Forgotten

She WHAT?

BOBS POV.

We stayed in hot topic for ages and the boys ended up both getting loads of stuff, unfortunately for me it all matched so I couldn't tell them apart. Cassie was too small so we had to go and find stuff for her somewhere else.

"Whoa! Josh check out those shoes!" said Robbie as we walked along. They both stood at this shop window, staring at a pair of converse before looking at me hopefully.

"Alright," I sighed and they both high-fived each other.

"Cass you want new shoes too?" I was trying to be fair to all of them and she nodded and smiled as the two of us followed the boys into the shoe shop where they were both already looking at converse in loads of different colours.

"No more then two pairs each though guys!" I called after them as they ran to find their sizes.

Cassie got black and pink vans, saying the converse looked like 'clown shoes'. The twins each had a pair of black converse and a pair of chunky black vans.

"OK guys, that enough for today?"

"Uh.." said Robbie, looking at all the bags we were carrying. "Yeah, I think thats fine, thanks a lot," Josh smiled and nodded and Cassie did the same.

We got all the stuff and filled up the car with it and I drove us all back to the house. I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach when I noticed Brian's car outside, I knew he was going to go absolutely berserk on me.

"Hey guys," I called as we walked through the door and dumped all the bags. I threw my keys onto the shelf and kicked off my shoes, walking into the lounge to find a livid looking Brian talking to Ray and Mikey.

"There you are!"

"Yes, here I am?" I asked, pretending to be confused. I gestured to Josh to take himself, Robbie and Cassie upstairs and he nodded and did so, taking a load of the bags with them.

"You have some explaining to do, right now, sit, I want to know everything." He kept a forced calm into his voice and Ray and Mikey gave me apologetic looks as I sank into an armchair opposite from him.

"Brian, what do you want me to say?"

"Well first off I want to know why the hell you have three kids?"

"I didn't know Brian I swear I didn't.."

"HOW THE HELL COULD YOU NOT KNOW!?"

"I had no contact with her.. I swear, the first I knew anything about them was yesterday."

"But, once I can understand maybe, but twice? The girl too? Why did you go back to her Bob?"

"The girl is my daughter and she has a name Brian!" I came pretty close to yelling at him but forced myself to keep my calm.

"You think that matters to me? The only thing that matters to me is that my drummer may not be able to tour anymore because he gets landed with full custody of his three accidental kids!"

"They can go back to the children's home until I figure something out, or we can get another bus or something and I'll live with them on it, I really don't want to send them back to the home but if I have to then I will, I can't stand to see them like this Brian, I really can't, they've had shit lives and I want to do all I can to make it better for them."

"Bob, I understand not wanting to send them back there but how will you focus on the tour if you have three kids to worry about all the time?"

"Well it's a bit late to think about that now isn't it Brian? What are you suggesting I do about it?"

"I'm suggesting you put them up for adoption. The girl will go easy enough and the boys can stay in a home until someone brave enough to take them comes along."

My hand clenched tightly into fists and I had to really fight to keep my anger down.

"You want me, after everything they've been through, to split them up?"

"Yes thats what I'm saying, they will get used to it, it is whats best for the band..."

"MAYBE I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHATS BEST FOR THE BAND! MAYBE NOW ALL I WANT TO DO IS TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS! THEY LOST THEIR MOTHER YESTERDAY HOW DO YOU THINK THEY FEEL!" I was on my feet without knowing how I got there.

"I don't.. I don't know.." he stammered, clearly intimidated as I stood up and yelled at him with everything I had.

"Brian, I'm not splitting them up, I'm not getting rid of them, they're my children and now that I know about them and everything you cant just expect me to get rid of them can you?"

"I guess not. I'll see what I can do about getting another bus or something, I didn't know about their mom, I'm really sorry Bob.."

"It's alright," I said, sitting back down.

"Can I meet them then?"

"Uh.. yeah sure I'll go get them now," I got up and ran upstairs, thinking which room they would have gone in, I tried mine first and was in luck.

"Hey whats wrong?" I noticed Cassie was laying on the floor, really pale with the boys kneeling next to her.

"I think she's sick," said Josh as Robbie pushed her hair back off her forehead. I walked over and knelt next to her, between the boys and placed my hand on her forehead. She flinched at the contact but I removed my hand almost instantly anyway.

"Guys shes burning up, go and tell either Ray or Mikey to call a doctor please?" One of the twins nodded and left the room, returning a moment later with Ray in tow.

"Bob whats wrong with her?"

"I don't know, shes burning up but she's shivering too," I took her small hand in mine but she pulled it away so I didn't try again.

"Where does it hurt sweetie?" asked Ray softly as he knelt down beside her too. She pointed at a spot on the left side of her lower abdomen and Ray looked more worried then.

"I'm going to call a doctor," he said and left the room in a hurry.

"We should make her more comfortable," said one of the twins, Josh I think.

"Yeah, Cassie is it alright if I pick you up?"

Her face screwed up in pain and she shut her eyes and shook her head.

"Come on, you can't lay on the floor like this," she shook her head again and clutched at her stomach.

"We need to move her," said one of the twins who was now also very pale.

"I know we do, put her in my bed to keep her comfortable."

"No! Don't! it hurts!" she cried and tears started to fall down her face and that was the last straw for me. I picked her up easily and as gently as I could I layed her on my bed.

"It's OK sweetie, the doctor will be here soon and it will all be OK," I said trying to comfort her. The boys each had one of her hands and were holding them tightly.

Ray, Gee and Frankie came into the room, followed by Mikey a moment later with a glass of water.

"Doctor is on his way, he said she needs to drink lots of water and stay warm," I placed my hand on her forehead again and she pushed it off. She looked so tired and her eyes slipped closed.

"Se still has a temperature I think, do we have a thermometer anywhere?"

"I'll go check in the first aid box in the bathroom," said Frankie, leaving the room.

"Cassie, I need you to sit up a bit and drink this for me OK?" said Mikey but she didn't look at him, she kept her eyes tight shut and I think she had fallen asleep.

"Is she asleep?" I asked and one of the twins nodded.

"Before you came upstairs she kept saying how sleepy she was."

"She can't sleep now, we need to wake her up and she needs to drink this. How long until the doctor gets here Ray?"

"He said about ten minutes was the fastest he could be here." I nodded and turned back to Cassie. She was shivering and covered in cold sweat, she was moving slightly in her sleep and it made me think she was having a nightmare or something. I saw the twins exchange worried glances.

"NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed suddenly and woke up sobbing. I was the nearest person to her and she grabbed onto me and sobbed into my chest until she opened her eyes and looked up. She screamed and jumped as far away from me as she could, the boys held on to her and kept her on the bed but she was looking at me with pure fear in her eyes.

"Whats going on?"

"She's having one of her nightmares! Cassie, It's OK, he's not Darren, Darren isn't here," said I think it was Robbie and he hugged her tightly as she calmed down a little. After a few moments he layed her back down and she curled into a ball, shivering. All I wanted to do was give her a big hug but I knew she wouldn't let me.

"Who's Darren?"

"We'll explain later," said the same twin that hugged her.

A twin took the water from Mikey and handed in to her, she sat up and drank about three quarters of it before she clutched at her stomach and lay back down.

The doorbell went and Gee ran downstairs to answer it, returning a moment later with a young man with short black hair, a kind face and serious grey eyes. Ray, Mikey, Gee and Frank took the boys out of the room and headed downstairs.

He walked straight over to Cassie and took her hand but she didn't pull it away.

"Whats her name?"

"Cassie."

"Hello there Cassie, I'm doctor James Harris, call me Jamie if you like, I want you to tell me exactly where it hurts can you do that for me?" She opened her eyes and nodded slowly, pointing at the same place on her stomach she had showed me earlier. He checked her pupils and took her temperature before turning to me.

"Of what relation are you to her?"

"I'm her dad." That felt weird to say, I didn't think I would ever be able to say that about anyone, at least not now and possibly for another few years.

"Alright, she needs to go down to the hospital for some tests if that's alright with you?"

"Obviously thats fine by me if it's needed, whats wrong with her?" The doctor shook his head and looked away from Cassie and straight into my eyes.

"I think she has appendicitis."