Forgotten

The past.

ROBBIE'S POV.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! What's so hard to believe?"

"Just... nobody ever took us to get new clothes and stuff before," said Josh quietly.

"Well, I told you things would be changing for you guys and that starts right now, although, it may be difficult to go shopping with you guys unless I wear a hoody and sunglasses," dad half smiled but I didn't return it. I know what he's doing, he's trying to buy us over.

"I'll only go on the condition that you tell us all about your band and let us hear all of your music."

Dad sighed and looked at the others who nodded.

"Alright, you can watch our DVD, that pretty much explains everything, and have a copy of each of our albums, and come to one show once we're back on tour, but not you Cass, it's not really suitable."

"Hey! It's OK! I know lots of bad words!"

"Yeah, but I don't think you should be hearing them all the time, it's not a good influence on you."

"Why bother, she's heard them all before, she never repeats them," I tried to convince him.

"Alright. Fine, she can watch it and listen to the CD's but I'm only playing on one out of the three. When do you want to go shopping then? Today?"

"Uh... what else is there to do around here? Lets go as soon as we can if that's OK with you," said Josh, looking at dad.

"Fine by me," he said with a half smile. I don't understand why Josh likes him so much, personally I don't trust him, he just reminds me of Darren.

Darren, our moms ex from hell. She would go out and leave him in charge, he would hit us if we did anything bad or anything at all other then just sit in silence. One time, after Cass had gone to bed when we were quite young, about ten I think, he locked me and Josh in the bathroom because we changed the TV channel, then when he let us out he kicked the shit out of us and told our mom we fought and hurt each other. He dropped Cassie too, when she was small, he's always hated Cassie because he knew always that he wasn't her father but he's the only person who's ever been able to tell Josh and I apart.

They would go for weekends at a time, just disappear, we would panic and call grandpa who would look after us. Then, when Cassie was five, he died and we had no other choice but to stay home alone all the time. It was pretty shit but we got used to it. I don't think I'll ever get over the way he used to treat Josh though....

***************FLASHBACKS***************

"GET IN THE ROOM!"

"I want mommy!" We were five, terrified of this large, aggressive man.

"I SAID GET IN THE ROOM YOU LITTLE SHIT! WHY DO YOU NEVER LISTEN! I'LL MAKE YOU LISTEN TO ME!" He picked Josh up easily and flung him into a wall headfirst.

"Will you listen now pretty boy?" he asked, leaning over him as he cowered in the corner.

"Y..yes!" he sobbed and I had enough.

"You nasty bully! Leave him alone right now!" I knew no better at that age then to stand up for Josh.

"Oh you want to come and play too Robert? Well sure, theres enough room for everyone," he said as he grabbed me by my hair and flung me to the ground next to Josh where I cowered into his trembling body.

"So let's play a little game, how about hide and seek?" he asked in his chilling voice.

"Go! GO ON! You said you wouldn't go to bed because you wanted to play, now lets fucking play!" Josh and I scrambled to our feet and ran downstairs and hid behind the sofa, both shaking in fear and holding each others hands for comfort as I closed the curtains, hiding us from view.

We sat there, hardly daring to breathe until the curtains were ripped open and Darren stood there with this twisted smile on his face, an inclination of what would happen to us next....

****************************************************

We were ten, at the park with Darren who was being unusually nice today as we had just come out of a care home we had been in for a few months, the longest we'd ever been in one for.

"You guys want ice creams?" he asked as we walked home.

"Yes please," I said politely and he nodded, walking up to the van and buying Josh and I a soft cone ice cream each, which was really kind of him.

"Thanks very much Darren,"I said as he handed me mine.

Josh nodded but Darren didn't see.

"You ungrateful little shit." He took Josh's ice cream and threw it to the ground and smacked Josh round the face.

"Say thank you!"

"Thank you," mumbled Josh. He was so shy, we may look identical but we are completely different people.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

"Thank you," said Josh, louder this time but it still wasn't enough for Darren who picked Josh up by the front of his shirt.

"Little street rats like you don't deserve ice cream, they don't deserve anything, say it, say you're a street kid and you don't deserve anything," Josh's feet were dangling a few inches from the floor and he had so much fear in his eyes.

"I am a street rat and I d..don't deser...deserve anythi...thing," stammered Josh as he started to cry.

"STOP CRYING YOU WEAK, USELESS LITTLE SHIT! SPEAK UP!"

"I am a street rat and I don't deserve anything."

"Again."

"I am a street rat and I don't deserve anything."

"Say it louder scum, so your unnatural little clone of a brother can hear it and the whole world can hear it."

"I am a street rat and I don't deserve anything."

"LOUDER!!!"

"I AM A STREET RAT AND I DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING! I WISH I WAS DEAD YOU WOULD JUST FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" In one swift movement, Josh was pinned to a nearby wall and gasping for breath, feet dangling uselessly above the ground as I looked on helplessly.

"Darren you're hurting him, put him down!"

He held Josh there by his neck, his face turning red and panic in his eyes as he struggled hopelessly against Darren's pure strength and uncontrollable anger.

"PUT HIM DOWN!"

"GET AWAY!"

"PUT HIM THE FUCK DOWN!" I hit him with everything I had and he dropped Josh to the floor were he slumped on the ground. I ran for my life until I lost him and then I went back for Josh later to see if he was alright. Scariest day of my life.

About three or four years later Darren came back to mom and she took him back. He was a druggie by then, every time he came over he was either high, getting there or piss assed drunk and something happened one night...

**************END FLASHBACKS***************

"Robbie? Hello?" Josh waved his hand in front of my face and I jolted out of my daydream.

"Yeah, sorry, I zoned out, what is it?"

"We're going out, come on, we need to put on some clean clothes."

"Do you guys want showers before we go anywhere?" suggested dad and a hot shower did sound good right about now.

"A real, hot shower?"

"Is there any other kind?"

"Our showers. Real fast, real cold, and most often back to back sharing with each other."

"Separate, hot showers, as long as you like, come on," dad showed us how to work the shower and gave all three of us a clean fluffy white towel. I went first, taking my time as I hadn't had a real shower like this for a few weeks, only cold ones at the home once everyone else had used all the hot water.

Once I was done I put on my clean clothes and walked out of the bathroom, toweling my hair dry, I overheard dad and Frank talking as I walked past a room.

"Really?"

"Yes, I heard them, they're fucking amazing, the boys, but Cassie.... she's just something else, her voice is like nothing I've ever heard before."

"I should hear them play really, I was going to offer Josh some drum lessons and see if Robbie wanted them too or speak to you about teaching them some more guitar?"

"Yeah, I'd do that but..."

They stopped talking abruptly as I made a floorboard squeak and Frank came to the door.

"Come on in whichever twin you are, how much did you hear?"

"Enough. She wont sing for you Bob," he looked up.

"She wont. I know she wouldn't, she's not a show off, I don't even know why she showed Frank to be honest."

"I understand if she's shy, she can show me if she wants when she's ready, I wont push her for it. This is an odd question but are you Josh?"

"Nope."

"Sorry Robbie, this will take me some time."

I nodded and left the room, sat on the couch with some of the other guys just talking until everyone was ready and dad, Josh, Cassie and I headed out.

"So, tell us about yourself?" asked Josh once we were on our way to the mall.

"OK well... where do I even begin? Right. I'm Bob Bryar, twenty seven years old, from Chicago, I play drums for My Chemical Romance, I dunno, what else do you want to know?"

"Whens your birthday?"I asked randomly.

"New years eve, you guys?"

"April the 27th," I said dully, it had always rained on our birthday for ever year so far.

"And you Cassie?" he's trying to be all nice but going completely the wrong way about it, he scares her and I know why. He's the same build as Darren, all muscle and quite tall with the beard thing, she must be so scared of him.

"He's not Darren," I whispered in her ear and she nodded.

"Mines is on July 2nd," she said shyly.

"You really have no need to be scared of me, I may look big and scary but I'm really not, ask any of the guys, I'm a big wuss really."

"Define wuss?" I asked with a smirk.

"Choose between cat or dog? I choose cat every time."

"You really are a wuss," laughed Josh, dad nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, just please don't be scared of me, I know I'm pretty big but as long as you don't come anywhere near me with a camera or make me climb anything really high up and I'm completely harmless." We fell into a slightly uncomfortable silence as we neared the mall. I just looked out of the window at New Jersey rushing past.

"Did you guys all grow up in Chicago with your mom?" he asked and I just listened as Josh answered.

"Yeah, in her little house."

"Do you go to school there?"

"No, we got expelled for putting a fish in the school air conditioning unit," I said with a snigger and I saw in the mirror dad smile a little. The whole stank of fish for weeks afterwards, it was the best thing we ever did.

"I wont lecture you, that was wrong, but on the other hand, you guys have some style."

"You were bad too?"

"I wasn't the best behaved teenager, I was a bit of a rebel."

"We can tell," I muttered bitterly, referring to that fact that I had done the math and he got mom pregnant at twelve. That really is irresponsible.

We pulled up outside the mall and dad parked the car and we all jumped out.

"Clothes first?"

"I hate clothes shopping," I groaned, taking Cassie's hand so she didn't get lost in this unfamiliar place.

"Join the club, the worst is if you go shopping with Frank, he tries on the whole store, no lie, the whole store and then buys about one thing, he's worse then any woman you can think of," said dad and Josh smiled slightly.

"But, everything we get has to match," I said quickly, with a smirk which Josh returned. We had always dressed in matching clothes to piss people off so they couldn't tell us apart.

"Alright well come on, hot topic first thing!"

[A/N Sorry for the lack of updates, been having daily band practice for a gig, but now it's gone I can update, comments rock, thanks to everyone who has commented so far!! XD and everyone who has subscribed! And any 'Trust Me' readers reading this, that story will be updated tomorrow for definite as I don't have time to do it now, I'm off out. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the patience xxxx]