Status: Updates postponed until I can catch up with life.

The Face of a Killer

Hell Hath No Escape

"Hey Cody! How was your first day of school?" Angel caroled, skipping down the aisle of the bus and plopping down in the seat next to me.

"Hmph..." was my only response. My head was leaned against the window, my arms were crossed across my chest, and my eyes were closed.

In short?

I was pouting. That's what my old therapist called it anyways.

It was bad enough I lived with the she-devil herself. It was bad enough that I just moved to a new town and was going to a new school with the she-devil. It was as bad as it could be because the hottest guy I've ever seen is a complete jerk and wants nothing to do with me. Oh and my new best friend wants desperately to hook me up with said jerk.

"Oh don't be such a pouter!" Angel nearly screeched, latching onto my arm and nuzzling her face against my shoulder.

"Hmph..." I repeated, opening one eye to look at her.

She smiled up at me innocently.

"Angel... what an ironic name for such an evil, evil little girl." I commented as the bus began to inch slowly into movement, taking me away from one hell toward the next.

Home... Emilie would be there. Jane would be at work. Drew would be at work.

I'd be at home, locked in my room, away from Emilie, trapped with my memories.

Lately they seemed to be haunting me more and more.

Last night was one in a long stream that left me paler than I already am and looking like someone punched me in both eyes.

"Aw you love me and you know it!" Angel said, squeezing my arm. I smiled at her. She really was very lovable, if slightly loud sometimes.

---

Strawberry milk was heaven on Earth, no matter what anyone says. That's what I was thinking when Emilie stalked into the kitchen with a look that could kill Iron Man. And oh did I forget to mention that look was directed at me?

"What's your problem Queeny?" I questioned, wiping the milk mustache off of my lip.

"You are my problem Cody!" she screamed. Personally, I'm surprised that dogs all over the world didn't start howling at that moment.

"OK?" I commented, leaning back against the counter and sipping at my milk again.

"You just had to be fucking gay didn't you!? Now everyone won't shut up about you dammit!" At this she stomped out of the kitchen, up the stairs, into her room, and proceeded to slam the door as loud as she could manage.

I stared out the doorway with the now empty glass in my hand and said the empty air, "You're the one who told them."
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written on this in like... a year... I'm trying to get back on the writing wagon again though... So if anyone still knows that this story exists please comment so I know how I'm doing...