Status: Slow-ish updates. Sorry.

Untitled Memories.

- Who's There?

Elisa’s face became paler than usual as the blood drained from her cheeks. Amelia knew something was up.
“Elisa, please, talk to me!” she yelled in Elisa’s face, trying to get a response.

“THEY KILLED THEM!” Elisa screeched, “THEY ARE AFTER ME!”

“Who? Who’s after you? Who killed them?” Amelia was eager, sitting closer to Elisa so she wouldn’t miss a word. Was she being nosey or just concerned?

“T-hey… They did it.”

“Who? Who?” Amelia repeated.

Elisa’s feet became bloody and blistered. Her body ached all over, with the cold and the fact that it was deeply cut on her stomach and arms. The cold dug like knives into her chest, she just wanted to be warm and safe. Looking around she realised that the men had lost her, but she still wasn’t free. They’d find her somehow. They knew people who knew people, who knew Elisa and could easily find her whereabouts.

Elisa lay down beside an oak tree, hoping for a little bit of rest but not sleep. She lay there for a while before tears trickled down her face, she was alone, she was afraid and she needed help and fast.

There was some rustling of leaves near Elisa, maybe she wasn’t alone? But who would be around a forest at this time?

“Hello? Who’s there?” the woman asked shakily

“E-Elisa, my name’s Elisa.”

“What are you doing out here, dear?” she asked, shining the bright light of her torch onto Elisa’s face. “You look…” she shone the light to Elisa’s body, seeing that her clothes were missing and there were scratches and cuts all over her. The woman was horrified. “Dear, what happened to you?” she stood back, scared.

“They killed them. They are after me.”

The woman didn’t believe her, but she acted like she had. Giving Elisa her hand to help herself up, seemed like a generous thing to do.

“How haven’t you got clothes?”

“They took them from me,” Elisa replied quickly, without any hesitation.

Still, the woman didn’t believe her. A young girl like Elisa must be insane. She just must be. Right?