Forgotten

Home?

JOSH'S POV.

"Josh, wake up, we're here," said Robbie softly as he shook me awake.

"Alright man, I'm up," I said and stretched out my arms from where I had been sleeping awkwardly in the back of the van.

"Cassie are you awake?" I asked as Robbie climbed out of the van.

"Yes," she said and smiled to me. Usually she would just nod but she was speaking which was good because usually she doesn't ever talk.

"Come on sweetie were going to meet daddy," I said and unbuckled her seat belt for her. We both got out of the van and got our stuff from the back and walked up the driveway to the front door with Ben leading the way.

He rang the doorbell and I suddenly felt so nervous. What would he be like? Would he be willing to accept us after so long? Why couldn't he look after us full time? Countless questions ran through my head until the door was opened by a short man with black hair.

"Can I help you?" he said to Ben, not rudely but not too helpfully either.

"Oh wait, your Ben right? Yeah, come on in, and the kids, I'll go get him for you now," said the man and he disappeared back into the house and up the stairs. We all went inside and put our stuff down where we stood. Cassie grabbed my hand and buried her face into my side, clearly scared.

"It's OK Cass," I said softly, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze which she did not return.

"Now I have to warn you, things in this house are pretty messed up," said the guy with black hair, coming back downstairs.

"I'm Frank Iero," he said, extending a hand to Robbie.

"Robbie Phillips," said my brother, shaking Franks hand.

"You're the other twin?" he said, looking at me.

"Yeah I'm Josh," I politely extended my hand and shook his. It was rough and had guitar callouses on the ends of his fingers so I knew we instantly had something in common.

"And who's this little sweetie?" he asked, crouching a little so he wasn't towering over Cassie so much even though he couldn't have been more then 5ft 5 himself.

"This is Cassie, she don't talk much and she hates strangers," I explained as she hid behind me and clutched my hand painfully tightly.

"Aww well I'm nothing to be scared of," he said, smiling again and looking up at the top landing anxiously.

"If you don't mind me asking, where is our dad?" I said, trying to stay polite and not get mad, I thought he would be here?!

"No Josh, WHO is our dad would be a better question?" said Robbie before Frank could answer my question.

"Your dad is upstairs. He needs a minute to get used to the fact that he is a father, it's a lot to accept all at once..."

"Yeah well we were told he was dead until tonight so it's a lot for us to accept too!" I cut him off.

"It's a lot for him to accept all at once, he will be down whenever he's ready. You boys look the exact spitting image of him I must say," he said with a small smile.

"Who is he? Why can't he take care of us?"

"His name is Bob Bryar. He's a great guy and I know that if he knew you guys were out there he would have jumped at the chance to take care of you. He can't take care of you because he's on tour all the time, he hardly has time to take care of himself anymore, hes a complete workaholic. I'll go and try and get him to come down again," he ran off upstairs.

"What did he mean by 'on tour'?" I said to Robbie but he just shook his head.

"Your dad is in a very famous band," said Ben matter-of-factly.

"Why didn't you tell us when we asked who he was?" said Robbie, shocked.

"Because I know you guys wouldn't know who he was anyway, you wont have seen them because of your mothers situation and being in the children's home and stuff, I'm sure he will come down and meet you now."

We waited in silence for a few moments and then we heard a door open upstairs and voices on the upstairs landing, lots of voices, about five I think.

"Bob, they are right down there, go and meet them," that was that Frank dudes voice I think.

"They'll hate me! I don't want to go down there, not in this state, I just need some time to think!" Had I just heard my dad voice for the first time?

"Yes you can, come on we all need to meet everybody," said another voice, slightly softer but still a mans voice.

"Mr. Bryar, It's Ben, the social worker you spoke to over the phone, seriously, they wont hate you they're quite excited to be here really," called Ben up the stairs and a bunch of guys appeared at the top. The all walked down the stairs pretty quick and stood in front of us, a blond one coming forward.

I was really shocked, it was incredible how much he looked like Robbie and I. He was young, couldn't have been any older then 30 at a push and he was the guy from the magazine Robbie showed me. He had straight blond hair a little longer then mine and Robbie's, straightened over one of his bright blue eyes, he looked shaky like he was really shocked. I noticed his hands were covered in little white lines and wondered if he used to cut like I do.

"Hey guys," he said awkwardly.

"Hi," I said just as awkwardly, I couldn't call him dad just yet.

"Look, I really don't know what to say. I am so sorry, I messed up, I found out about your mother today and I was brought into things because she left a note leaving me in charge of you. She hated leaving you in care, she hated not telling you about me and I didn't even know anything about you until today."

"Just don't expect us to call you dad," I said coldly and his eyes met mine for just a second. Robbie elbowed me in the ribs and shook his head. Cassie cowered behind me.

"I don't expect any of you to call me dad. I haven't been much of a great dad to you guys have I? Call me Bob, what's your names?"

"I'm Josh."

"Robbie."

"Is that meant to be Robert by any chance?" asked one of the guys stood next to 'dad' and Robbie nodded, he hates his real name so he became Robbie or Rob.

The guy with the 'fro that had asked about Robbie's name gave 'dad' a significant look and dad looked back at us.

"What's her name?" he asked me, clearly seeing that Cassie was scared and wouldn't talk.

"Cassie. Leave her alone, shes scared of you," I spoke coldly again.

"You said mom left a note, did she kill herself?" said Robbie, he was so smart I couldn't believe it sometimes and he always picks up on stuff.

'Dad' nodded and I felt sick, the tears built up in my eyes and threatened to spill over. I tugged on Robbie's arm and he noticed I was upset and hugged me tightly.

"It's OK bro, just lets get this sorted, try not to think about mom right now," he was always the stronger twin. Twenty minutes older, the smarter one, the talented one, the one that everybody loved because he was much more confident then me. A single tear fell from one of my eyes but I wiped it away before any of the guys saw but I had a feeling 'dad' saw.

"Anyway..." I said, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, meet the band," said Frank, trying to make conversation.

"This is Gerard Way or Gee, he sings," said Frank, starting at the end of the line and moving along.

"This is his brother Mikey, he plays bass," he ruffled up Mikey's dark brown hair and moved to the last guy.

"This is Ray Toro, best guitarist EVER! and his hair is so cool!" said Frank, playing with Rays 'fro.

"Well.. hi," said Robbie nervously, he never gets nervous though. They nodded and smiled.

"Alright so.. Mr. Bryar, can I have a word with you in the other room?" asked Ben.

"Uh yeah sure." They left and went into a room to the right, closing the door behind them. Cassie pulled on my hand and I looked down at her to see what she wanted.

"Josh, I want to go home," she said, sounding on the verge of tears.

"Cassie, for now, this is home, we have to stay with dad OK?" I said, wishing all the guys from the band would just fuck off right now.

I sat on the floor next to my little sister and she sat on my legs, just like she used to do when she was a baby. Robbie sat down next to me and we just thought and thought in silence until Ben came back.

"Your father said you can stay here as long as he is here, and he will drop you back at the home when he leaves again for touring in a weeks time, is that alright with all of you?" asked Ben. Bob watched awkwardly, I realized I hadn't seen him smile yet, he would look a lot different if he smiled. He had this kind of hostility about him that I couldn't quite explain, it was like he was isolated from us, he felt nothing.

"That's fine with me, where are we sleeping?" I said and Ben smiled.

"Uh... you guys can either have my room or sleep downstairs in the basement but all the band shi...junk is down there," I could tell he was going to say shit but he looked at Cassie right as he was about to and changed his mind last minute, making me smile faintly.

"We'll crash downstairs," said Robbie shortly, saying goodbye to Ben and taking Cassie's hand.

I said goodbye to Ben too and he left.

"How could you do that to our mom!?" demanded Robbie the seconds the door had been shut after Ben.

"Do what?"

"You got her pregnant, she was fourteen and you left her, how the fuck could you do something like that?"

"Mind your language and I didn't even know. She took off, right after it must've happened and I didn't see her for eight years, It really wasn't my fault Josh..." he tried to reason with him but got our names mixed up.

"I'm Robbie, Robert, whatever you want to call me and my mom loved you so much do you know what she did Bob?" Sparks were flying from Robbie's eyes and he had a triumphant look on his face like he had just figured something out.

"What?" he looked pretty angry now, I think Robbie went too far.

"She gave me your name."

[A/N Comments?]