I Love the Way That She Breathes

The Decisions That Affect The Rest Of My Life

"Norah, I'm stoked about this band!" Sasha squealed as we drove to see some local band, "They're so talented, the lyrics are so well thought out."

I had no interest in seeing this band. But Sasha wanted to see them and she wanted to take me out for my birthday in two days. I looked at her, she would never say something like that..unless..

"Whats his name, Sasha?" I asked, glancing at her warily.

She giggled, "His name is Robert Ortiz, he has long curly black hair that looks like Slash's hair and he always wears aviators, which is totally stupid because his eyes are beautiful!  Anyway, he came into work and we were talking and it turns out he's the drummer for Escape the Fate. He told me to check out this show to hang out and he's gonna be there with Ronnie!"

My head snapped up at the mention of Ronnie's name.

"Ronnie? The singer of ETF Ronnie?" I asked.

She giggled, "Yeah! You could totally get with him!" she said.

I sighed, "Sasha, I don't know--"

"Okay fine, but don't write it off completely?" she asked, pulling into the club's parking lot.

I agreed, getting out of her Focus, smoothing out any wrinkles in my black mini skirt. I was wearing a blood red and black corset type shirt on the top and black ballet flats. My hair was straightened and my lip rings were also black. Sasha was dressed in a bright green halter top and black skinny jeans.

"You look adorable, by the way," she said as we walked into the venue.

I smiled, readjusting my purse on my shoulder, "Thanks."

We walked in and she immediately spotted Robert, "There he is!" she pointed to the bar, where he was sitting, talking to two girls, who were obviously fans. Sasha led me over to him as the girls trotted away. Robert looked up and saw Sasha and smirked.

"Hey sexy," he said, hugging her tightly and sitting her on his lap.

She smirked, "Hey Robert, this is my girl Norah, the one you said sounded perfect for Ronnie."

I was about to shake his hand when my jaw dropped, "You're setting me up!"

She giggled as I shook hands with Robert, "Well, yeah!"

I rolled my eyes, "Well, Miss Matchmaker, where is he?"

She shrugged, as did Robert. We were all sitting together, just talking when we heard a high pitched, nagging voice.

"Ronnie, what the hell?! You aren't paying any attention to me, you haven't been all night!"

I looked over to see Ronnie Radke walking toward us, a bleach blonde with bad roots following him.

He saw me standing there and smirked, "Krista, it's over."

She stomped her foot, "Why?!"

He looked at me again, "Because I want her," he motioned to me.

For a second, she glared at me murderously, then just started sobbing and ran out of the club. I was about to say something when he put his finger to his lips, his hand on the small of my back, and led me to another table.

"Now, what were you gonna say?" he asked.

I smiled, "She's not gonna come after me, is she?"

Ronnie scoffed, "Hell no. She'd probably be too scared to even say anything," he said.

I giggled, "That was certainly a good excuse," I said.

He smiled, "Sweetheart, that was no excuse. The only reason I got away with that is because while I was with her, I kept up the image as an asshole. I couldn't get away with that stunt that easily again."

I smirked, "I'd fight a bitch who stole my man like that. I don't go without a fight."

He smiled genuinely, "Thats exactly the kind of girl I'm looking for."

I smiled, "And how can you be so sure you want me? You don't even know my name."

He smiled again, "That doesn't matter. Whether it be lust or something more at this point I know I want you. But I would love to know your name."

I grinned, "I'm Norah."

"Norah, I'm Ronnie," he said.

I smiled, "I know who you are."

Ronnie smiled, "Well in that case, listen to no rumors."

I laughed, "If I had, would I be sitting here?"

He shrugged, chuckling as well, "Probably not. So, since you know who I am, what do you think of my voice? Before you say anything, just know I'm not asking because I'm a stuck up asshole, I'm asking because I want as many as opinions as I can get, and I'm open to constructive criticism."

I laughed, "Nice disclaimer."

His smile stretched across his lips again, something I was becoming very attached to, "Thanks," he said.

I blushed, "I've never heard your voice before," I admitted.

He raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Well, wanna come to my band practice tomorrow? I'm pretty sure your friend will be there."

I nodded, "That would be cool."

We exchanged phone numbers and sat in that booth, talking for the rest of the night.

Sasha had to drag me away.