The Sunrise of My Heart

Chapter Seventeen: Details and Planning

The night we 'broke up', Draco and I stayed up late in the Slytherin common room, glad to have the privacy of the darkness. We had to figure out how we could be together and keep our relationship going, but we also couldn't get caught. After all, we had to keep up our appearances if we were to be happy.

"Did you really have to say that about my father?" Draco asked as I sat down. "Was that absolutely necessary?"

"Draco, right now your dad is not my favorite person in the world. He spoke indifferently about being acquainted with my father's murderer and he called me beneath you. So yeah, it was necessary to say that he sucks cock."

"Alright, I'll admit he deserved no better. But that was still really low. Speaking of low, so was what you said about my snogging. A hippopotamus? Are you serious?"

"I'm sorry, it was the first thing that came to mind. I assure you your kissing is much better than that of a hippo's, although I've never actually snogged a hippo so I have no real experience with how good or bad they kiss... But I'm certain you kiss much better."

"Damn right I do," he muttered.

"Speaking of hitting below the belt, so was your comment about only dating me to snog me and basically get in my pants."

"Look, you know that wasn't true, and I had to say something that I knew would convince Zabini. He understands simple lust, so I used that to my advantage. If I really just wanted in your pants, don't you think I'd have made an advancement towards that yet?"

"Yeah, I suppose so. Alright, now getting back to business, we need to figure out how and when we can meet in secret. We can't always depend on the common room being empty or safe."

"Well, there's the kitchens, and any abandoned classrooms."

"Yes, good. Oh, and the Room of Requirements!"

"The what?"

"The Room of Requirements. It's a room made to contain whatever the current user needs at that time. For us, it would be somewhere secluded and comfortable, somewhere where we could also be sure no one would see us enter or leave."

"Oh, well that's a nifty room. Why have I never heard of it before?"

"Few have. Most people go through their seven years here without ever even catching a glimpse of it or hearing the tiniest rumor about it."

"So how do you know about it?"

"I'm Riley Carson. Of course I know about it. That and Fred, George, and I have explored all over this castle numerous times, so it wasn't long before I found it."

"So they know about it too?" He sounded rather unpleased by this concept.

"Actually, I don't think so. I didn't show them when I found it. So we can meet there, at the kitchens, and in abandoned classrooms. And on the edge of the forbidden forest, on occasion."

"But how will we get word to each other?"

"Hmm... How about this?" I pointed my wand at the palm of my hand, muttered a spell, and a small, transparent, blue mouse appeared in my hand. "I can send him to you when I'd like to arrange a meeting."

"And if I want to arrange one?"

"Well, you could learn the spell."

"Alright, what is it?"

"You just point your wand and say Parum Bestia."

"Parum Bestia?"

"Yep! Give it a try!"

"Alright... Parum Bestia!" He pointed his wand, and a small, transparent, green rabbit appeared and wavered for a moment before dissipating. With a curse, he tried again, determined to make it work, and then tried again. On the third try, his bunny stayed, hopping around our ankles, barely the size of a hamster.

"Oh it's so cute!"

"So how do they convey our messages?" he asked.

"Like this." I whispered something into my mouse's ear, and he jumped from my palm, landing on the floor and running towards Draco. He scampered up his leg and stomach, coming to rest on his shoulder.

"Miss Carson requests that I inform you about the cuteness of your rabbit," a small voice whispered from the mouse, into Draco's ear.

"That's odd. I've never had a blue mouse speak to me before."

"Try it with your bunny! Just tell it what to say and who to say it to."

"Alright..." He whispered into his bunny's ear, and it hopped from his hands and scurried over to me. I bent to pick it up and placed its mouth near my ear.

"Mr. Malfoy requests that I inform you of the level of your attractiveness, and also says he's glad you've agreed to stay with him no matter how difficult it is," a tiny voice chirped in my ear. I smiled and whispered into the bunny's ear a reply it could bring to Draco.

"Miss Carson responds, saying that she is equally glad you have chosen to deal with the difficulties of dating her, and also requests that I inform you that she finds you equally attractive."

"You find me really attractive, do you?" Draco asked me with a smirk. Our small animals disappeared now that we weren't using them anymore, leaving us utterly alone again.

"Oh, irresistibly so," I agreed with a laugh.

"More irresistible than a hippo?"

"Definitely."

"Would you be willing to prove that to me?"

I rolled my eyes and moved from my seat to his lap. "Well, if I must," I joked.

We passed time snogging in that chair, enjoying being in each others arms like that, but also knowing the boundaries that would not be crossed. Finally, we decided it was time to go to bed, so we pulled apart and went our separate ways for the time being.

As I crawled silently into bed, a small, transparent, green bunny hopped onto my pillow and whispered into my ear, "Mr. Malfoy wishes you a good night's sleep and sweet dreams. He also requests that you meet tomorrow night in the Room of Requirements at 11:00p.m."

I smiled softly and whispered my consent into the rabbit's ears so it could go to Draco and give him my acceptance to his request.
♠ ♠ ♠
For the record, the spell used in here is purely from my own imagination.