Monday The 27th -The Reawakening

The Stir of Chaos

Silence smiled into my ears as I sat in the detention room, thinking of all things about gerard. I sighed.

There is something about him that intrigues me, caughts me off guard and makes me feel all... warm inside.But why? Why of all people, him? I had that feeling before, about someone else. HIs name was Renz, those type of name that trails off and lingers in the air even after you stop saying it. It was rare to find a name as Renz, as so it was to know someone that .. nice. renz wsa average looking but he had special talents. Renz made me feel beautiful, complete as one whole jigsaw puzzle and let me see that even the simplest thing was beautiful. And then, when cancer robbed him away, I am left with that hollow feeling.

The same feeling I have right now, warm.. but hollow.

I shake my head to shake off the scary thought.

I looked around the almost-empty-if-not-for-mr-loseferd classroom. I thought I could almost see Gerard and Frank waving at me. I smiled.

Wait. NO. I should not have smiled at all. That was wrong, I cannot just let them get too near to me. Too near.. that I would fear of losing them like they always would be, gone.

I pulled my bag towards me, reached in and took out a bundle of white paper. With a light thud, I placed the papers on the table and began writing. Writing stories, that is what I love. It is a lifesaver, a lair where your mind is safe and no one is going to judge you. It is with this pen and papers that I was able to survive life's up and down. And even capture memories that I can weave into timeless stories. You can give me anything: books, music, sports and I would always have new ideas on creating original stories. I guess, it was just a genetic thing..being born into a family of writers.

Beginnings of a Fantasy, that is my new project. Its something like Harry Potter, but not in a fantasy setting. Just a hero with powers trying to seek his true life mission. Maybe if I could change the hero's name to Gerard, just maybe-

"Lily, I've got to go to the restroom. Stay here. If you vanish the moment I return, you're in big trouble."

"Yes sir."

Mr Loseferd walked out of the room, his footsteps echoing down the hallway as he slowly disappeared from view. Now, I am all alone.

I stared at the door.

Where's Gerard? Shouldn't he be in detention too? I hated myself for wishing him here, afterall he was such an annoying person. Yet, somehow, I could relate to him. Maybe it was his sincerity, being himself when everyone else just try to fit in into the crowd.

Gerard.. His name sounds so familiar..Did we met before? Nah, maybe its just my retarded imagination.

BOOM. The wall of the left side of the classroom shook. Voices echoed outside.

"Pl..ease.. Let me go.." A rasped whisper, so dry.

That.... That sounded like Gerard!

Goosebumps crawled all over my skin. I rushed towards the door when I heard another voice.

"You better stay away from us, you fag. We saw you in drag, and if you set your eyes on any of us, you're dead meat. You get me?!" A loud, low voice gave me the chills.

Oh no, what's going on?

"Blsdjfhhu.."

That guy is choking him! I have to do something. Anything! I twist the doorknob and before I could open the door, I realise the bully had brought along company.

"Look at him, he's pathetic. let's just go, we have better things to do."

"Yeah, like check out that new porn movie!"

"YEAh!" A roar of agreement as they high-fived among themselves.

I peeked out of the tiny hole in the door. Four jocks, each wearing the same cricket uniform, were cackling at Gerard. If not for their size, I would have beaten them to pulp. But I knew if I want to save Gerard, I had to wait.

And, where was Frank?

I heard another loud crash as Gerard was thrown to a nearby locker. The locker banged and clanked onto the floor and I could hear something cracked. Maybe it is Gerard's bones... I winced. I looked away.

The shuffling of footsteps died away. I could hear Gerard groaning softly in pain. My heart tightened. I peeked again to see if anyone else was outside.

No one.

I opened the door and rushed to Gerard.

Gerard was sprawled on the floor, with his back lying on the wall and clothes soaked in blood. His hands were trembling.His mouth was split open and blood was trickling down his chin. Another stream of blood trickled from his pale forehead. His eyes were shut and only the light muttering lips that signaled a sign of life. Other than that, he just lay there like he was ready.. to die.

What have they done?

I cupped his face to make sure he knows I am there.

"Gerard! Gerard, can you hear me?"

"Frank..frank.."

"Why? What happen to Frank?"

"He's...hu..he's in the toilet...he's..not breathing.."

"what?! Which toilet?!"

"Hall.. near the hall.."

I looked around for anyone, for someone to pass by so I can ask for help. No one.

"Gerard, I've got to get you to the hospital. You're losing too much blood!"

"Get Frank!"

"Oh god, I can't just leave you here !"

Sudden sound of footsteps jolt me out of panic for a moment.

"Lily, what is -"

"Mr Loseferd! Please get Gerard to the hospital, I got to find Frank!"

"But what-"

I sprang to my feet and ran towards the hall toilet. If I do not find Frank fast, I might even lose a potential friend.. No matter how retarded he is.

Please, God..Have mercy.

As I ran, I realise how amazing that even when Gerard was so hurt, he still cared more about his friend. I am willing to die to have a friend like that. I have never met someone like that before.

I kicked open cubicle by cubicle. He was not inside at all. The last cubicle had a toilet which was overflowing with water. At the corner of my eye, I could see a shoe sprawled on the floor.

That's Frank's shoe!

Without thinking, I ran towards the shoe, almost slipping on the slippery floor. I sprang back up only to get a horrifying sight.

There, I saw Frank lying face down on the floor. HIs arms were sprawled beside him at a weird angle, as though his bones are broken.I kneeled towards him and touched his neck to check for breathing. None, just like Gerard said. I grit my lips as I turnt Frank over. His face was already pale. His clothes were throughly wet, and I could even see his nipples through those shirt.