Status: Updates come faster with comments.

I'm Your Best Kept Secret and Your Worst Mistake

Chapter 5

Night of the Party

"Guys I'm not so sure about this." We all stood around the mirror staring intently. I had picked out an outfit that the boys and I were both happy with but I was afraid. "what if they think I'm some kind of freak?"

"OK Nena look at me," Harper turned me towards him, "Do you love your outfit?" I nodded my head. "Do you love your gloomy bear?" I nodded again It was new and the guys had just bought it for me today. "Do you love those shoes too?" I nodded again and so did he. "Then it's fine. Your strange and bizarre. If Amy Lee doesn't have to wear shoes you can wear whatever you want." The guys laughed and settled my nerves a little. We all started out the door to the elevator.

"You guys nervous?" George pushed floor number and smirked. We all shook our heads. We were not nervous No, we were excited. We were ecstatic. We were meeting out idols. But what if they were all stuck up? Nah, that won't happen. Jared gave me a piggy back ride and we exited the elevator. We finally came to the door of the ballroom and went inside. Every band that was on warped was there. We made our way over to Patrick, and Jared set me down.

"Well if it isn't the Outcasts. You guys find the party okay?" We nodded. There had been signs with arrows pointing the direction. They also had phrases like, "Almost there", and "You're getting warmer." Patrick looked at us and smiled.

"Let me introduce you guys to some people and then you'll go up on stage." We nodded again and followed him to a table. "Pete, your latest discovery is here. Guys this is Jared, Eric, George, Harper, and Anemone." The guys each said a hello or what's up or were simply star struck, but i stayed quiet and kept my head down. I heard foot steps and felt a hand pick up my chin.

"There's that pretty face. Now why don't you let us hear that pretty voice?" Standing before me in the flesh was Strify. I stared up with wide eyes and shook my head.
"She doesn't talk." Eric said , but made no move towards me.
"What a shame," Strify pouted, "Such a pretty face." Patrick laughed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"She's only fourteen. Let's not scare her off." The guys (Fall out boy, Cinema bizarre) were shocked.
"There's no way. She's got to be at least sixteen." Patrick just smiled.
"Why don't you go on up to the stage. I'll introduce you and you can sing your song." We walked up to the stage and the music stopped, everyone stared. Patrick followed and grabbed the mic.

"May I have your attention? I would like to introduce FBR/DD's newest member Outcast Army. Here are Jared, Harper, George, Eric, and Anemone." He quickly exited the stage and we picked up our instruments. I stepped up to the mic and everyone was silent.

"Go for it Nena."

They hadn't said it into their Mic's but they had said it simultaneously. It went throughout the room and everyone was silent, still. I set my gloomy bear down by the mic stand, not looking at anyone I slowly closed my eyes and opened my mouth. The lyrics flowed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nena's Outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/nena/set?id=15015735

Bow goes in her hair.