I Love the Way That She Breathes

The Surprise Visit

"Ronnie, people are threatening me. They leave notes on the door and by the mailbox. They tell me that they're gonna kill me if I don't give them you or drugs."

"Jesus, baby, I'm so fucking sorry. I never wanted you involved in this."

"Ronnie, I'm scared."

"Here's what you do, baby. Take all of my stuff, put it in a storage facility. Sell the apartment, and ask Nason if you can stay with him until you find a new apartment for us. Tell as little people as possible that you know me. If you meet them from this point on, don't even mention me."

"I miss you, baby."

"Norah, I miss you, too. I fucking love you so much, baby. Call Nason when we hang up, okay? And come with him next time he visits me, okay?"

I wiped the tears from my eyes, "Okay, baby."

"I love you, Norah Raine."

"I love you, Ronnie Radke."

We hung up and I dialed Nason.

"Nason's Abortion Agency. You make 'em, we scrape 'em. This is Nason, can I have your name and the date you conceived the spawn?"

I laughed, "Nason, you're disgusting."

He snorted, "Oh, hello Norah! What can I do for you?"

"Well, I just talked to Ronnie. And I've been getting death threats at the apartment. So, I need to ask a favor."

"Anything for you and Ron-dog."

"Can I possibly stay with you for a little while I find another apartment? I'm gonna sell this one."

"Sweetheart, you can move in if you want. I mean, there's a spare room that hasn't been claimed that is big enough for you and Ronnie."

"Nason, are you sure?"

"Yeah! It's right by my room."

"Only if you don't mind, Nason."

"Norah, I wouldn't offer if I minded. Plus, Sam would love another chick in the house."

I laughed, "Okay. But can I borrow you, your large vehicle and some of your friends to help me move?"

"Sure thing, princess! We haven't furnished this room yet, so if you want to just bring shit from your apartment, like your bed or whatever, you can."

"Nason, thank you so much."

"No problem! Do you wanna drive up soon and meet your new housemates? And see if you wanna move in?"

"When do you want me there?"

"You can come tomorrow if you want. I'm not busy."

"That works because I'm off of work."

"Alright, girl. See you then!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Nason, I'm here!"

"Oh! I'll come outside!"

I hung up and a few seconds later, Nason barreled outside. He looked around and saw me standing by my car. He grinned.

"Hello, gorgeous! Welcome to your new home!"

"Maybe," I laughed.

He nodded, "Maybe."

"So, who lives here, exactly?"

"I do, obviously. Sam, Scarlett, Sam's son, Derek, Jacky is here from London, and Oscar crashes here occasionally."

"And now me and Ronnie."

"Yes! And now you and Ron! The bedroom that I have for you two is pretty big. It's like a mini master bedroom. It has it's own bathroom and it's huge."

"That's great," I smiled.

"Let's go meet everyone and see the room. You're gonna hang out for a while, right?"

I nodded, making Nason smile, "Good. Let's go."

We walked in the front door and I saw a living room with white couches, a hardwood floor, a flat screen tv, with a DVD player, and an xbox on a cabinet that matched the floor. On the couches sat two boys with xbox controllers in their hands.  One had a headset while the other one was cursing under his breath. They both had black hair and black t shirts. The one with the headset was more lean than the other, and he had a bandana around his head like Synynster Gates wears.

"Derek and Jacky, stop playing for three seconds and turn around so I can introduce you to someone."

"We have two minutes left," the one without the headset said.

Nasty rolled his eyes and I laughed, shaking my head. A few minutes later, Jacky and Derek lost. The one with the bandana took the headset off and they both stood. Their eyes widened when they saw me.

"Jacky, Derek, this is Norah. Norah, that's Jacky and that's Derek."

I smiled and waved, "Hey guys."

Jacky smiled, "Ello, love."

I smiled at his accent, "I was born in England."

He raised his eyebrows, "Really?"

I nodded, "I was born in Essex."

He smiled, "How old were you when you left?"

"I was 6."

Jacky nodded, "That's awesome."

"It's nice to meet you, Norah," Derek said with a smile.

I returned the smile, "You, too."

"Do you guys know who she is?" Nason asked.

They both shook their heads.

"This is Ronnie's girlfriend."

Both pairs of eyes widened, "Oh."

"You're that Norah?" Derek asked.

I nodded, "Yep. Unless there is another one running around, that's me."

"Ronnie is right, you're fucking gorgeous."

I blushed at Jacky's comment, "Thank you. What else has he said?"

"He's so in love with you and he needs you in his life. Typical stuff."

I blushed again as the door opened, and two guys walked in. One was short with black, short hair and the other was a little taller with hair like Davey Havok.

"Whoa, who's the babe?" the shorter one asked.

"JP, Devin, this is Ronnie's girlfriend, Norah. Norah, this is JP, he works at a radio station, and Devin runs Bleeding Star Clothing."

I waved, "Nice to meet you guys."

They smiled and said the same.

"So, wanna see the room?" Nason asked.

I nodded, "Yes, please."

"Nasty, when are you leaving?"

Nason looked at JP with almost murderous eyes, "Dude!"

I looked at Nason curiously, "I thought you were free today."

Nason looked over at Jacky and Derek, who both nodded.

"I have a surprise for you, and I wasn't gonna tell you till after I showed you the room, but JP ruined it."

"So, just tell me after," I said, "It's fine."

He nodded and motioned for me to follow him.

"Wait. Jacky, come with us?"

I saw Jacky nod and follow us up a set of stairs. We walked to the left and Nason opened a set of white double doors. The room was white walls and a hardwood floor. There was a door on the right, which I assumed lead to the bathroom. On the left, a sliding glass door lead to a huge balcony.

"The balcony extends to my room as well," Nason explained.

I nodded, "I love it, Nason. Ronnie will, too."

He smiled, "He always liked this room. You can paint it if you want."

I smiled and gave him a hug, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"So, why am I here?" Jacky asked.

I stepped away from Nason, "I'm gonna tell her now."

Jacky smiled, "Oh."

Nason looked at me, "Do you have a change of clothes in your car?"

I nodded, confused, "Yeah but it's like dress pants and a blouse, for meetings at work."

Nason smiled, "Perfect."

"Why? Where are we going?"

The smile never left his face, "We're going to see Ronnie."

My jaw dropped and tears sprang into my eyes, "W-what? We a-are?!"

Nason nodded. Tears slid down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms around him again.

"Oh my god, thank you," I sobbed.

He held me close and let me cry.

"Don't you have to call and tell the prison that I'm coming?" I asked.

He smiled, "I did as soon as we hung up."

"You should go get ready," Jacky suggested with a smile.

I nodded and we all walked downstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Does Ronnie know I'm coming?"

Nason shook his head, "I asked them to keep you a surprise."

We pulled into a visitor's parking spot and got out. I had my ID in my pocket and nothing else. We walked into the prison and we were searched and ID'd and everything. We were then escorted into a room that resembled a high school cafeteria. They sat us down on one side of a square table that would fit four people.

"I'm going to get Mr. Radke now," he said, then turned and walked out the door.

Guards lined the walls with a few walking around in between the tables. I looked around and saw a few kids seeing their parents, which made me sad. Then I remembered I was going to be seeing Ronnie for the first time in almost 6 months. I took a deep breath, exhaling shakily.

"Nervous?" he asked.

I nodded.

Nason smiled, "Don't be. He looks great."

The door opened and the guard walked in, and then I saw Ronnie. He was looking around and spotted Nason. He saw me next to Nason and his eyes widened. I bit my lip to try and stop crying. The guard stopped Ronnie at our table and uncuffed him. Ronnie sat down and looked at the guard.

"One hour," the guard said, and walked away.

I wanted to say something but I couldn't think of what to say.

"Norah," Ronnie breathed out.

I smiled at hearing him say my name, tears spilling over and down my cheeks, "Hi Ronnie."

He smiled at me like he did when we first met, "I didn't know you were coming."

I shrugged, "You told me to call Nason yesterday, I did. I didn't know we were coming until today."

He smiled, "It's really good to see you, Norah. You look beautiful."

I blushed, "You look amazing, Ronnie. You look really healthy."

He smiled, "I haven't touched anything in nine months."

"I'm really proud of you, babe."

He smiled widely, "Thanks. So, are you staying with Nasty while you get a new apartment?"

I looked at Nason, who smirked, "Actually, babe..."

"Your lady is moving in with us until you get out, Ron-dog. You know that big room on the second floor that you love? It's yours, bro."

Ronnie's smile reached his eyes, "Seriously? That's fucking awesome! How are Jacky and Derek?"

As Nason started talking about the boys, I noticed Ronnie's hands were shaking.

"Babe, why are your hands shaking?" I asked.

He looked over at me, "I have a nerve disorder because of the drugs. But my hands are extra shaky today because I want to hold you so bad but I'll get in trouble."

I smiled, "Babe, you're gonna make me cry more."

He smiled softly, "Don't, I'm not worth anything."

Tears rolled down my cheeks, "Ronnie, you're everything."

He looked so happy, "Kiss me, please?"

I smirked, stood, leaned over the table and pressed my lips to his quick and hard. I felt him kissing back, his lips almost desperate.

"Dude, she didn't ask if you would get in trouble or anything!" Nason exclaimed as I sat back down.

Ronnie smirked, "I know, I love it."

Nason smirked back, "She's a ride or die chick. I want one!"

I looked at him, "Sam's not?"

Ronnie and Nason looked at each other and simultaneously said, "Ehhhh..."

I laughed, "Sorry Nason!"

Ronnie smirked, "But you can't have this one, she's mine forever."

I squealed and covered my mouth with my hand, "You haven't said that in almost two years."

He smiled, "I was on drugs, I didn't know a lot of things. I wasn't thinking of a lot of things. But now I am, and I know I want you for the rest of my life."

I grabbed his hand, not caring if we got in trouble. I kissed his knuckles, the palm of his hand, and his wrist.

"I need to get you on the list for a conjugal visit," Ronnie said.

I cocked my head to the left, "Why?"

He smirked seductively, "Because I need you in a lot of ways that aren't appropriate for here."

I grinned, "Sounds good."

A guard came up to us, "Nason Schoeffler?"

Nason looked up, "Yes?"

"I need to speak with you, please."

"Is everything okay?"

The guard nodded silently. Nason stood up and told me he'd meet me by the car. I looked over at Ronnie, who looked upset.

"What?" I asked.

He sighed, "This is really hard, Norah."

I laced our fingers together, "I know, baby. It's hard for me, too. But we're strong. This is just a bump in the road."

"Norah, I miss you so much, baby. It gets so difficult."

"Ronnie, you think I don't know it's hard? I have to sleep in that bed alone. I mean, granted I've been doing that, but now I know you're sober, and you're here."

"A big part of the reason that I want to get you on the list for a conjugal visit is so I can just hold you."

I sighed, "I don't know if putting me on the conjugal visit list is a good idea. I wanna save something for when you get out."

He looked into my eyes, "You're right."

I laced my fingers through his, "Its so good to see you, Ronnie. I'm really proud of you."

Ronnie grinned and kissed the back of my hand, then pressed his forehead to my hand.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded, his eyes still closed, "I've just never felt like I made you proud. I always want you to be proud of me, but even with all of the success of Escape the Fate, I never felt like you were because of the drugs. Like the drugs cancelled out the band's success."

I shook my head, "Ronnie, I've always been proud of you. When I told people that you're my boyfriend, I always felt a swell of pride in my chest. I mean, yeah, I was disappointed about the drugs, but I've always been proud of you."

He opened his eyes and rested our hands on the table, "I never want you to be disappointed in me again."

I smiled, "Stay off drugs and I will."

"Your time is up."

We looked up and saw two guards. Ronnie sighed and stood up. They handcuffed him and I stood up as a third guard came up to me.

"I love you," he said, watching me.

I smiled, "I love you, too."

"I'll call you," he said as the guards dragged him away.

The guard guided me through the maze back to the front, where Nason was standing. We walked out the door and toward his car.

"What did they want you for?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"Just something with my car, but it's all good," he said, putting his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded.

"You okay?"

I nodded again, "I will be."

We got in the car and rode back to the house, me thinking about Ronnie the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone is still reading this, sorry for the delay. I'm gonna try and post more stuff.