Status: Complete.

The Dinner Party.

First and last.

"Excuse me, I just need to go to the bathroom," Matt said, throwing me a cautious smile. I gave a minuscule nod as I took as sip from my drink. Once he had closed the hall door behind him, conversation continued at our table. I smiled and nodded, offering small snippets of conversation here and there but watching the clock the whole time. I waited five minutes before excusing myself as well. The event manager gave me a curious look and I explained that I had to urgently call a friend. She nodded curtly before shooing me away.

I smirked as I left the hall and silently closed the door behind me before leaning back on it. I took in a deep breath before running over to the exit into the open grounds. Matt was waiting on the porch, watching the sky aimlessly. I smiled and waltzed over to him before linking our hands.

"Want to blow this place off, too, then?" He questioned even though he all ready knew the answer. I nodded and we walked out to the very back of the grounds. I left my shoes behind me and untied my hair while he threw off the tuxedo coat and tie and unbuttoned the collar and cuffs. He untucked his shirt and I pulled out a shirt from the large clutch I had brought along with me before throwing it over my dress and threw the clutch behind me in the mass of trees.

We walked down to a small lake and watched the sun as it seemed to watch us, warming and calming us. As we sat down with our legs stretched out, Matt grabbed my hand and smiled down at me before leaving a light peck on my cheek. I smiled up at him and we turned to watch the sun again, hands still clasped over one anothers. Before long the sun began to set and we knew it was late. We walked off the grounds towards his car and hopped in, not really caring about the dinner party we were meant to be at, or anything else, really.

"I love you, Matt," I said softly as I watched the horizon morph into darker shades before me.

"I love you, too, honey," he replied before reaching his hand over to mine once more with the other still clasped firmly to the wheel before rubbing over the skin with his thumb.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments appreciated.
405 words.