Forgotten

Snowball Fights.

JOSH'S POV.

Next Day.

I woke up in my new bed, in my new room. I looked around and smiled. The room was amazing, I had the biggest smile on my face ever when I saw it.

The walls are painted red and white, two are red, two are white. The floor is black carpet and my bed is the coolest thing ever. It's raised about six feet off the floor because my room has a high ceiling and I have a ladder to climb up into my bed which is like a mattress on a platform with my drums underneath it. Awesome.

I stretched and got up, looking around my room once more as I left it.

"Morning," I said pleasantly as I reached the kitchen. Dad's parents had come down and I was being as nice to them as possible. It was only Grandma and Robbie in the kitchen.

"Good morning kiddo, how are you today?"

"I'm just great, still stuffed from yesterday," I said, patting my stomach.

"Me too, I feel like I'm going to explode," said Robbie.

"Well, that's what you get for having six helpings of pudding!" she laughed.

"I was hungry," I shrugged, sitting down at the table next to Robbie who now had his head on the table and his eyes closed.

"Tired much?"

"Yeah and my hands are killing me. All my fingertips have like no skin on them anymore from playing so much bass yesterday," he whined.

"Awww."

"Shut up drummer boy!"

"Shut up Robert!" he flinched.

"Shut up, Joshua!" I cringed.

"Robert!"

"Joshua!"

"Enough! Stop it, its too early," said Dad, walking into the room and looking like a zombie as he sauntered over to the coffee machine.

"It's not that early," I said, glancing at the clock, "It's 11:35."

"Too early," he said, now sitting at the table with Robbie and I.

His Mom laughed and messed up his hair.

"Mooooom!" he whined, flattening it all again.

"You see boys, don't grow up to be like your father. He's almost twenty-eight years old and his mom can beat him up," she said, punching him playfully in the arm.

"Just cause I wont hit a girl does not mean you can beat me up," he said flatly, I stopped paying attention and started looking around the room. I jolted back when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You need a shave scruffy young man," she said, looking at me closely.

"I do not," I said, running my hands over my face and blushing.

"Awwww Bob he's growing up. You did talk to him about that right?"

Robbie, Dad and I looked at each other.

"Yeah of course I did mom," he said quickly.

"You could use one too. You don't want to grow up looking like your father," she said, now talking to Robbie.

"I feel offended," said Dad, getting up to get his coffee.

"Oh deal with it," she said and Robbie and I laughed.

"You know what, lets leave the coffee, lets go and get Cassie, she wont hurt my feelings like some people," he said and we all laughed.

"No don't wake the poor dear up, she'll be tired out still from yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen a happier child," she said with a smile.

"I don't think we'll see her all day, she's probably gonna just sit in her room and look at it all," said Robbie.

"Yeah, or sing all day long, whilst looking at her room."

"Daddy!" squealed a little voice, a small figure in pink pajamas jumping on Dad and hugging him tightly.

"Cassie!" he picked her up and held her tight. They looked so happy, I was so glad to be here with him, he's probably the best Dad we could have hoped for.

The rest of the day was spent just spending family time with Dad and our grandparents. I really enjoyed it, it was nice to have a family, even if we didn't have Mom anymore, we had a caring father now, something we had lacked throughout our childhood so far.

"Dad can we go have a snowball fight before it gets dark?" I asked, looking out of the window at the snow falling thick and fast onto the already snow-covered ground.

"OK, make sure you all wrap up warm and be back before it gets dark," he said.

"Sure." I ran upstairs to get Robbie and Cassie and to change into warm clothes.

"Guys! Snowball fight!" I yelled, knocking on each of their doors. I hurried into my room and quickly changed into some warmer clothes, putting on two hoodies and gloves to keep warm out in the snow.

"Hurry up!" came Robbie's impatient voice from the bottom of the stairs.

I ran from the room and down the stairs, slipping on my shoes, following Cassie out of the door and immediately beginning to pelt my brother with snowballs. He laughed and started to run down the street, I chased him and hit him a few times with some snow. We ran out of our street and into the next one.

Suddenly, I was hit in the back of the head and a load of cold water and snow trickled down my back. I shook all the snow out of my hair and threw a snowball at Cassie who giggled and ducked behind a car. It was just beginning to get dark, the streetlights were on and the sun was setting fast.

"Oh no you didn't!" I said, rushing over and pushing a heap of snow off the car so it fell onto her. She laughed and brushed all the snow out of her hair before following me to find Robbie and pelt him with snow until he begged for mercy. I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Oh Robert, where are you?" I called tauntingly, looking around behind all the cars for him.

After five minutes of looking I was just beginning to worry.

"Robbie? Where are you?" I called, looking everywhere I could think of for him.

"This isn't funny! Just come out!"

The silence that followed was possibly the most deafening thing I have ever heard. I started to look again, Cassie with me and both of us looking. We checked under cars, by people's back yard gates, behind bins, everywhere he could have possibly hidden.

"Robbie this isn't-" I was cut off as somebody grabbed me from behind, their hand quickly being placed over my mouth.

"Come with me. Scream and I kill you. Understand?" I felt something cold and sharp pressing against my neck and I nodded a little. They removed the blade. I felt panic sweep through my body as they marched me forcefully over towards a black van parked next to the sidewalk.

I could feel the mans breath on the back of my neck and it was sending shivers down my spine, I kept thinking about what had happened with Darren. What if this is about to happen all over again? I shuddered and felt the point of the knife be pressed into my back.

"Try and run little boy, I dare you," he whispered in my ear, slamming me against the side the van. He checked my pockets and I heard Cassie crying from the other side of the van.

"No! You let her go," I growled as he spun me around and I got my first look at the attacker. Great. He's wearing a ski-mask.

"You don't tell me what to do. If you do, you end up like your little brother, you got it?"

"What did you do to him?!" I demanded, my hands balling into fists and my whole body tensing as I prepared myself to jump on this guy and hurt him in any way I possibly could, even though he's twice my size.

"In the van sweetheart, we're not going to hurt you," I heard a very familiar voice say and then a door being slammed shut. I could no longer hear Cassie crying.

"Get in the van," he said, his tone suddenly aggressive.

"No! What the fuck are you trying to-" I shut up as he smacked me round the face with the back of his hand. The sound rang out into the deserted street and reverberated off all the surfaces, my cheek stung but I showed no sign of the pain. Before I could even think I brought up my right foot to kick him right between the legs as hard as I could.

He let out a muffled yell and fell to the floor, helpless. Panting I ran to the back of the van and tore the doors open, I had to get Robbie and Cassie out of here.

"Hello there gorgeous, it's been too long. Please, take a seat."

My arms fell uselessly to my sides. It was Darren. Sat in the back of the van, Robbie on one side of him, Cassie on the other, both of them looking terrified. Robbie had a strip of duct tape over his mouth and another guy sat in the back was holding the roll of tape across Cassie's mouth, ready to tape it shut if she made a sound.

I went to bolt but felt a hand on my shoulder, gripping painfully tightly.

I looked up at the man gripping my shoulder, even without seeing his face you could see he was still in a lot of pain from my kick, and absolutely livid.

He literally threw me into the back of the van and I got one last look at the end of Dad's street before the door was slammed shut and we were closed in with Darren and two other men, trapped, scared, and so close yet so far from help.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please x