Status: Updates postponed until I can catch up with life.

The Face of a Killer

Ladies and Gentlemen... Welcome to Hell

The ride to Hell was very dull. One would expect it to be a bit more interesting, being the new sinners and all. Well I guess for Emilie it was interesting. She's I guess what you could call the perfect prep? She was the popular girl at our old school and I can already tell that it's not going to be any different here.

It's kind of nice. A little taste of the old mixed with the new never hurt anyone.

Despite the fact that everyone's attention appeared to be on Ms. Beauty Queen I could feel eyes on me from all directions.

I was used to this sort of thing. I just shoved my head phones in my ears and drowned the chatter out with some nice soothing screamo music. It didn't last long though. We were the last stop on the bus's way to school and not even one song was finished before I could see the beast itself looming on the horizon.

I sighed and yanked the head phones out of my ears just in time to hear a girl dressed a lot like Emilie ask her who I was and her relationship with me. I told myself to tune it out but unfortunately Emilie just has one of those special voices that can pierce the thickest of barriers.

"We're both foster kids in the same family. If you wanted to ask him out don't try. He's about as straight as a wet noodle." she finished off causing many of the people around her to giggle and throw sideways glances in my direction.

I wasn't bothered by the fact that she had said it. It wasn't a secret. But wet noodle? Who the hell said that anymore?

Then a younger girl, probably about fourteen, spoke up above the laughter.

"Hey maybe Riley will finally get some action!" This statement caused a second outburst of giggles.

I was partially curious as to who "Riley" was but also, scarily, eager to be away from the giggling mass that was now eying me and whispering amongst itself.

Finally as if God had shined light on my hell, if just for an instant, we reached the school and the doors opened to allow the flood of students to disperse to their classes.

I waited until the bus was mostly empty before standing. That's when I noticed a girl farther in the back stand and quickly move to my side.

"Hi! I'm Angel! Nice to meet you... Cody?" she said in a voice that sounded like she was on a sugar high.

I blinked at her forwardness, not really used to people approaching me like that.

"Um.. hi... Yeah my name's Cody. Nice to meet you Angel." I replied, casually looking her over.

Her hair was a very pretty black, and she had on a lot of eyeliner. It accented her bright, alert, blue eyes. She was wearing an All Time Low t-shirt and bright yellow skinny jeans that probably could have blinded someone if they hadn't been slightly faded, showing she probably wore them quite a lot.

"So Cody where are you and your foster sister from? I'm sorry this will sound rude but are you really gay? I don't mind. I don't get why people always make a big deal out of it. What's your first class? Do you need help finding your way around?" I found myself once again blinking at her in wonderment. This girl could talk fast...

"Um... We're from a town a few hours away from here. Yeah I'm gay. My first class is...," At this I paused and glanced at the crumpled piece of paper in my hand. "Geometry. Yeah I'd like some help if you don't mind."

Angel grinned so big I could have sworn that her face was going to rip in half. She excitedly grabbed my arm and all but pulled me off of the bus and out into the bright courtyard of the school. It was about 7:45 and many students were making their way toward the double doors that served as an entrance. Angel looked back at me, still smiling and moved her hand down my arm and attached it to my own hand.

I looked down at our hands then back up at her and gave her a small smile to show I didn't care. Her smile got bigger if that was possible and she gently tugged me toward the looming red building.

---

"I never thought hell food could look more disgusting than at my old school... I was wrong..." I commented to Angel as she sat at a lunch table toward the back of the cafeteria with a tray piled with I didn't even want to know what.

"Oh shush! Just because it looks gross doesn't mean that it is! Except for the chili dogs... Those are gross." she replied, winking at me as she sipped from her juice box.

I gave her a small smirk before returning to gazing about the lunch room. I could see Emilie on the other side. Already, she was surrounded by a large group of other popular kids and a few straggling hopefuls. I pitied the poor souls, really I did. If school was hell, Emilie was the devil.

Feeling bored with her considering I would see her when I got home, I changed the direction of my wandering eyes and my attention was caught by someone coming in the doors.

It was a guy. Presumably my age. He looked a bit taller than me at this distance. His hair was either black or a very dark brown with random blond streaks in it. His bangs covered most of his face and he wore black skinny jeans and a black Seether shirt.

"Who's that?" I questioned Angel, nodding toward the new comer.

She glanced up at me, halfway through eating her turkey sandwich, then turned to see who I was talking about.

When she turned back around she had a slightly frightening smirk and a bit of an evil glint to her eye.

"Oh you noticed him did you? Well you know how the kids on the bus today were talking about 'Riley' when they found out you swung a different way?" she questioned, leaning forward a bit.

"Yes..." I said, leaning back a bit by reflex.

"Well... That," she nodded with her head toward the guy in black, "is Riley. He's a wet noodle too if you get my drift."

I raised my eyebrow at the wet noodle comment. Really when did people start using that term again?

Then I looked back toward Riley. From this distance he seemed attractive. A bit cocky by the way he held himself, but attractive nonetheless. I heard Angel giggle slightly and I shot her a glare. She smiled innocently at me.

Looking back up over her shoulder I could see Riley making his way toward our table. I lay my elbow on the table and rested my head on my hand and turned my head slightly to stare at the wall when he seemed to notice my stare. Angel only giggled more.

"Hey Angel. Who's this?"

I shifted my eyes over to Riley's face and he pulled a chair over from a different table and took a seat next to Angel. His voice was very smooth and soft.

"Riley this is Cody. Cody this is Riley." she introduced us, giving me a look that made me want to throw a handful of pudding at her face.

"Hm..." was all that Riley said as he stared me down.

I looked back over at him and met his hard brown eyes. He was attractive at a distance. He was gorgeous up close.

Ladies and gentlemen... Hell just got worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Please?
Otherwise I have no idea if people are even interested in this story...