Forgotten

Double Trouble

***** TWO DAYS LATER *****

ROBBIE'S POV.

Josh, Cassie and I were sat in the lounge watching some horror movie with Frank and Ray. It wasn't even scary and they were huddled up to each other, practically crying in fear.

I nudged Josh and pointed them out and he snorted with laughter.

"What?" asked Frank.

"Nothing," I smirked.

"This movie is kinda shit, it's so fake. Are you scared Josh?" I asked, a smirk on my face still.

"No, I'm not scared at all. Only a pussy would be scared of this, even a seven year old girl isn't even scared isn't that right Cassie?" he said, his face forming a smirk identical to mine.

"It's not scary, it's just ketchup."

"Oh ha ha you three, so funny, watch it or get out," said Frank, shooting Josh and I a death glare from across the room.

"I'm gone," I said, jumping up from the couch and going to find something else to do. It was only mid-day and it was damn boring in this house, the guys wont let us watch them practice and the basement is so soundproof we can't even overhear.

Bob even took away the copies of their CD's he gave us, saying he changed his mind and would rather we 'stayed out of it'. What a bitch.

"Sup little dude," came an unfamiliar voice from behind me as I walked into the kitchen with my back to the table. There were three unfamiliar guys sat at the table with Bob. I gave him a puzzled look and he nodded.

"Uhh.. Josh, meet Billie-Joe, Mike and Tre, they are Green Day if you didn't already know."

"OK, first off, dad I'm Robbie and yeah whatever, I don't really give a shit who you're buddies with, wont change anything." I shrugged and raided the fridge, I could feel their eyes on me.

"Dudes, stop staring at me, gay boys," I muttered, walking over to the cupboard and raiding it for anything good, there were skittles so it’s all good. I hadn't tried skittles before I came here but Frank put me onto them and damn are they good.

"Robbie, being a bit rude to your dad aren't you?" said the guy with black hair sat with a cigarette burning between his fingers.

"Look, I don't really give a shit who you are or what band you’re in or anything like that. To me you’re just like the rest of the fuckers that live here and to be quite honest with you I can’t wait until we go back to the home. I don't have a clue why my Mom would leave us with people like you. You're fucking irresponsible, all you care about is getting girls and..."

"Enough," said Bob, he sounded tired and ill, like he hadn't slept in a while.

"Fuck you old man." I turned on my heel and walked out of the room.

BOBS POV.

"You see guys! That’s exactly what I was on about!" I said once Robbie was gone.

"Bob, just one thing, shit he looks like you!" said Tre, grinning.

"And there’s two of them? totally identical? completely can't tell them apart? Shit man you're in double trouble!" he continued.

"No, there's three of them, the boys and Cassie." I held my head in my hands and mentally slapped myself, more like drop kicked myself, for being so fucking stupid.

"Well that dude had some problems," said Billie Joe, taking another drag of his cigarette.

"Robbie, he's the oldest, he's been like that with me since he got here."

"Have you bonded with any of them at all?" asked Mike.

"Kind of. Josh and I have had one serious conversation and I taught him some stuff on drums and he's really good considering he hadn't even been on a kit before. I've hardly really spoken to Cassie, she called me 'daddy' once or twice which I guess is a good thing. But now she calls me Bob again."

"Mmmm this is a weird one," said Billie Joe, leaning back in his chair.

"What did you say had happened to them before?" asked Mike.

"OK, they were in and out of care, had no money, and their moms boyfriend treated them like shit and even hit them and stuff like that."

"That is really fucked up man. No wonder they don't trust you! I mean, they probably feel really threatened right now, they're in an unfamiliar place, their Mom is dead, they got no choice but to go back to some shitty care home or stay here with a total stranger. Scratch that, with five men they don't know. They must be scared, especially the girl," said Tre.

"You know what Tre, that is about the most sensible thing I have heard you say the whole time I have known you."

"Uh... Dad?" came a twins voice from the doorway behind where Mike was sat.

"Yeah?"

"Could you… could you come out here for a second?" the guys all looked at me strangely and I got up and walked out of the room.

I walked out of the room to be met with a twin. The little buggers have been confusing me by wearing matching clothes and I couldn't tell who it was.

"What do you need?"

"Can I talk to you… like… in private… with nobody else there please?" he asked shyly, avoiding my eyes. I noticed he had very dark circles under his own eyes and he looked pale and ill, a lot like how I look since finding out about them. I haven't had a decent nights sleep, I just lay there feeling guilty.

"Sure, we can go in the basement if you want?" he nodded and opened the door, I followed him in and shut the door behind me. I flicked on the lights as he walked down the steps and I then followed him, I reached the bottom and he had sat on one of the chairs we have down here for god knows what reason.

"I just wanted to say... I'm sorry for the way Robbie has been behaving, he's being a total dick and I don't know why… he just… he just... he wont talk to me and he says all this stuff about you and the other guys and you've been nothing but nice to us and he just keeps on saying you're exactly like Darren and not to trust you," he said all in one breath.

"OK, slow down. I understand that you can't trust me yet, we've been through this, maybe he just feels a little insecure at the moment?"

"Why would he though?"

"Because he's used to being the stronger twin and now he isn't."

"What do you mean by that?"

"What I'm saying Josh is that, your brother is the exact opposite to you, yeah you’re identical but inside you couldn't be more different. Don't worry about him, to be honest he seems a little full of himself. I feel really horrible saying this," I sighed and sat down in another one of the chairs.

"No, I should feel bad, I brought it up. I'm sorry, I just needed someone to talk to and it's always been him and now I feel like I can't talk to him so I just bottle everything up and then I just end up.." he trailed off and I nodded.

"I understand. But I can tell this isn't what’s bugging you."

"What do you mean?" he asked, startled.

"I hear you at night Josh. When you have those dreams, I hear you yelling, I'm only in the next room, and you look like you haven't slept properly in a few days."

"Did I wake you up with it?"

"Yeah but it's alright. If you ever need anything just wake me up, I don't mind, I'm supposed to take care of you guys."

"This can't be easy for you."

"How'd you figure?"

"Well, if we were babies, it wouldn't matter because we wouldn't know but we're not. We're fully aware of everything that's going on, it's not easy with our m...mom either, you've just been landed with us out of the blue and now you have to provide for us and everything. I feel kinda bad about it, all the clothes and stuff you bought for us must have cost a lot..."

"It was nothing, really, seriously, nothing at all, forget it. Don't feel bad."

"You know we can go back to the home if you like, maybe we might get lucky and get another foster family. We had one once, but then they wanted to give Robbie and I back but adopt Cass, we made a huge deal out of it and then they decided they didn't want any of us. I cost my own sister a better life," he said bitterly, looking down at the ground and balling his hands into fists.

"Don't think like that, you need to get all of this out of your head right now, come and meet some friends of mine, one of them might be able to teach you some more drums." He looked up and grinned, he looks a hell of a lot like me when he smiles. Poor kid.

"You've heard of Green Day right?"

"Hell yes, I love them, they got an awesome drummer, do you know them personally?"

"I might do, come to the kitchen and see for yourself."

He ran up the stairs out of the basement and I followed him and then led the way into the kitchen where the Green Day guys were now stood over by one of the counters.

"Josh this is Green Day, Mike, Tre, Billie-Joe," I pointed to each of them in turn and they each showed some kind of greeting.

"So… uh... man I hate these kinds of silences you know?" I said awkwardly.

"Mmm, so how old are you kiddo?" asked Mike, turning to Josh who seemed startled that he was being addressed directly.

"Fifteen."

"Ah… so that… so... BOB! You dirty little bugger! TWELVE!!"

"Hey shut up man," the kids knew they were accidents but shoving it in their face was just not nice.

"It's OK, I know I was an accident," said Josh quietly.

"So… what kind of music you like?" asked Billie-Joe, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Uh… I don’t really know, I haven't heard much so I don't know what I like but I..."

"You haven't heard much music?" asked an astounded Tre.

"Not really but..."

"So you've never heard any MCR?"

"No but..."

"No nothing?"

"A little, not much."

"Any of our stuff?"

"Just two songs, American Idiot and Time of your life."

“That’s alright then,” he grinned.

“You play anything?”

“Uh…” Josh seemed pretty freaked out being spoken to so much by a complete stranger, and a complete stranger who happens to be pretty famous at that.

“A little guitar and I kinda sing a little…” he mumbled, trailing off and looking at the floor.

“And drums,” I finished for him, Tre looked up at me with a smirk on his face.

“How did I know Bryar, how did I know…”

“What?”

“Well, he looks shit like you, if he grew a few inches, a beard and some muscles he could be you, and now you teach him drums.”

“No he wanted to… he asked…. I just showed him… he had drumsticks OK, and he wanted to learn so, I let him have a go and discovered he’s pretty good.”

“OK, Tre stop tearing Bob apart, it’s just not nice, and the poor guy can’t even think of any comebacks…” said Billie Joe but I cut him off.

“Hey shut up Billie, I’m just tired is all.” I sat back down at the table and the guys all followed me. Josh kind of hovered, not knowing what to do whether to stay in here with us or go back to wherever Robbie and Cassie were.

“You know Josh, we don’t bite,” said Mike, noticing Josh’s awkwardness. He sat down across the table from me, between Tre and Billie Joe.

“Sooo…. Damn this is just plain weird,” said Tre.

“How so?” asked Josh.

“Well, just how much you and your brother look like your dad, you’re like little mini-Bobs and it’s pretty funny really.”

“Can I get my lip pierced?” asked Josh out of the blue.

“Nope.” I refused point blank.

“Why not?!”

“You’re a little young don’t you think?”

“No! I’m fifteen, I can take care of myself, and it looks cool.”

“This kid knows how to work adults, flattery is always the best way to get what you want,” said Billie-Joe with a knowing smile.

“Well, I’ll think about it OK?” Josh’s face lit up.

“Awesome, thanks Dad,” he smiled. The Green Day guys all smiled too, I think I am definitely ‘bonding’ with Josh more than Robbie or Cassie.

“So… hey I’ve got an idea, why don’t we show these kids some real music?” suggested Mike and Billie-Joe and Tre grinned.

“Like play live in the basement for them now?” I asked, catching on.

“That would be pretty awesome,” said Josh, I could hear the excitement in his voice.

“Alright, well you guys have all the shit here that any of us could need, lets do this,” Tre got up first and we all followed, we called the others from the lounge all except for Mikey and Robbie, I have no idea where they are. Everyone in the lounge said they would be down in about ten minutes once the movie they were watching finished.

“Hey go find your brother for me?” I asked Josh as the Green Day guys set up and picked out what they were going to play.

“Alright, and Mikey too?”

“If you could.”

He nodded and left the room.

This was going to be either really good or a complete disaster.

[A/N Sorry this has been a while, I have my mock exams next week and I have been frantically revising. The updates will be as regular as I can until the 1st December, then I will be back to normal. Sorry for the delay with this chapter and I hope the fact that it's double length will make up for it. Alex x.x.x.x.x

P.S Comments are the shizz and I love them very muchly, HUGE thanks to everyone that has commented and subscribed to this, you keep me writing, and I thank you for that.]