Forgotten

Friends?

BOBS POV.

Green Day played their short set and we followed them, only playing about six or seven songs but it was all that was needed. The kids were totally in awe, even Robbie said how awesome it was at the end.

"Hey how about you three play us something, we just played for you!" said Mikey, trying to persuade them.

"I dunno..." said Josh.

"Come on bro, let's give it a try," said Robbie but Cassie looked uneasy.

"I... I don't want to," said Cassie, her voice hardly above a whisper.

"Come on Cass," said Robbie, grabbing her hand and trying to pull her over to the mic. She wriggled and pulled her hand free then ran upstairs. I think she was crying.

"Hey smooth move, you upset her!" said Josh angrily.

"I didn't do anything!"

"Yes you did you tried to force her!"

"Boys stop fighting," I said, trying to get them to lay off each other a bit.

"Fuck you, Josh you're a knob I didn't do anything!"

"Yes you did! You know she doesn't like being forced to do something, you know shes really shy!"

"And who's fault is that?"

"What the hell?! How can you blame Cassie being shy ON ME! YOU BLAME EVERYTHING ON ME!"

"I DO NOT! SHUT UP!"

"WHY DON'T YOU MAKE ME!"

"WELL MAYBE I WILL!" I stepped forwards and grabbed Robbie right as he was about to punch Josh.

"Don't you ever, ever touch me again," said Robbie, his voice filled with pure venom. He stormed up the stairs and out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"Dude he has some issues," said Tre, sinking into one of the seats.

"I know, he always has had but he takes them out on me," said Josh, sitting on top of one of the amps and letting his head fall into his hands.

"Do you think Cassie is OK?" I asked and Josh shrugged.

"Be right back," I said before leaving the room. Robbie was nowhere to be found, I think he went out somewhere so I headed up to my room to find Cassie.

I knocked the door softly.

"Cassie, are you OK?" I asked through the door and a few moments later she opened it, her face tear stained.

"Aww it's OK sweetie," I said, unsure if I should hug her or not. I awkwardly patted the top of her head but then she wrapped her arms around my waist so I hugged her back as best I could and then picked her up so she was my size and much easier to hug.

"He always does that," she said between sobs into my shoulder.

"Tries to force you to sing?"

She nodded and I hugged her tighter.

"It's not his place to do that, I'll talk to him later," I put her down and she looked up at me.

"I miss Mommy," she said as more tears poured down her face.

"I know Cass, I know," I hugged her again and really hoped that she would be OK.

ROBBIE'S POV.

What a complete and total twat I thought to myself as I slammed the front door behind me and walked down the street, not even sure or where I was or where I was going.

I walked for about twenty minutes until I found a kids park. There were some kids in it that looked far too old to be in the playground, but they weren't playing, they were just sat around smoking and talking.

Damn it why have I never had any friends? I thought to myself as I walked past the park, not saying anything to them as they did look as if it would be better not to cross them.

Well I've always had Josh, he was my best friend for years, he still is, he's just a dick sometimes and he doesn't see it.

"Hey dude! wait up!" called a female voice from behind me. I looked around, were they even talking to me?

I saw the kids from the park walking along the path towards me, I stopped and waited and a really, really hot girl with purple hair approached me first.

"Whats your name dude? You new in town?"

"Uh... yeah I just moved here from Chicago, I'm Robbie."

"I'm Taylor," she smiled and held out her hand, I shook it and she looked at her friends once I had let go.

"You look cold," she stated, taking in that I was only in my t-shirt and jeans and shivering slightly.

"I am, I left in a bit of a rush."

"How come?"

"It's complicated," I said and she looked at me sympathetically.

"Family stuff?" I simply nodded.

"Dude that sucks. Wanna hang with us for a while?" she asked, gesturing to her friends who nodded.

"Uh sure, if you don't mind..." damn it why was I being so shy? Josh is the shy one.

"No of course not, what school do you go to by the way?"

"I don't. I just got here a few days ago and might not be staying long."

"You should stick around, it's not bad here," said one of the others in the group. There was four in all, Taylor, a girl with blond hair with blue streaks in it, a guy with an eyebrow bar and a long black fringe and a normal looking guy dressed like me but with brown hair.

"My father probably wouldn't let me," I said bitterly. Do I tell them who he is?

"You know... you look kinda familiar, have you ever been on TV or something?" asked the girl with the blue streaks in her hair.

"No, no never, you don't know me from anywhere," I said maybe a little too hastily. They just nodded.

"What music do you like then?" asked the guy with the black fringe.

"I don't really know... Green Day... Paramore... My Chemical Romance..."

The girls let out loud squeals and each took one of my arms and started to walk me back to the park.

"Robbie, you are definitely one of us," said Taylor, grinning. I smiled back and just wondered where this was leading.

JOSH'S POV.

"Fuck," I muttered as I dropped a drumstick again. I picked it up and started to play again, making up a whole new beat and then putting as many fills in and using as many of the drums as I could.

"Your a natural," came a voice from the top of the stairs when I had stopped playing.

Tre emerged from the stairs and walked over to me.

"But your a legend, earlier on, that was just amazing..." I trailed off, afraid of sounding like a crazed fan or something.

"I'll teach you something I think you would like," he said, pulling his i-pod out of his pocket and flipping through the songs, eventually putting on something they had played earlier.

"Basket case?" I asked, reading the title off the small screen. He nodded and turned the volume to full so we could hear it properly without putting the headphones in our ears.

"You think I'll be able to play that?" I asked in shock and he nodded.

"You definitely have your Dad's talent, you could be better then him in no time at all and he's an exceptionally good drummer. You just have it, it's a gift and you've got it and got plenty of it," he explained and I couldn't help but smile, I've finally found something I enjoy that I'm also good at.

"Show me how to do it," I asked and he took the stick and we changed places...

Half an hour later I was out of breath and sweaty but I had the whole song down and Tre seemed astounded.

"Stay right there, I'm just going to get your Dad," he ran from the room and returned a moment later with dad in tow.

"Let it rip Josh," grinned Tre and I gave a count of 4 with the drumsticks and then started to drum basket case just as Tre had taught me, including the entry fill. Once I was done with the song I threw the sticks to the side, I had little blisters on my hands from how I was been holding them.

"That was just... wow."

"It wasn't that great, I messed up a bit in the middle," I said, shaking my head and getting up from the drums.

"You learned it in half an hour! You're a fucking amazing drummer excuse the French," said Dad and I smiled a little.

"I'll miss it when I go back to the home..." I thought out loud and I looked up at them, both had a knowing smile on their face.

ROBBIE'S POV.

"Want one dude?" asked Davey, pulling out a packet of cigarettes. I had learned that Davey was the guy with the eyebrow bar and black fringe, Blue was the Blond girl but it was just her nickname, I never heard her real name and the last guy was called Jake.

"Uh...." I looked at the pack and then around the group. The only person who wasn't holding one was Taylor.

"You don't smoke do you kid?" asked Blue and I shook my head.

"It's alright, me neither," said Taylor smiling at me, her brown eyes shining. I smiled back, glad I wasn't the odd one out. Damn she was beautiful; her eyes, her hair, everything about her was so perfect and her lips were just begging to be kissed. Actually thats a thought... I haven't even had a first kiss yet. Oh shit...

"Robbie? Hello?" asked Taylor, waving her hand in front of my face and I snapped out of my trance.

"Yeah sorry, I spaced out, what were you saying?"

"I was saying tell me about yourself, all the others are leaving now so I figured me and you could chill for a while?" I swallowed hard and the thought of being left alone with this stunning girl, in the park, as it started to get dark around us.

"Oh yeah sure, bye guys," I said and the others said their goodbyes and left, Blue hugged me and the guys just said goodbye and hoped to see me round. I had been hanging out with them for a few hours now.

"Should we go and sit down?" asked Taylor.

"Yeah and It's kinda cold over here," I said, shuddering again as a light evening breeze passed through the park. We walked over to a bench in the corner and I sat down and kicked my feet up so there was no room for her and then stuck my tongue out. She mock pouted and tried to wrench my legs off with no luck so she sat on them.

"Ow! Get off!!" I said as she wriggled around. I bent my knees and she fell right onto me, giggling madly and pushing me down so I was laying fully flat on the bench, her face only inches from mine.

"I... uh... sorry," I said awkwardly but she brought up her hand and placed a finger over my lips to stop me speaking, then removed it a few seconds later and inched her face towards mine, not breaking the eye contact.

Our lips just touched, just a simple peck but I felt this huge spark of something I had never felt before. It was over way too quickly and before I knew it she was off of me and sat next to me on the bench.

"I'm sorry Robbie I just.... impulse I guess," she explained, smiling slightly.

"Yeah.. it's cool," no way is she knowing that was my first kiss.

"So tell me about yourself?" she asked, leaning back and pushing her amazing hair out of her face.

"Uh.. I'm fifteen, I have an identical twin brother and a little sister. I play a little guitar and sing a little and I've lived in Illinois, Chicago all my life until a few days ago when I had to come out here and thats about it really, I'm nothing special."

"You have a twin? thats soo cool! And how come you suddenly moved out here all of a sudden?"

Should I tell her? I trusted my instinct and told her some of it but left out who my father was just in case she freaked out.

"Well, my Mom died and my dad lives here so we got moved to stay with him."

"I'm so sorry, really I am, I shouldn't have asked I just..."

"It's okay, she was never a great Mom anyway to be honest," I said truthfully.

"In what way?"

"Well she didn't have much money, had me and my brother when she was fourteen, had a physco boyfriend from hell who used to hit us all the time and she ended up killing herself so... don't be sorry, I never really knew her."

"Sounds like you've had a pretty rough time," she said, looking at me sadly.

"Don't feel sorry for me! It's just the way things have been I guess, but they should get better now."

"Whats your dad like?"

"Well, I don't really get along with him that well and I walked out of the house after telling him to fuck off. I only met him a few days ago too. Anyway, enough about my fucked up childhood, tell me about you."

"Well I'm fifteen, I've lived in New Jersey all my life and My Chemical Romance are my favourite band. They helped get me through my depression when my... my f..family d..died." Tears started to flow down her cheeks and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders comfortingly I hoped.

"They were in a c..car c..crash when I was t..ten," she said, sobbing into her hands now.

"Hey, don't cry, come on Taylor," she looked up at me and placed a hand on the back of my neck. I could see an emotion in her eyes, something I've never seen before from anybody looking at me.

"You're such a great person Robbie," she said softly and the gap between our lips slowly evaporated once again...