Status: Updates come faster with comments.

I'm Your Best Kept Secret and Your Worst Mistake

Chapter 2

"Come on Nena!"

"Just a second." I quickly put on my hoodie and converse while running down stairs. I put my hood up and ran out to the mustang parked out front. I didn't bother saying goodbye to my mother, she wouldn't answer back or even acknowledge it.

"Hey Kitty-cat." Eric called as i climbed over him to sit in the middle. I simply waved to everyone and gave them a smile.
"I can't believe we're going to get signed!" George shouted in my ear.
"We don't know if we'll get signed."
"How could we not when we've got this little sex kitten?" Eric wrapped his arm around me and Jared laughed.
"She's 14. How the hell is she a sex kitten?"

"She hangs out with us doesn't she?" Eric asked confused. The car roared with laughter as i sat and smiled. These were my boys. My immature, perverted, teenage boys. I laid my head on Eric shoulder as the boys kept laughing. I didn't really talk much, not even to my best friends. When i was little and would sing, the guys said I had the voice of an angel. And so to preserve it I tried talking less. I nearly stopped talking all together but that story is for another day.

We walked up to the building, hoods drawn, all of them around me like a secret service. I suppose we looked quite the site. Nevertheless the receptionist didn't look surprised to see us. "Outcast Army? Top floor, last door to the left." We thanked her and made out way tot he top floor. We had finally made it to the last door on the left and we debated on what to do.

"We should just walk in."
"No that's rude! We should knock."
"That would make us seem timid"
"So you want to seem arrogant?"

I rolled my eyes at them and knocked on the door before entering. The guys followed behind me, silent and blushing.

"Hi you must be Outcast Army. I'm Patrick, we spoke on the phone." Patrick Stump. Okay I was expecting some stuffy old exec. but this could work. The boys shook hands with Patrick and introduced themselves. I just shook his hand.

"Her names Anemone Masterson. She doesn't talk much." I raised my eyes to Patrick, my hood still up, and smiled lightly which he returned.

"Pete was going to be here but he couldn't. You'll meet him later. Just step into the sound booth and we can get started." We nodded and stepped into the room. I went to the mike and took down my hood. My long hair spilled down over my shoulders and places the head phones over my ears. Patrick seemed shocked that I had stepped up to the mic.

"Go for it Nena." I nodded my head and let the lyrics flow out.

*Patrick's Point of View*

Didn't they just say the girl didn't talk? So why is she going to the mic? The rest took they're places as she removed her hood. Her long, dark hair, flowed down and her blue eyes seemed brighter.
"Do your thing Nena." Nena. Like the singer Well she's got the name, let's see if she's got the lungs. She opened her mouth and let the lyrics flow out. I honestly thought i was hearing things. There was no way that was her real voice. It had to be a trick. Her voice, it was so pure, so angelic, and it held so much emotion. And the lyrics.

I'm dancing in the rain
I'm screaming in pain
I need you hear by my side
I want to look
But I'm afraid of what I'll find
Your gone from my sight
It's a lonely night
Every thing's dead in my life
Just look oh look
At what you've done this time
It's a lonely night. . .


I literally had my mouth wide open. If only Pete were here to, well, hear this. He will soon enough I guess. They finished and walked out.
"You guys are it." I smiled as the boys cheered. But Anemone, had a sad smile. "We'll go over the contract, and then you guyswill just have to sign on the dotted line." The guys kept they're smiles, but didn't cheer.

"Actually we have something else to discuss first." I raised an eyebrownand they put there arms around Aneome. "We're all 18, but she's only 14.