Forgotten

Two in one.

JOSH'S POV.

"GET OUT!" I roared, slamming the door on Dad as he had knocked after I had hit my head the first time. I was breathing hard and I slammed my head into the wall again as hard as I could. I had to get him out of my head. Darren. I was seeing him everywhere.

"Josh! What the hell?" Dad had come into the room, grabbed me round the waist and wrenched me away from the wall so I couldn't hit my head again.

"Please, put me down," my feet were dangling uselessly above the floor and he was holding onto me almost painfully tightly. Everything my mind and body were doing I wasn't telling them to do, it was like I had lost control completely. I could just watch everything happening.

"Not until you tell me what the hell you're playing at!"

"He's in my head."

No he's not Josh, he's right here... I'm just outside, come and play Josh.

"GET OUT!" I fought his grip and wriggled as much as I could, he dropped me and I scrambled over to the wall, hitting my head again with a loud thud.

"Stop it!" he sounded really scared. He grabbed me and held onto me again, tighter this time so I had no chance of getting away.

"What's going on?" he asked. I let my whole body go limp in his arms and let out a shaky breath.

"Darren is in my head. I can see him, I can hear him, he wont leave me alone."

Now what did I say about telling people?"

"No... no stop! Shut up! SHUT UP!"

"Josh calm down!" He let my feet touch the floor and took me downstairs, mostly dragging me as I was not co-operating in the slightest.

Instead of leading me into the kitchen or the lounge, he dragged me to the room where he kept his drum kit and let go of me completely, closing the only door and standing in front of it so I had no way to get out.

"You have to tell me what's going on," he said, a forced calm in his voice.

"I can see... I can see him, I can hear him in my h-head."

"Josh Darren isn't here. He can't get you in here, I promised I'd never let him lay a finger on you again and I intend on keeping that promise."

"But you can't stop him! He's here! All the time he's here! I can tell!"

"Nobody is here. Why were you hitting your head on the wall?"

"He told me to."

He let out a sigh and looked at me carefully, especially in my eyes.

"I think you need to see a doctor," he said softly.

"I'm fine! I'm not sick! Look at me! I'm fine!"

"I meant like... a psychiatrist. What he did to you is messing with your head, and theres nothing I can say or do to help it stop."

"I'M NOT CRAZY!" I yelled at the top of my voice.

"Stay in here and calm down. I need to think this out and if I hear you hit your head just once, I will tie you to a chair, you got that?"

I nodded fearfully because I knew by the look on his face that he would carry out the threat.

Josh... come out, Mommy's not here right now. Come and play with me.

"Shut up," I muttered, hitting my forehead with my hand.

"Nobody said anything Josh," Dad had gone very white, he looked panicked.

Yes they did, I said something. Tell him I said it Josh sweetheart.

"D-Darren said it."

Good. Now hit your head again my dear, it might shut me up, you'd like that wouldn't you?

"OK... ROBBIE!" Yelled Dad looking around the room helplessly. I heard somebody come down the stairs.

"What do you want?" he asked moodily, coming into the room. Noticing me stood there he tensed up immediately and his face formed a suspicious expression.

"I need you to go and find me something. Anything that resembles rope and is strong."

"What the fuck do you want rope for?" he spat.

"What is your problem?! I'm doing my best here, you don't need to give me that attitude shit! Go, get it for me right now." He flipped Dad the finger and left the room.

"Will I have to use it?" he asked, looking at me fearfully. He was looking at me as if I was completely insane.

He's going to tie you up! All the easier for me to play with if you can't fight back... I could practically feel Darren's hot breath on my ear as I heard his voice.

"N-no! Help!" I gasped, falling onto my knees, sobbing helplessly.

"Shit! Josh are you alright?" He knelt down beside me quickly but he didn't touch me at all. He must really think I'm crazy.

"N-no my h-head," I grabbed my head and pulled my hair as hard as I could. He tried to pull my hands away but with no luck, I pulled my hair so hard I thought I was going to rip it out.

"Stop it! Just stop it OK!" he cried. He was scared, I could tell. I stopped and looked at him. He had tears in his eyes and was looking at me fearfully. I felt my hands release their tight grip and fall uselessly to my sides.

What are you doing sweet-cheeks? Pulling your hair will help.

"No it wont. Pulling my hair wont help. Banging my head wont help. Just shut up and get out of my head," I said angrily. To my surprise I didn't hear Darren's voice again, I had been expecting him to say something else but he didn't.

"Are you alright?" asked Dad very quietly. His voice sounded strange, like he was trying to keep back tears.

"What's going on? Why are we on the floor?" I had regained control again. What the hell was that? What's happening to me?

"What?"

"I-I don't know what happened! I was fine and then I c-came downstairs and then I felt weird s-so I went b-back up to my room and it was like I wasn't me... well, I was, but I wasn't telling myself what to do and say." His eyes widened.

"Come here," he said, getting to his feet and helping pull me up to my feet too.

"I think you need to talk to somebody about this, other then me or your brother. I'll sort something out for as soon as I can OK?"

"But what if it it happens again?!" I spluttered.

"I'll tie you to a chair to stop you hurting yourself or anybody else. It's all I can do."

"I understand. I'll tell you when I feel OK again and then you let me go?"

"Tell me and prove it and then I'll let you go."

"O-OK." I wiped the tears and sweat from my face with my hands. That was truly the strangest experience of my life.

**FOUR HOURS LATER**

"Come on dude!"

"Alright! I'm fucking trying!"

"OK. Maybe you should do the bass instead, twin number two, step up," I sighed and got to my feet.

Madina Lake were figuring out which of us should sing and which of us should play bass when we cover for them. As they don't have a show tonight I have a feeling that we're going to be at this for a long time. Thankfully I hadn't heard or seen anymore of Darren.

"OK, so, it goes like this," Nathan sang a short part from one of their songs and I had to copy as best I could.

"I gave you every waking moment,
I gave you everything you wanted,
and now my love,
you're giving me up."

"Yes!" cried Nathan, looking like he could have hugged me.

"What was so special about that?" I asked, confused.

"Well, you're voice is a bit deeper then twin number one-"

"-I have a name and I'm the older one, my voice is deeper!" cried Robbie, glaring at me.

"-and, you put more emotion into it."

"Right..."

"I'm Robbie by the way," said Robbie indignantly.

"Right," said Matthew, pulling a red and black bass guitar out of the case he had brought with him. I saw Robbie's face light up.

"Ever played one of these before kid?"

"Nope."

"Great start," laughed Nathan, writing out the lyrics for their songs for me to learn off by heart by two nights time.

Thankfully, we only had to learn enough to get through five songs so it wasn't too bad. Robbie was getting the bass parts pretty easily and we were now being shown how to act on stage.

"OK, so usually I jump off the drum set like... a lot, but you don't have to if you don't want to, just spin and jump and all that," I heard Matthew telling Robbie as Nathan was teaching me parts to another song.

"It sounds like your holding something back. This song is meant to be pretty angry, let it all out kid. Find a memory that makes you really pissed off and use it."

"Right," I nodded and thought of something that had gotten me angry. Wow that took a lot of thought...

"Got one?"

I nodded again and belted out the song. Parts of it were borderline screaming but Nathan looked impressed once I was done.

"You got some lungs on you kid."

"I'm Josh." I had told him earlier but he didn't seem to have been paying much attention, he seemed more interested in getting us both to sing.

By midnight we had learned all the songs and after almost six hours in the room, Robbie and I were getting a little fed up. My throat was starting to hurt but it made the screaming parts much easier and I didn't really mind the pain, it was just about the only thing I've been able to feel lately.

"I think we better call it a night guys," said Matthew, noticing the time.

BOBS POV.

They've been in that room practicing for god knows how long. I hope Nathan and Matthew haven't turned them too evil.

I got up from the couch where I had been watching some random shit on TV and walked over to the doorway of the room, I knocked and the door was opened by a very sweaty Robbie.

"Why are you so sweaty?"

"Because, I was learning how to act on stage," he said, walking past me towards the kitchen.

"Dude you got some quick learning kids," said Matthew who was putting his bass away.

"Yeah?"

"Well we thought this would take longer, but it hasn't, they've got it. Just need to practice and it will all go fine on the night."

Nathan and Josh left the room, laughing about something together. Well, at least Josh has perked up a bit, he scared the shit out of me earlier.

"Is he alright?" asked Matthew in a low voice.

"He's a bit... torn up at the moment."

"How so?"

"Well... they lost their mother and didn't know I existed. He got... abused... by their Mom's boyfriend and he showed up here the other night, I don't know how he found them but since then he hasn't been right."

"Shit man I didn't know! I'm sorry!"

"It's fine."

"But maybe we're expecting too much of them so soon? I mean, we lost our Mom too and I remember what we were like for a long time after it. Maybe they're a bit too fragile at the moment to be coping with this too?"

"Hey they wanted to do this, Robbie doesn't seem that upset about it anyway. He's been a real..." I thought for a more appropriate word but failed to think of one, "he's been a right little shit to me and I mean, I'm trying my best."

"He did seem a bit... cocky."

"Like he's a little full of himself but I have seen his nicer side, he's a good kid underneath it all. Man I need a beer," I said randomly. Matthew laughed and the looked at his bass thoughtfully for a second.

"OK, I'm gonna leave this here with Robbie. He needs to practice and I can play my other one at tomorrow night's show, it's all in tune and everything, make sure he looks after it?"

"Course I will man," I said as we went to leave the room, Matthew turned to me, smirking slightly.

"Now, about that beer?" I laughed and we walked into the kitchen where Josh and Nathan were waiting for us.

"Josh, go to bed," I ordered.

"He can hang with us down here! He's alright," said Nathan.

"Alright," I gave in and dug some beers out of the fridge, throwing them to the twins.

"Can I have one?" asked Josh. Matthew snorted with laughter and Nathan smirked.

"No. What did I tell you before?"

"That... I don't remember, can I have a beer?"

"No! If you ask me one more time you can go to bed."

"Ooooooh parental tone of voice. Harsh Bob."

"He's fifteen! He can't be drinking at that young."

"He's bound to drink sooner or later. One beer wont kill him, he probably wont even like it."

Josh looked at me hopefully.

"Fine," I said, passing him a can from the fridge. He opened it and drank a little before pulling a weird face. We all laughed as he set it down on the side.

"That is the weirdest shit I have ever tasted, but it's alright I guess," he said,picking up the can and taking another gulp.

"I told you, now go to bed," I took the can from him and he sighed and left the room.

"Dude, you are like, the harshest parent ever," laughed Nathan, shaking his head and taking another gulp of his beer.

"I know man, I know," I laughed, sitting down at the table with them and kicking my feet up on a spare chair. Damn I didn't realize I was so desperate for contact with another adult until I started to talk to these guys...
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, in case I wrote this so badly you didn't understand, Josh is basically losing his mind ...Don't worry, theres a twist to it in a few chapters time. Well, actually, theres a twist to the whole story in a few chapters time.

I'm feeling absolutely no better, updates will be infrequent until I feel at least a little better. Please, please, please don't unsubscribe.