The Sunrise of My Heart

Chapter Fifty-eight: Fred and George's Wicked Escape Part 1

The next day, rumors were buzzing around the entire school about how Dumbledore had overcome two Aurors, the High Inquisitor, the Minister of Magic, and his Junior Assistant to escape. The rumors ranged from the comical to the downright bizarre, but one thing stayed true: Everyone (minus the asshole Slytherins) was on Dumbledore's side.

Soon before lunch, I found Fred and George whispering together, looking gleeful and definitely like they were up to something. "Hello, boys," I said cheerfully as I came up to them.

They pulled apart and grinned at me. "Riley," they said in unison.

"We hoped we'd find you before lunch," Fred said.

"We've got something wicked planned," George added.

"We think you'll really appreciate it," Fred finished.

"Okay, now I'm very much intrigued. What are you two planning?"

"We've been thinking for awhile that we no longer have any use here," George began.

"And what with our new Head being who she is--" Fred continued.

"-- we think we owe her a bit of mayhem," George concluded. "You might want to run along to lunch now, if you don't want to get blamed for what's about to happen."

"Screw lunch, I want in," I answered.

They grinned at me. "Excellent," they both said. "Follow us."

They led me to a secret door that very few people knew about because it was hidden behind a tapestry, and there we waited. I started to ask what we were waiting for, but then I heard a loud boom!. Peaking out the door, I saw tons of enchanted fireworks in the corridor. Green and gold fiery dragons were flying around, blasting fire as they flew. Bright pink Catherine wheels that were almost as wide as I was tall were cartwheeling all around the hall, bouncing off the walls like drunk maniacs. Giant rockets shot around, bouncing off of everything in their path and still going strong despite the obstacles. Sparklers were writing swear words in the air as if held by invisible hands. Firecrackers exploded and sizzled, never dying out, always getting brighter and stronger.

"Did I mention that you two are the most brilliant people I've ever met?" I asked in awe. I shut the cracked door when I saw Umbridge approaching, but she was too busy being horrified to have noticed it even if I had left it wide open.

"I hope she stuns them," Fred said, laughing as quietly as possible. "That makes them explode forcefully."

We listened carefully, and sure enough we heard her scream "Stupefy!", followed by a loud bang!, and the walls seemed to shake a bit. We all doubled over with silent laughter, shaking with the effort of keeping it in. A few moments later, Harry crept in through the door, laughing.
"Impressive," he said quietly, grinning. "Very impressive... You'll put Mr. Filibuster out of business, no problem."

"Cheers," George whispered, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. "Oh, I hope she tries Vanishing them next... They multiply by ten every time you try..."

We waited for awhile more before sneaking off, laughing about how much Umbridge was in over her ugly little head. The fireworks soon took over pretty much the whole school, but none of the other teachers minded. In fact, I think they enjoyed them just as much as the rest of us did. In almost every class, if a rogue firework would bust in and mess things up, the teacher would usually just shake his or her head in fake unhappiness and then send a student to go and get Umbridge so she could take care of it herself. She had to run all over the school, being summoned non-stop. Most of them rather sarcastically claimed that they weren't sure if they'd had the authority to get rid of the fireworks themselves.

Fred and George, of course, were heroes in the eyes of the Gryffindors. I spent that night in the common room with them, celebrating with the other Gryffindors. Even Hermione complemented them on their handiwork, surprising and pleasing them both. Fred, George, and Lee somehow managed to produce a case of firewhiskey, waiting until most people had gone up to bed before bringing it out. So, in honor of the spectacular day, we drank until we were seeing triple.

"Geeooorge!" I giggled, swaying, "You have a twin!" I wasn't referring to Fred, but to the fact that I could see more than one of him. When we remembered that he did, in fact, have a real twin, we both dissolved into a fit of laughter.

"So do you," George said, swaying closer to me. "She looks good, too. Think she'd talk to me?"

"No," I slurred with a laugh. "She's too high-class for you."

"Oh, well. I have you." He went to kiss me, but we both tumbled down, landing on the large arm chair. This, of course, forced us to laugh even harder.

"Fred," I said cheerfully, watching him dance with Lee. They both looked like drunk monkeys, but at the time it seemed really great. "You'll be the new Elvis! Or Astaire. Or whoever is an awesome dancer!"

"I don't know who those blokes are," he said, shaking his butt, "But they've got nothing on me!"

Seeing Fred shake his not-that-great butt made us all laugh hysterically. George and I got up and started dancing with Fred and Lee, looking just as dorky as they did.

"We should start our own dance team! We'll make loads of galleons and tour the world!" I suggested.

"I can sing for the group," George said, and then he proceeded to belt out a song about a hairy troll. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but not by any means good. Drunk people shouldn't sing. But still, we all thought it was spectacular.

"George, how come you're so talented?" I asked with a giggle.

"Cause I'm born wicked cool," he answered, doing some kind of awkward, booty jiggle/robot dance move. I fell on the ground, laughing.

"I'm gonna go get some food and bring it back! You all keep dancing," I said, stumbling out of the room. I giggled and stumbled my way down the halls, making surprisingly little noise. As I was stumbling around, I heard someone come up behind me. I spun around, fighting back a giggle.

"Riley? What on earth are you doing?" Draco asked, staring at me.

I giggled again. "I'm celebrating."

"Are you drunk?"

"No. But you are."

He sighed softly, giving me an exasperated look, and then grabbed my hand and started walking me towards the Slytherin dorm. "You're like an obnoxious child," he muttered.

"Wait, I have to bring food back to George, Fred, and Lee!"

"No, you have to get back to the common room before you get caught and kicked out," he hissed. "Now be quiet."

We made it back to the Slytherin common room with no incidents, and he silently led me to the guys' bathroom, shoving me down in front of the toilet. "If you're going to puke, make sure it's in there."

"I don't puke! I can hold my liquorice. Oops! I mean my liquor." Right after I said that, I threw up, the puke going mostly into my hair and partially into the toilet.

He sighed softly and turned on the shower, then stripped off his shirt and pants.

"Striiippper!" I crowed, pointing at him. "Makin it rain!"
"You're stripping too," he answered waspishly, coming over and pulling my robes off. By the time he stepped back, I was only in my bra and panties.

"No, it's cold!" I whined. "And George won't be happy."

"George is probably too drunk to even realize you're gone," he answered, shoving me into the shower and stepping in behind me.

I gasped when the water hit my body because it was freezing cold. "Cold!"
"I know," he snapped. "But hot water will only make it worse. Now get back under the water so I can get the damn puke out of your hair."

I stepped obediently back under the water, shivering and pouting like a child, while he used a loofah to scrub clean my hair. While he was cleaning my hair, I happened to notice that he had some nice muscles. Quidditch did him good. I wondered if his "broomstick" was nice too, and then giggled at the thought, causing him to pause his cleaning for a moment.

"Why are you giggling?" he asked, sounding crossed between tired and curious.

"You're wearing boxers," I said.

"And?" he asked, his cheeks turning slightly pink.

"I'm drunk," I said happily, grabbing the loofah and holding it behind me so he couldn't grab it. He leaned forward for the loofah, his face getting very close to mine. We both stopped moving, staring at each other intensely before I slowly handed the loofah back to him, the alcohol and loyalty to George competing for dominance within me. Draco took the loofah and stepped back, clearing his throat slightly.

"Turn around so I can get the back of your hair," he said, not fully looking me in the eye.

I turned around so he could get the back, still drunk but no longer a total blathering idiot. I felt his hands stop moving, and then his fingers lightly touched my shoulder blade.

"What is this?" he asked.

"Sexual harassment?"
"The scar, Riley," he snapped.

"Oh. It's just a scar I got when I was a kid. I think I fell off my broom and landed on a plant pot. It shattered and cut me."

He went back to cleaning my hair, thankfully not mentioning the fact that my undergarments were white, so he could probably see my butt through the cloth. Finally, he got the throw up out of my hair and turned off the water, wrapping a towel around his waist and handing me one. I took it sleepily and wrapped it around my body, the alcohol finally starting to make me crash.

"Bed time?" I asked.

"If you go to bed now, you'll have a hangover in the morning."

"Don't care. Want sleep," I muttered.

"Your call," he answered, handing my clothes back to me. "Get dressed first." I obliged, and then finally made my way to my bed, leaving him behind in the guys' dorm. I crawled into bed, not even bothering with putting on my blankets, and went out like a light. The last thing I thought before falling asleep was wondering why Draco had been wandering the castle in the middle of the night, completely alone.