Forgotten

Just Sleep.

MIKEY'S POV

"Cassie?" I asked, walking down the hallway in the opposite direction to the bathroom. I heard q petrified squeak and frantic scrabbling coming from one of the bedrooms. I pushed open the door I thought the sound had come from and entered the room.

It was a bedroom with three beds, a bunk bed pair and a smaller single bed. I heard a whimper from under the quivering lump of blankets in the single bed.

"Cassie?" I asked again and the lump stopped quivering and all sounds stopped.

"It's me, Mikey," I said softly, slowly approaching the bed. I sat on the edge of it, careful not to squish any part of her. I pulled the blankets off her gently, revealing the small girl curled into a ball, crying and shaking.

"It's OK sweetie," I said, puling her into a comforting hug. He sobbed into my chest and was shaking worse now than before.

"Calm down, it's all going to be alright. Are you hurt?" I asked, stroking her long blond hair soothingly.

She shook her head and I felt a slight relief. At least that sick piece of shit didn't hurt her too

"Wheres Daddy?" she whimpered, still clinging to the front of my shirt and crying into my chest.

"He's here, you want to go and see him? I know he's very worried about you," she nodded and I stood up, picking her up as I got to my feet so she wouldn't have to walk anywhere or let go of me. I don't think she was capable of letting go of me, she was absolutely terrified.

I got out of the house with her and Bob sprinted over from where he had been stood talking to a police officer.

"Cassie! Oh my god, are you alright?" he cried, taking her petrified form from my arms and holding her in his own.

"Daddy I'm scared," she whimpered, hugging him tightly as he hugged her back.

"I know sweetie, I got you, just calm down for me OK?" She nodded and lowered herself down so her feet were on the floor. She was tiny compared to Bob. Looking at her it was hard to believe she was seven years old.

"Josh hitted Darren with a big pot," she said, clutching Bob still.

"A saucepan?" I asked.

She nodded and Bobs eyes widened.

"Hello there little sweetie, come with me OK?" said the fair-haired officer who had come to the house to speak to Bob.

"We just need to ask her a few things, you can come too if you like," he said, seeing the alarmed look on Bobs face. He nodded and the two of them followed the officer over to the police car, Cassie clinging onto any part of Bob she could reach and looking dazed.

I followed them over to the car and tried to keep Bob distracted so he wouldn't notice the paramedics bringing out the boys. They first stretchered out one, he was shirtless and his face was bloody as well as his chest from what I could see. Bob had his back to the house and didn't notice. I think the police officer was trying to keep it that way too, to avoid upsetting Cassie any more.

One of the three paramedics that had come out with the twin on the stretcher went back into the house and returned a few moments later with another paramedic and the other twin who was walking, supported by the two paramedics and looking as if he was struggling with walking.

"Dad?" he asked once he had got outside, loud enough for Bob to hear. He turned around and ran over to the twin who was leaning heavily on the two paramedics, his face pale and a trickle of blood running down from his head.

"Robbie?" asked Bob once he had gotten closer to him. The twin gave a half smile and Bob hugged him tightly, Robbie hugging back as best he could without falling over.

"Fuck!" gasped Robbie, his face screwing up in pain and Bob letting go of him immediately.

"Robbie!" cried Taylor, jumping out of the police car and sprinting over to him. She looked as if she wanted to just fling her arms around him but the paramedics were ordering her and Bob away as they led Robbie to the ambulance.

"T-taylor?" asked Robbie, blinking hard and looking at her again.

"I'm here," she smiled.

"Don't go away," he asked weakly, his eyes slipping shut.

"Right you really have to move," said one of the paramedics. The other said something briefly to Bob who went very pale and climbed into the ambulance with them which then sped away, sirens blaring loudly.

Taylor was left stood staring into space, exactly where she had been stood when the paramedics practically dragged Robbie away from her. Cassie was stood at my side, clinging to my hand tightly, I walked over to Taylor, Cassie coming with me.

"He'll be OK," I assured her, she just continued to stare blankly into space.

"M-mikey?" she asked hesitantly, she was very, very shy.

"Yeah?"

"I had no idea. I didn't know who he was. We're kinda... goin' out but I never knew... I thought he looked like Bob but then I thought I was just lucky to get such a close lookalike of somebody who's done so much for me. You've all done so much for me."

"Well nobody knows about Bob having children yet. I mean, Robbie wasn't allowed to tell you but he only did because it was in exceptional circumstances..."

"But now I don't know what to do! I mean... I've only known him for under a week!"

"Yeah but... he's never had a relationship, he's never even had a real family, parents, friends, any of this. He's not a normal kid and that's not just because he happens to be Bob Bryar's son. If he cares about you and you care about him, you wont let it stand it your way."

"I see why they say your the spiritual adviser of the band now," she said with a slight smile.

"Yeah," I smiled back.

"You three, come on, we'll drive you to the hospital," offered the police officer.

We all got back into the squad car and the two officers drove us to the hospital, we found Bob in the waiting room, looking as close to tears as I've ever seen him.

Cassie immediately jumped up and sat on his lap, resting her head back against his chest and starting to cry again. He held her tightly and tried to calm her down but it was absolutely no use, she was completely distraught.

I sat down next to Bob on one of the cold, hard, typical hospital waiting room chairs and forty tense minutes later we got some news.

"Mr. Bryar? Robbie wants to see you," said a young nurse who had tentatively approached us.

Bob lifted Cassie off his lap and jumped to his feet, Cassie had to jog to keep up with him as they disappeared down one of the endless looking corridors which branched out from the waiting area, led by the nurse.

"He will be OK right?" asked Taylor quietly.

"I'm sure he's fine."

"But what about Josh too?"

"He'll be just fine too, I'm sure they will be alright Taylor, really, they've been through a lot," I explained sadly.

"I should have told you faster. I shouldn't have messed around on the phone asking Robbie if he was kidding around or not," she said bitterly, staring at her shoes.

"Taylor, if you hadn't told us, we wouldn't have known, don't feel bad, you did everything you could," I said. We fell into silence until about five minutes later I saw Cassie walking back down the corridor towards us.

"Robbie wants to talk to you," she said brightly, obviously relieved to have seen her brother awake and talking.

"Me? Or both of us?" I asked.

"Come," she said, taking one of my hands and one of Taylor's. She led us down the winding corridors. I was sure she had gotten us lost.

"Cassie are you sure you know where we're going?" I asked, Taylor caught my eye and smirked.

"Yes. I know," her face screwed up in concentration as she tried to remember the way to her brothers room.

She led us around a corner, up a flight of stairs and then stopped at a door and knocked.

"Come in," came Bob's voice. We all entered the room, Cassie still pulling Taylor and I by our hands.

Cassie dropped our hands and ran over to her brother who was sat up in a bed, a bandage around his head and an IV in his hand. Bob was sat in a chair at his bedside.

"Robbie I'm sorry," said Taylor, not looking at him.

"For what?" he asked confusedly.

"For not believing you," she said, still not looking at him.

"It's OK, don't feel bad about it, I understand why you didn't believe me," he said honestly, she looked up at him and smiled.

"How do you feel?" she asked, moving closer to his bed and sitting down in a chair next to his bed on the opposite side to where Bob and Cassie were sat.

"Fine," he said. "I don't understand why I feel so great actually," he trailed off. We all smirked except Cassie who was too young and didn't get it.

"You've got a morphine drip in your hand," said Bob laughing slightly.

"Whats it do?"

"Basically stop you feeling any pain," I explained, sitting in the last chair.

"Oh. Well that would be why. My head feels sort of weird and I feel really sleepy, but thats about it," he said, sinking lower and lower into his bed.

"Are you sure your alright?" asked Bob, his face filled with concern and care for his oldest son.

"Really, I don't remember anything of what happened but they told me that I will do, in time."

"Yeah well don't worry. I'll sort something out for you, you can come on tour with us or something, I promise I'll never leave you again."

"Mmm OK," said Robbie sleepily, closing his eyes.

"Hey no sleeping, the doctor said you have a concussion, you have to stay awake," said Bob and Robbie groaned.

"But I'm tired!"

"You can sleep once they come back and tell you that its OK to."

"Taylor you want to call somebody? I mean your parents must be worried about you, you've been gone for a long time," I said and she looked horrified.

"Shit! I forgot!" she gasped, fumbling in her pocket for her cell phone. She made a quick call and then hung up the phone.

"I'm gonna have to go, my Mom went kind of crazy on me... I'll see you around sometime Robbie," she said sadly, taking Robbie's hand for a moment and then saying goodbye to Bob, Cassie and I before turning to leave the room.

"Taylor, wait," said Robbie weakly, reaching his hand up again. She walked back over to the bed and took it in her own.

"Come closer, I don't want them to know," he said with a slight smirk, she leaned her ear closer to his lips and he whispered something to her before kissing her cheek softly. She turned and gave him a quick peck on the lips, a small smile and then she was gone.

"Robbie got a girlfriend!" cried Cassie once Taylor had shut the door behind herself as she left.

We all laughed and she smiled to herself.

"So you've known her for how long?" asked Bob.

"Urm... about... four days?" said Robbie awkwardly.

"Well... I'm not going to put a stop to it but just... don't rush into things. She seems nice though," said Bob.

"She is nice," said Robbie, closing his eyes again.

"I like her hair, it's coloury!" said Cassie and she smiled.

"It's colourfull Cass, but good try," said Bob with a smile. Damn he is going to be such a good Dad to these kids.

Robbie sat bolt upright suddenly, his face paling and a look of terror appearing.

"What? Are you alright?" asked Bob quickly.

"Wheres Josh?" asked Robbie frantically.

"He's going to be fine Robbie, don't worry," said Bob. Robbie slowly lowered himself back against his pillows again.

A few minutes later a doctor came in and explained that Robbie would be OK to go to sleep, his concussion was not severe enough to do any further harm or to stop him from waking up.

"We've put the other twin," he checked his clipboard, "Josh, in the room next door, you can go and see him if you like, but only one at a time."

"Is he alright?" asked Bob.

"He will make a full recovery. He's very upset, he's had a horrible ordeal," said the doctor, shaking his head sadly.

The doctor left the room and Robbie was asleep within seconds. Bob went to see Josh and came back pale and shaky.

"Bob? Is he alright?" I asked quietly. Cassie was busy talking to a sleeping Robbie, not seeming to care he wasn't answering anything she said to him, she just babbled on. It was quite sweet to watch really.

"No. He's not. This is all my fault," said Bob. He looked at Robbie asleep in the bed, his eyes, already full of tears, let his tears fall and he wiped them away hurriedly.

"It's not your fault Bob," I said softly so I didn't wake Robbie.

"Yes Mikey, it is," he left the room and closed the door quietly behind him.

How can he blame himself for this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry It's been a while. I had a bit of writers block, but don't worry, updates will become more frequent. Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming!