Forgotten

Life.

ROBBIE'S POV.

"LOOK! I swear thats him!" I said frantically to my identical twin brother, pointing at a cutting from a magazine I had stolen from the corner shop.

"I dunno Robbie, he doesn't really," said Josh, trying to convince me otherwise.

"Well mom said she'll be back for us in a couple days so it wont matter then I guess." I sighed and picked at my ragged jeans, they were so ripped they practically hung off my legs.

Mom had dropped us off at the care home about a month ago and promised to come and pick us up. She said two weeks but she always did stuff like that, forget us, we aren't important. Our whole lives we've been in and out of care, in various foster families and children's homes but we would never settle, Mom would keep us on the move to get more 'work'. Shes a stripper and a hooker, but that doesn't surprise me I mean she had Josh and I when she was just fourteen.

We have a little sister too, Cassie, she's always sick so shes very small for her age. She's seven and Josh and I are fifteen, no dad, he's never been around and mom wont even talk about him so we've given up asking questions.

"Robbie how much food do we have left?" asked Josh, stroking Cassie's long blond hair as she slept.

"Enough til' morning, I'll steal some more at breakfast. We need to make sure Cassie gets enough I think she's getting sick again," I sighed and started to stroke her hair gently too.

This care home was shit. To say the very least it was shit. We didn't get enough food, there wasn't enough beds and it was really cold in here. Josh and I had given up all our blankets and extra clothes to Cassie and had to share a single bunk with only one blanket since we'd been here but it didn't matter to us, so long as Cass was OK.

We even had to share showers sometimes when we were living with mom. We would just go back to back as fast as we can and agree not to look at anything, we did it to save money on the hot water bill. Money has always been tight. None of us has ever had anything good to call our own.

Between the three of us we only had a few days worth of clothes each and the guitars our grandpa gave us before he died. We each have a beat up acoustic guitar, Cassie's is three quarter size, and we hope to all three of us start a band someday. Josh and I are fair singers when were in the mood and we love to listen to songs off the radio and learn them by ear. Josh has a pair of drumsticks too and have no idea where he got them from. Cassie can sing. Oh man can she sing, she never wants to but when she does she has so much power and her voice is so incredible.

I felt like playing now but Cass was sleeping and it would have been rude to disturb her.

"I'm just goin' to brush my teeth them I'm goin' to sleep okay bro?"

"Yeah I think I'll join you on that one," he agreed and carefully got up off the bed that Cassie was sleeping in. We tiptoed down to the bathroom and brushed our teeth in silence. Josh walked out of the room before me, clapping me on the shoulder before he went and I was left to think for a few minutes.

I put my toothbrush back and looked in the mirror. I sighed at the boy who I was met with. Short for my age, skinny as a rail, a fifteen year old boy with no dad, no money and no life. I gazed hard into my reflections bright blue eyes and he gazed back into mine. I yawned and pushed my fringe back out of my eyes, I hate my blond hair, it never hangs right... I need straighteners or something but they are expensive and none of us has any money.

I sighed and walked out of the bathroom, almost walking right into Kevin as I left.

"What were you doing in there fag boy?" he sneered. Kevin hates Josh and I, he says we're emo fags and should die.

"Nothing Kevin, just brushing my teeth is all, Goodnight," I said pleasantly, always treat people as you wish to be treated.

"Get back here Phillips I'm not through with you." He grabbed me and pinned me to the wall, holding me there by the front my beat up old plain black t shirt.

"I haven't given you your present this week yet," he said with a nasty grin.

"No, It's OK, you can keep it, really," I said, half pleading and half trying to keep the fear out of my voice.

"No, you can have it," he said and smiled, bringing his fist up to make contact with my face, hard.

"Thank you Kevin, goodnight," I said through gritted teeth as I clutched at my eye and staggered back down the corridor towards our room.

When I got in Josh jumped up from the bed, looking really concerned.

"Kevin?" he said simply and I nodded.

"I'm sorry bro, it should have been me this week. Come on lets go to bed I'm so tired and cold," he was actually shivering so we crawled into the single bed together and wrapped ourselves tightly in the single thin blanket, huddled close to share what little body warmth we had.

As I started to drift off to sleep I thought about what I had seen today in that magazine I just had to steal from the corner shop. That man in the picture, he looked just like Josh and I only older, bigger, with much more muscle and with a beard-ish thing. I wondered who he was as I drifted off into an uneasy sleep.

***************FOUR HOURS LATER***************

"Robbie! Rob wake up! They think they found dad!!" said Josh as he shook me awake.

I blinked the sleep from my eyes and saw Cassie sat up in her bed on the other side of our tiny room. I waved and smiled and she returned it. She didn't talk, at all, not one word ever to anyone, she was so shy it was ridiculous but she was really beautiful. She looked just like mom but with Blue eyes and blond hair, the cutest little face ever and a few faint freckles on her pale skin.

I noticed Ben, our social worker was also in the room. He was about 25 and really safe to us, he knew we had been through a lot of shit.

"Sup dude," I said, raising a fist for him to punch in greeting which he did and smiled.

"Not much little dude. Okay anyway, we think we may have tracked down your dad, he's in New Jersey and we actually spoke to him over the phone a little bit and he said you can come down there and see him for a few days if you would want to?"

Josh and I looked at each other and nodded.

"But, theres something else I have to tell you three that I really didn't want to have to do, it's about your mother."

"What about mom?" I said, worried instantly.

"Shes passed away," said Ben sadly, looking between the three of us. I just let the emotions wash over me as his words replayed in my head a million times.

"Mommy's gone?" said this soft little female voice.

"Cass? Did you just speak?" Josh said, shocked and she nodded proudly.

"Yes Cassie sweetie, mommy's gone, but we're going to see daddy now OK?" said Ben softly. He loved Cass he really did, he was like the father we never had to all of but he had a really soft spot for her.

"I has gots a daddy?" she said, sounding surprised, she had always been told that dad was dead. Mom told us whenever we asked that he was dead and she hadn't seen him in a long time. None of us reacted much when she told us that story though, we never knew him, we never even met him so it didn't bother us at all.

"So are you guys sure you want to go and see him? He said he understands if you don't, to be honest with you he didn't even know any of you existed until today, your mom left right after he got her pregnant and he was never told."

"So we all have the same dad? I mean, Cass has the same dad as us?" asked Josh.

"Yes. They met up eight years after you were born and well... you know... but she never told him you guys existed."

"How could she do that to us?" I said, suddenly angry.

"I don't know, I guess she thought it would be best for you guys to never know the truth."

"Alright, when are we going down there?"

"Whenever you want," said Ben, looking from me to Josh and then back again.

"I really want to get out of here," said Josh and Cassie nodded.

"Alright, let's go now if that will be OK with our dad?"

"He said whenever you guys want so this will be fine."

"I still don't understand why all this has happened. Mom was so short of money, if she had told dad then he could have taken us off her hands, why did she not do that?"

"Well, a few years ago something happened to your dad which meant he would be unable to look after you guys full time. He still can't now, your just going to meet him and stay with him for a week or so until we have to bring you back here."

"What happened to him? Why can't he look after us?" I demanded but Ben shook his head.

"Come on, I have the minivan outside, you can ask him when you get there now get your things we're leaving right now."

We grabbed all of our stuff and believe me there wasn't much of it and all climbed into Ben's beat up old minivan. The drive was quite long and Josh fell asleep with his head on my shoulder and Cassie fell asleep holding my hand. I couldn't sleep, I was too busy thinking who my dad was and why we were all forgotten for so long.

[A/N This chapter is dedicated to Cam for being the AWESOMENESS! Anyone who reads this please comment and let me know if I should continue? thanks guys, Alex xxx]