Forgotten

Better?

JOSH'S POV.

*************MORNING***************

I yawned and stretched out my arms as I woke up on the floor in the basement. Part of me had hoped this was all a dream but it was evident now that it wasn't. Robbie and Cassie weren't there so I got up and wandered upstairs to see if I could find them.

"Robbie? Cass? Where are you guys?" I called but quietly enough so nobody upstairs would hear me and wake up.

"Fridge raid!" came Robbie's voice from the kitchen and I ran silently into the room and joined him and Cassie at the fridge door.

"They have anything good?" I asked, pushing stuff aside to look for better food.

"Nope, just this boring shit," he said and Cassie giggled a little. She always laughs when we swear.

"You know, there's poptarts in the cupboard," came a deep voice from the doorway behind us. All three of us turned around and saw Frank leaning casually against the door frame dressed in an old Iron Maiden shirt, black pajama pants and with bed tousled hair.

"Thanks dude," I walked over to the cupboard and grabbed the box of poptarts and took a few out and started to eat them and Frank pulled a face.

"You're meant to cook them!"

"I know, but I never have tried them cooked so I don't know if I will like them," to my huge surprise Cassie took the box of poptarts and walked towards Frank with them, pointing at the box and then the toaster.

"You want me to cook them for you Cass?" said Robbie but she shook her head and tugged on the hem of Franks shirt, he looked very surprised.

"Cook please Mr. Frankie!" she pulled him by his hand over to the toaster on the sideboard and pushed the box into his hands.

"I thought she didn't talk to strangers?"

"Well she likes you I guess," Robbie looked uneasily over at them and then sat at the table at one end of the large room.

Frank put 2 poptarts into the toaster and pushed it down and set the timer before coming and sitting down at the table, diagonally across to Robbie.

"So, you talk to your old man much last night?"

"A little," I shrugged and Frank looked at me.

"Which one are you?"

"I'm Josh."

"Sorry, this is going to take me a while to get the hang of telling you apart. Your dad says you're quite the natural on the drum kit?"

"I had a little go but I'm not very good."

"I saw your guitars when you came in, you all play?"

"Yeah," Robbie took over the talking, he usually does all of the talking for all three of us.

"Me too, what kind of stuff do you play?"

"We can play a little Lostprophets, some Green Day, but mostly we play Paramore," Cassie sat on my lap and I hugged her tightly.

"You guys play paramore?" Frank raised his eyebrows and looked at all of us.

I nodded and he looked confused.

"But a boy can't sing paramore."

"Exactly, Cassie sings, don't you sweetie?" she nodded as Robbie explained to Frank.

The poptarts popped up and Frank got them out and put them on a plate for Cassie, setting it down gently in front of her.

"They might be hot for a minute," warned Robbie so she sat and looked hungrily at them for a minute whilst we sat in silence and then she started to eat them quickly once they were a bit cooler.

"You guys were really hungry weren't you?" said Frank.

"No shit sherlock," said Robbie sarcastically.

"When everyone else is up, we can get you some proper breakfast, you're so skinny all of you," he looked at us worriedly.

Cassie finished eating and stood up, taking her plate over to the sink and reaching up to turn on the tap. She washed the plate and set it on the draining board, drying her hands and coming to settle back on my lap.

"Robbie right? Did you want anything?" Robbie shook his head and stood up, heading back towards the basement door.

"Can I hear you guys play?"

"Uh, if you want but Cassie might not want to sing in front of a stranger, she's really shy about her voice."

"Is she good?"

"See for yourself," came Robbie's voice from the basement doorway and we all went downstairs and shut the door behind us so we didn't wake everyone else.

"What song guys?" asked Robbie, strumming his guitar softly.

"What song Cassie?" I asked and she thought for a second.

"I want to do the one, emergency, about the falling out of love," she said and Robbie and I nodded. I played the first part and then Robbie and Cass came in too.

I watched Frank's face change as Cassie began to sing, her guitar playing forgotten and her eyes screwed tightly shut in concentration.

"...I've seen love die,
Way too many times
When it deserved to be alive...
And I've seen you cry,
Way too many times
when you deserved to be alive,
Alive...

So you give up every chance you get
just to feel new again,
I think we have an emergency,
I think we have an emergency,
And you do your best to show me love,
BUT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT LOVE IS!
So are you listening...."

We played the whole song and when we stopped Frank burst into applause and cheering and Robbie and I grinned and stood up to take huge bows.

"Guys, you learned this by ear?"

"Yeah, we know it's kind of shite but oh well," I said placing my guitar down.

"Are you kidding me? I could ask Ray to record you if you want?"

"No, it's fine, really," Robbie just speaks for us all, again. It does get kind of annoying sometimes, especially when you don't agree with what he's saying for you.

"How old are you sweetie? You have so much power in your voice, it's just amazing and sounds really beautiful, who taught you to sing?" asked Frank

"Me, nobody taught me, I learned it myself and I'm seven." I was shocked at the huge confidence she was displaying, it was so unlike her. Her speaking voice was no longer tiny and shy but powerful and confident and it made me feel great to see her like this.

We all went back upstairs to the kitchen and sat around the table in a kind of awkward silence until Frank spoke again.

"You know, I think your dad is worried about you," he said and I looked up before Robbie could answer.

"How so?"

"Well, you should have heard him last night, on about how thin you all are and small for your age and your clothes and how he thinks its all his fault. He feels so bad you know that right?"

"Well, if he is telling the truth and he knew nothing about us then he's got nothing to feel bad about because it's not his fault."

"He still wants to make it up to you," said Frank with a slight smirk.

"In what way?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"He can tell you that when he's up. You guys wanna watch some TV or something?"

"Uh.. yeah.. sure. Can we see some of your music? My Chemical Romance?" I asked.

"Your dad said no. He was talking about it to the rest of us last night after you all went to bed. He thinks it would be best if you don't hear any of it just yet or come to any of our shows."

"But why not?" asked Robbie and I in unison.

"He thinks it would be best if you were kept very quiet."

"What, pretend like we don't exist?"

"I think so, for now yeah."

The guy with the 'fro walked into the room.

"Mornin' Ray," said Frank. Ray, thats his name.

"Sup Frank, twins who I can't tell apart and Cassie," he smiled and grabbed a cup of coffee.

"Can we have some coffee?" asked Robbie, our eyes meeting and both of us knowing what the other was thinking.

"Yeah sure," he made us coffee too and we drank all of it in record time, waiting for its strong effect to take hold of us.

We all sat and talked for a while until Mikey and Gerard were up too. We were all getting to know each other quite well as we talked for almost two hours.

"Shall I go and wake sleeping beauty?" asked Gerard to the other guys with a smirk.

"Only if I can film it," grinned Frank and they ran off upstairs, Frank beckoned for Robbie and I to follow them.

"What are we doing?" I asked, trying to hold back my laughter.

"I'm just going to get my air horn and a video camera. Your dad hates being woken up and he hates cameras and this is how we wake him up tour so, he's in for a great wake up call today," explained Gee while Frank dug out the horn and the camera.

I was feeling jittery from the coffee so I took the horn myself and ran into dad's room but then changed my mind. I needed to make a good impression and not wake him up with a horn.

I gave the horn back to Frank and Gerard held the camera high to get a good shot of Bobs sleeping form nestled up in his blankets.

Frank pressed the horn and the sound was overwhelmingly loud for a 2 second burst.

"FRANKIE!!!!" Roared dad, leaping out of bed and chasing Frank around minus a shirt until he noticed the camera in the semi dark room. Frank, Gee, Robbie and I all laughed wildly.

"You turn that goddamn camera off RIGHT NOW!" he yelled, grabbing the blanket from his bed and covering up his bare chest with it.

"Guys! Stop harassing me! It's too early!!" he whined, sinking back into the bed.

"It's almost mid-day!"

"Too early," he grunted and Gerard and Frank walked over and grabbed one of his legs each, pulling with all their might and making him fall to the floor with a loud crash and Robbie and I to laugh even harder as he yelled at Frank and Gerard.

RAY'S POV.

"You want anything for breakfast?"

"No thank you Mr. Ray, I will waits for Mr. Bob and the rest to come back," said Cassie and Mikey mouthed 'shes so sweet' from behind her back.

There was the burst of an air horn from upstairs, then the sounds of somebody being chased around the room. Then came the muffled yelling and then a few seconds of silence.

"What are they doing upstairs?" she asked innocently.

"Playing with your daddy," said Mikey with a slight giggle.

"FRANKIE!!!!" came Bob's voice very clearly from upstairs. I heard them sprinting down the stairs and into the room.

"Smile for the camera!!" teased Frank, holding a video camera just out of Bob's reach but still pointing at him.

"STOP IT!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Oh shut up," said Bob, sitting down beside Cassie and looking around for a shirt somewhere so that Frank would stop teasing him. There was one of his laying on the side so he quickly grabbed it, put it on and sat back down.

Then we got round to cooking breakfast. Well, the guys did, I can't cook and neither can Frankie so we sat there and talked to the kids while Mikey, Gee and Bob slaved away making loads of food for us all to eat.

Bob cooked loads of sausages and bacon while Gee and Mikey cooked eggs and toast. They heaped it all up on big plates and we all stuffed our faces. The twins had fourths and wouldn't stop until all of the food was gone and Cassie ate a surprising amount for a little girl her size.

"You guys were hungry?" asked Bob.

"Yeah, the food at the children's home we came from was kinda shitty so we just went hungry all the time," said one of the twins.

"Well, that wont have to happen anymore, I promise you, things are going to get a lot better for you guys from now on," said Bob with a smile.

[A/N Comments are AWESOME! xxxx]