Forgotten

Blood And Tears

ROBBIE'S POV.

Cam let out an exasperated sigh and I ran my hands through my hair.

For over two hours she's been trying to get details of every incident out of us, and some of them are not in any way easy to talk about.

She's being really nice, not pushing us, but she's making sure we understand the depth of the situation. Something we miss out could mean that Darren misses out on being in jail for that extra bit more time.

"So he used to hit your mother? Did he ever hit your sister?"

"He dropped her when she was really young. I don't think I've ever seen many bruises on her... you'd have to ask her about it though..." said Josh.

"You know we can't ask her anything just yet."

"Dad thinks this is going to protect her? All it's doing is protecting him!" I said angrily.

"I agree," said Josh, leaning back in his chair and taking another sip from his glass of water.

"Well for now you two are his main concern."

"I'm touched, I really am," I said sarcastically. I saw Cam smirk a little but then she quickly returned to her serious manner.

"Boys I just need to know the truth, then get the evidence, then we can go to court with this. You'd like to see him to go jail right?"

"Go to the fucking torture house more like..." muttered Josh.

Cam pretended to not hear him and carried on with her questions.

Aafter about another forty minutes I leaned back in my chair and started to snore loudly. Josh laughed and Cam giggled a little.

"I know this is boring, but it has to get done. What he's done to you guys is shocking, it's the worst case of this nature I've ever seen. I can't believe he could do these things to you."

"Well, he did so it's too late for all of that."

"I know it's too late. I guess I'm just trying to say that... I'm sorry you guys haven't had the best life so far, I'm sorry for all the shit that you've gone through and I hope its much better living with your Dad."

"It's a thousand times better," said Josh.

"A million times better!" I said quickly.

"A billion times be-"

"A gazillion times..." I cut him off, having to go one better just to piss him off. I smirked as Cam interrupted me.

"Boys!" she said, holding up her hand to silence us.

"I get it," she said with a small laugh.

I yawned loudly and then stretched. I was getting really, really tired and knew I needed to go to bed soon. Cassie had already come down to say goodnight a while ago, and Dad was staying out of the room. He doesn't like hearing about what's happened to us, and it's understandable.

"Yeah I'd like to go to bed now..." I said, trailing off and standing up from my chair. I stretched my legs from where they had gone stiff from being sat down for so long.

"It's getting pretty late. Let's call it a night then," said Cam, tidying the stack of paperwork she had filled in whilst talking to us.

"I'll go get Dad and tell him we're finished," said Josh, walking from the room.

I yawned and walked upstairs slowly, all I wanted was my nice, comfortable bed. I opened my door and stepped into my pitch dark bedroom.

"Hello, Robbie."

BOB'S POV

"Thank you so much Cam, I hope they weren't too much of a problem for you."

"They did really well," she said with a weary smile. "I can understand how hard it must have been to talk about this."

Josh nodded and stared at the floor.

"So do you have everything you need to know?"

"For the moment, yes. Now I can start building a case and get the court dates sorted out. I'll see you soon Bob, goodnight. And goodnight Josh."

"Night," he said quietly, then sauntered up the stairs to his room.

I closed the door quietly and stood, leaning with my back against it with my eyes closed taking deep breaths.

I just want Darren to go to jail, for a long time. I want the kids to feel better. I want this all over with so we can just carry on as normal. But most of all I want...

"Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetie?" I said, my eyes snapping open and being met with the sight of Cassie stood right in front of me.

"I hadded a bad dream," she tugged on the bottom hem of her little pink nightdress and shifted awkwardly.

"Aww, honey, what was it about?" I asked, scooping her up into my arms and holding her tight.

"You."

"Me? I'm not that scary am I?"

"No Daddy. I hadded a dream that Darren hurted you like he hurted Robbie."

A wave of cold swept through my body.

"Sweetie, Darren is in jail, he can't hurt anybody."

"I don't think he is in jail," she said, screwing up her face in concentration.

"The police caught him and he's in jail. He isn't going to hurt anybody, lets get you back to bed sweetheart," I carried her up to her room and layed her gently in her bed, tucking the covers around her and kissing her softly on her forehead.

"Goodnight Cassie, sweet dreams."

"Night night Daddy."

I smiled and turned to walk from the room, as my hand touched the door handle to leave she spoke again.

"Daddy?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"I love you."

What I felt then was indescribable.

"I love you too Cassie, sleep well."

I closed her door gently and then walked down to my own room.

ROBBIE'S POV

"You're what?"

"I... I..."

"I don't believe you could do that! And not tell me!"

"I'm sorry!"

"You aren't sorry! Think about what you have done!"

"Really, I am, I'm sorry Robbie, please forgive me?"

"Taylor. Get out."

"Robbie? Please!"

"I SAID GET OUT! I don't even know how you managed to climb in through my window, but you can climb right back out, or I can push you, I'm not fussy." Rage like nothing I had ever felt before was flooding through my veins, spreading to every inch of my body.

"You... murderer!"

"You don't understand! I did this for us!"

"YOU KILLED IT!"

"I HAD NO CHOICE!"

"Taylor get out."

"Hear me out Robbie, I can show you how sorry I am."

"NO YOU CAN'T! You should have thought about that before you killed an innocent child!"

"Let me explain, I wasn't going to tell you."

The rage exploded and I found myself screaming right in her pretty face.

"AND THAT MAKES IT ANY BETTER?! YOU MAKE ME SICK! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!" I roared, pushing her backwards with as much force as I could muster. With a sickening thud her head made contact with the corner of my desk and she yelped in pain. She raised her right hand to her head and when she revoved it, it was red with fresh blood.

I felt a sick thrill build up inside of me and I kicked her, hard. She yelped again and started to cry, backing away from me.

I laughed, striking her again, not understanding what I was doing. I pair of strong arms hurled me to the ground and I looked up, dazed.

"Robbie what in the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Dad! This has nothing to do with you!"

"I... I can't believe what I just saw you do!"

He was very white in the face and looked disgusted. I let my whole body go limp and closed my eyes for a moment. What have I done?

I sat up and looked over at Taylor, her beautiful face tear stained and full of fear, a small trickle of blood running down her head from where I had pushed her into the desk.

Without another word I hauled myself to my feet and ran from the room, down the stairs and out the front door. Tears obscured my vision as I ran as fast as I could. Part of me didn't know what I was running from but deep down I knew.

I was running from myself and what Darren had turned me into.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for leaving it for so long before updating. Thank you for staying subscribed and loyal to the story, it really means a lot to me. :) Much Love to you all, you people rock! :D