Forgotten

Josh's story

ROBBIE'S POV.

Josh yelled and cans rained down from the cupboard. He sprinted from the room and I jumped up and ran after him.

"Robbie! LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!"

"What is it?"

"Darren, he found us," he was shaking as I pushed him onto the couch to sit down.

"Whats going on guys?" asked Frank as he came into the room with Gerard and Mikey.

"Nothing, everything's fine," I insisted but Josh was still panicking.

"He doesn't look fine, and he knocked everything out of the cupboard, what's going on?" asked Mikey.

"What scared you?" asked Gee. Josh was as white as a sheet, his hands trembled and his mouth was hanging slightly open. He shook his head.

Ray, Bob and Cassie came into the room.

"Whats going on? Who was yelling?" asked Ray.

"Nothing is going on, let's just go back and eat please!" I said but Josh shook his head, I saw his eyes fill with tears.

"Joshy what is it?" Josh's old nickname from when she first learned to talk, she still uses it if he's upset or anything like that.

"Cass, go upstairs, I'll tell you in a minute," his voice was shaking too.

"Everybody but the twins can I have a minute please," said Bob and everybody left the room.

"Josh what's wrong?"

"At the window. He was at the window."

"Who was at the window?"

"D...darren!" he started to cry and I rolled my eyes, Darren treated him the exact same as he treated me and I don't cry about it!

"It's OK, I'll go see if he's still there."

Bob left the room and I followed him, as did Josh, he walked over to a cupboard and pulled out a baseball bat and weighed it in his hands for a few seconds before taking it out and closing the cupboard. I gave him a strange look. He noticed.

"What?" he asked.

"What are you doing?"

"Seeing if this bat will do any damage if I smack him with it! We have two bats for some reason, one is heavier then the other and I needed to get the heavy one."

He walked over to the front door.

"Which window was he outside, I'm sure there was nothing there Josh..."

"Kitchen and he was there, He w..waved at m..me."

"Stay here," ordered Bob and he left the house, shutting the door behind him.

Josh and I waited a few tense minutes in the hallway before the door was flung open.

"Theres nothing there, at all, you can't even get by the kitchen window, it's full of bushes and stuff. Just forget it Josh I think you were seeing things."

"I wasn't! He was there! I know he was!" Josh insisted. I could see the fear on his face and hear it in his voice. What had Darren done to Josh?

"Josh, come in here a second, let me talk to you, Robbie do you want to come in too?" I shook my head and Bob took Josh into the lounge and shut the door.

JOSH'S POV.

"What did he do to you Josh?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"He hit me, thats all."

He looked at me, his blue eyes serious but still kind all the same.

"Josh, you can tell me anything. I know I haven't been the best Dad but all the same I'm your father and I care about you, what did he do? Tell me and it's over with."

I looked back into his eyes, tears burning at my own. I wanted to tell him so badly, every sick little thing that Darren ever did to me but I couldn't find the words.

"I can't. I can't find the words. I'm sorry." I looked away. He put a hand on each of my shoulders and I looked back up at him.

"I understand you don't trust me, I mean, you just met me but I want you to know that you can trust me OK?" I nodded and he let go of my shoulders.

"Can I call you Dad now?"

"Really?"

"Well I don't like calling you by your first name, it just feels rude..."

"Well if you want to then I don't mind. Is there a reason why you can't tell me what he did?"

I nodded.

"I never want to relive it. I sometimes have n..nightmares about it." I was crying again, I tried to pull myself but it was no good.

"Is that why you did what you did to your arm?"

"Arms," I corrected, holding out the other one sadly for him to see.

"Josh that's really serious. Promise me you wont do it again."

"I'll.. I'll t..try. N..no p..promises b..but I'll try."

"You know, that will leave scars, probably for the rest of your life. Every time you see them, you will think of him, you'll never get away from it. What did he do Josh?"

I whimpered and he looked sympathetically at me, more and more tears poured from my eyes as we just stood there staring at each other. I had to tell him, I had to tell someone.

"He...h..he r..raped me," I near whispered and broke down completely. I sobbed into my hands until I registered someones arms around me in a comforting hug. I wrapped my arms around them too and sobbed into their shoulder whilst they stroked my hair soothingly.

"Josh it will be OK, I promise."

"No it wont! I'm just messed up I..."

"You're not messed up. He is, he's a sick perverted bastard and if I ever meet him, I'll kill him with my bare hands. You'll be alright, do you feel better for telling someone?"

I nodded and let go of him, he let go of me and I wiped my running nose on my hand.

"Was it just once or...?"

"More then once. At least six times, maybe more." I looked at the floor, unable to look at him anymore.

"It will be OK, you can go to the police and they will put him away for a very long time. Don't worry, he can't get to you in here. I'm really sorry Josh." He looked at me solemnly, his face had become paler when I told him what Darren had done to me.

"It's not your fault. I don't want to talk about this anymore. And I don't want anyone else to know. Please don't tell anybody," I looked into his eyes and knew he wouldn't.

"I wont, let's go get some food before it's all gone."

We left the room and helped ourselves to food with the others. Nobody asked many questions which was good, but I was still uneasy.

I kept looking at the window, checking if he returned to where he had been before.

I was so sure I had seen him and I had, hadn't I?