I Love the Way That She Breathes

The Secrets That Will Destroy Us

"Dude, where's Norah?"

I looked up from pouring my shot to see Max watching me quizzically. I took the shot, then looked around.

I laughed, "I dunno, bro. I think she's in our room. I'll go get her."

I stood up and Sasha sat on the stool I had just abandoned. I walked up the stairs and down the hallway. I opened the door and saw Norah lying on our bed, looking spaced out.

"Baby," I said softly.

Her head shot up, and she smiled, "Hey."

I walked into the room, shutting the door behind me. I stood at the foot of our bed.

"Come party with us, babe," I said, smiling.

Butterflies filled my stomach when she smiled back at me, "Come lay with me, Ronnie."

I got onto the bed and lied on my stomach next to her as she was lying on her back. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pressed my lips to her cheek.

"You made me a girl, ya know that, right?"

She looked at me, startled, "What?"

"You smiled at me and I got butterflies," I admitted.

She giggled, and the butterflies swarmed again. I buried my face in her neck, brushing my lips against the tan skin. I heard her breath catch in her throat and she moaned lightly.

"You drive me crazy, Norah," I whispered.

She giggled and I felt her hand on the back of my head. I took my head from the crook of her neck and looked at her. She smiled at me again and kissed me.

"Why are you in here all alone?" I asked, kissing the tip of her nose, "Come party with us."

She shook her head, "I have work at five in the morning. I was just thinking."

I nuzzled my nose into hers, making her giggle quietly, "What were you thinkin' about, babe?"

She sighed, "I was just thinking about my life."

I smirked, "That's deep. I like that."

She laughed and slapped my shoulder playfully. I smiled and pressed our lips together briefly.

"Anyway!" she said and I laughed, "I mean, I'm barely eighteen, and you and I have only been together like three months. What if we break up? I don't think my parents will let me back in."

I frowned. This isn't good.

"Do you regret moving in with me?" I asked, brushing her bangs from her eyes.

She looked at me, "Honestly? No. Things weren't that great at my house before, and just awful after my dad found us. I needed to get out. You saved me, babe."

I just smiled at her, "I don't want to break up with you any time soon."

She kissed my cheek, "Good. I don't either."

I kissed her lips this time, and that soaring feeling returned. Someone knocked on our bedroom door.

"Ronald Joseph Radke!"

I pulled away and looked down to see Norah was amused at Max's greeting.

"What, Maxwell Scott Green?" I called back.

I felt Norah's lips brush against my neck and I smiled.

"You and Norah Raine Montgomery need to come party with us!"

"Sorry Maxwell Scott Green, but I have work at five," Norah said.

"And what about you, Radke?" Max called out.

"I don't like you," I said, kissing Norah's neck.

"Fine! Boring ass people!" he called out.

Norah laughed, "When she falls asleep, I'll come down, Max," I said.

He sighed, "Fine!" and stomped away.

I looked down at Norah, and she kissed the corner of my mouth.

"Go party with them, babe," she said quietly, "You don't have to stay with me if you don't want to."

I kissed her roughly, "I want to."

She giggled, "That's sweet, Ronnie."

We turned so she was on her side and i was behind her. She was playing with my fingers that were around her waist.

"I'm so glad you dumped that girl for me," she whispered.

I pressed my lips to her neck a few times.

"I have to admit something, Sasha showed me a picture of you a few days before and said she was gonna bring you to the show and I pretty much begged her to."

Norah giggled, "I'm glad you did. And I'm glad she brought me. You make me so happy, Ronnie. Happier than I've ever been. I'm so proud of you."

I was glad she couldn't see my face drop and I kissed her neck again.

"You make me happy, too, baby girl," I whispered, hugging her tighter against me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked down after about an hour and a half and saw Norah was fast asleep. I kissed her cheek and snuck out of bed quietly. I grabbed a small bag from my hood and snuck into the bathroom, shutting the door and turning on the light. I put the bag on the counter, hearing the pills rattle. I grabbed a razor from the drawer and took two Oxys out of the bag. I crushed the pills with the razor and cut them into a fine powder.

As I snorted them, I couldn't get Norah out of my mind. I felt tears coming to my eyes as the drugs burned my nostrils.

"Norah, I'm so sorry," I whispered, putting my head in my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short but I needed it out to continue this story!