The Sunrise of My Heart

Chapter Ninety-eight: Drinking Games and Pet Names

When we got to the Three Broomsticks, it was completely deserted. Most people were sleeping by then, apparently. Which was just as well. I didn't need any nosy witches and wizards scrutinizing me and Draco, questioning whether we were old enough to be here so late, ordering firewhiskey. I told Draco to wait outside for about five minutes because I didn't want his presence to discourage What's-His-Face, but we had a plan on how to get me out of there without Flirty Fanboy trying to follow me. I put on Draco's cloak that he was wearing, but left it open so my outfit was still noticeable. Then, I sauntered into the Three Broomsticks, knowing Madam Rosmerta would be off sleeping, leaving her nephew in charge.
"Hey," I said, walking up to the bar and smiling flirtatiously at him. "Long time, no see." I looked him up and down, my smile turning into something a little more promising for him. "Too long, in fact. I missed looking at you."
He grinned, resting his elbows on the bar and leaning towards me. "Riley," he said, giving my outfit an appreciative look. "You're looking very good. You here for a midnight tryst or something?" He winked.
I laughed and shook my head, lightly running my fingers over the back of one of his hands. "Easy, there. I am still underaged. But only just. It would take more than a pretty face and some bold words to make that tryst happen."
His smile widened and he pulled out two bottles of firewhiskey. "Would these work?"
I grabbed the bottles from him, being sure to let my fingers brush his as I did. "These might just do the trick." I leaned forward, knowing it gave him a very nice shot of my cleavage. God, I felt like a shamelessly flirty slut. Although considering I was flirting with this boy to get alcohol from him, so I could drink it with another boy, I suppose I kind of was being a bit trampy. Eh, too damn bad. Sometimes it was just necessary.
The door behind us slammed open, and I stood up quickly, hiding the firewhiskey my cloak. Draco stalked in, all arrogance and sneers. "Carson," he said to me with a cold smirk.
"Malfoy," I said, just as cold, looking at him like I really didn't want him to be there.
"Who are you?" Madam Rosmerta's nephew asked, glaring at Draco.
Draco, in turn,, glared back with an icy intensity. "I'm Draco Malfoy. Who the bloody hell are you?"
"I'm Andrew," he said in annoyance. "And I'm the bartender here. You're disturbing my bar, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
Oh. His name was Andrew. Whoops.
"Believe me, I'll be leaving as soon as possible," Draco said, looking around like this place was way beneath him. "But not without her. You see, she's not supposed to be out of bed at this hour, let alone out of the castle. Our head of house sent me to fetch her."
"Just like the mindless dog you are," I said, narrowing my eyes at Draco.
"Shut it, Carson," he spat, grabbing my arm and dragging me to the door. "Sorry to ruin your late-night shag, but Professor Snape is furious with you for sneaking out again."
I sighed in annoyance and looked back at Andrew with an apologetic stare. "I'll catch you later, yeah?" I said, smiling slightly.
He looked rather disappointed that I had to leave, but he nodded all the same. "Yeah, sure thing."
With that, Draco dragged me out the door. As soon as it shut behind us, I started to giggle. Draco shushed me, making sure we were further away from the pub before he smiled and let me have my laughing fit.
"Oh, I feel a little bad," I said as I pulled the firewhiskey from my cloak. "He was really looking forward to spending some time with me tonight."
Draco scoffed. "Don't feel bad. He was only interested in shagging you. Certainly not worth your sympathy."
"How do you know he only wanted to shag me?" I asked.
"Because if he was actually interested in you and not your body, he'd have fought harder to get you to stay."
"Oh, good point. So are you only interested in shagging me?"
"Are you saying I'll get to?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and smirking at me.
I rolled my eyes and shoved him lightly. "No. I was just wondering if that's what your goal was by getting me isolated and drunk."
"Well, no. That's not my goal. My goal is to get very drunk and pretend like life's fair and easy. Whatever else happens is just bonus."
"Oh, your cloak," I said, suddenly remembering I was still wearing it. "Here, fold the firewhiskey so I can take it off."
He shrugged, not reaching out for the drinks. "Keep it on. It's chilly out tonight, and your clothing is rather lacking in coverage." I laughed, causing him to look at me in suspicion. "What?" he asked.
"Nothing. It's just, most guys would have taken the cloak back because my clothing is so lacking in coverage. But you, Slytherin prick, are looking out for my over all well being. It's just ironic. And nice." I smiled at him.
"Yeah, well, don't get used to it."
"Of course not," I said, shaking my head.
"Where are we going, anyways?" he asked, looking around us.
"To a part of the Black Lake that's in the Forbidden Forest. Don't worry, it's safe. I've been there millions of times. It's also very secluded so we won't get caught for being out so late, drinking. It's the perfect rendezvous spot."
When we got to our little rendezvous spot, we put Draco's cloak on the ground and sat on it, gazing out across the lake. I silently handed him one of the firewhiskey bottles, opening my own and drinking deeply from it.
"Ugh, I can never decide if this stuff tastes disgusting or really good."
"Neither can I," Draco agreed, grimacing slightly. "I'm leaning a bit towards disgusting."
"Well, drink till it's delicious. That should do the trick."
We drank from our bottles for awhile, but it wasn't as fun as I had hoped, so I grinned, a sudden idea coming into my head. "Let's play a drinking game."
He nodded. "All right. What game?"
"It's called Never Have I Ever. I'll say something I've never done, and if you've done it, you have to take a drink from your bottle. Then you go with something you haven't done, and I drink if I have."
"What if I haven't done what you haven't done?"
"Uh, depends on who you play with. Some people make it so the person who said the "Never have I ever" bit has to take a drink."
"Sound like fun. Are there any other rules?"
"Well, the whole point of the game, aside from getting drunk, is to get to know your drinking partners better. Often, you give a specific example of when you've done whatever the other person hasn't, but if you don't want to explain, you can strip off an article of clothing. Also, if you don't want to take another drink just yet, the strip rule comes into effect. Got it?"
He frowned. "What if you haven't done what the other person hasn't?"
"Oh, Er... Strip," I said.
He nodded. "Okay, I think I got it."
"Okay, I'll start. Never have I ever--"
"Wait," he said suddenly.
"What?"
"I want to add one more rule."
"Okay, what rule?"
"You can only make these things from this life. If you've done some thing sixty years ago, it doesn't count. You have to have done them as Riley Carson. Deal?"
I nodded. "Deal. Okay, never have I ever broken a bone."
Draco took a large swig from his bottle. "I broke my arm when I was seven," he said. "I was flying around on a little broomstick, and I went too high before crashing into the side of my house and falling."
I smiled at that. "Even as a child, you were reckless."
"Okay, my turn. Never have I ever slept in the same bed as another bloke."
"Should I take a shot if I've slept in a bed with a boy, or with a girl?"
"Boy," he answered, raising his eyebrows when I took a drink from my bottle.
"Come on, you woke up with me in your bed last weekend. That means we slept in the same bed. Plus, I've shared a bed with Harry. Totally innocently, just so you know."
"Hmm," he said, pursing his lips a bit. Apparently the thought of me in a bed with Harry at all was displeasing to him. Which I thought was a bit sweet.
"Never have I ever gone skinny dipping." Since he had added that rule about this life being the only one that counted, that was actually true.
"Well, neither have I," he said.
"Strip!" I cheered.
He rolled his eyes at me, pulling off his shoes.
"Ooh, sexy," I said sarcastically, causing him to push me over. I carefully covered the opening to my bottle so nothing would spill out.
"Never have I ever had to strip for a game before," he said.
"Huh, actually, neither have I," I answered, pulling off my boots and tossing them aside. "Okay, never have I ever...."
The game continued on for awhile. Eventually, we were both slobbering drunk and half naked. Draco had on only one sock and his boxers, and I was down to skirt and bra. Literally nothing else on. I'd had to go commando because Draco hadn't ever snogged Pansy, and neither had I. It was either the panties, or the bra/skirt coming off, so I picked the least revealing article of clothing.
We were both laughing over something ridiculous, and I was too drunk to stay upright while I laughed so hard. I tumbled backwards, causing my laughter to intensify. Draco followed suit, collapsing on the ground beside me, our faces inches apart. The laughter slowly subsided as we stared at each other, and it wasn't long before our lips suddenly crashed together. His hands made their way to my waist, pulling me close.
Somewhere in the back of my mind, a dim little warning bell was chiming at me. But it was very faint, and I was very drunk, so I ignored it. Besides, kissing Draco felt good. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. When his hands slid down to my thighs, that warning bell got louder, distracting me some from his lips. It was starting to get on my nerves. His hands slid up my legs a bit, fingers just creeping under the edge of my skirt. That warning bell was now a blaring foghorn, effectively causing me to pull away from him.
"Wait," I said, trying desperately to think through the haze of alcohol and attraction.
"Why?" he grumbled, moving to kiss my neck.
"Um," I said, suddenly very distracted by what he was doing. The neck is a very sensitive spot. "I'm having trouble remembering," I answered, a little breathless.
"Then don't," he said, his voice husky with desire.
This boy was going to be my undoing!
"I should stop you," I tried again, when his hands slid just a little further up my legs.
"No, you shouldn't," he disagreed, moving back to my lips. Probably to silence me.
Finally, the warning bell gave way to coherent thought process, reminding me why I should stop him. I gently pushed him away again, causing him to groan loudly. But he complied this time.
"All right, fine. But at least tell me why I have to stop."
"Because I don't want my first time to be when we're both drunk. I did that last time, and it ended really badly. Family feuds, friends hating each other, just a lot of problems. And besides, I'd like to remember it clearly the next morning, with no headaches, confusion, or nausea. Wouldn't you agree?"
"You're a bloody tease," he mumbled, flopping back against the grass and covering his face with his hands. After awhile, he looked at me, lowering his hands. "All right, I agree. You killed my drunk, though."
"I know," I said. "I killed mine too. Which I guess is good, because we should probably get back to the castle."
He nodded, gathering his clothes and putting them back on. I followed suit, quickly putting my clothes back on before sitting down to zip up my boots again.
"Those boots," Draco said form behind me. "Where did you get them?"
I shrugged. "Some magical shop. Why?"
"They drive me mental. When you wear them, I can hardly keep my hands off you."
I grinned. "Well, they're rumored to have a spell on them that makes the wearer irresistible to members of their preferred sex."
"I'd say the spell works," he answered, giving me a predator-esque look that made me shiver a little.
"Come on, honey, we have to go," I said.
"What did you call me?" he asked.
"What? That's what you are! That," I pointed to his unmistakable protrusion, "is living proof."
"What?" he asked, clearly confused.
"What?" I said, also confused.
"How is this proof-- You called me "honey," Riley."
"Oh! My bad. I meant to call you horny. I might still be a little drunk."
"I liked it," he said quickly, like he had to force the words out.
"Really?"
"I like you calling me pet names. Like we belong to each other. Maybe not "honey," but the basic idea is nice."
I smiled. "I agree. Okay, so I'll try out different names and see what you like. Now come along, darling, we really need to go." I grabbed his hand and started walking towards Hogwarts.
"Darling is okay," he said, and I was pretty sure I heard a small smile in his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm... Should I change the rating on this story to R or NC-17 since I tend to use a lot of profanities? Feed back much appreciated! (: