Now Where's Your ***ing Champion?

The Call To Billie

I switched on my mobile, there was no way in hell I was plugging in that phone so that Mike could ring. I could imagine him and his big face judging me now. He must get it from his mother.

It switched on and I was welcomed by a questioning text from MIke. I forgot he had my mobile number, I don't know how I could forget, but I was so pre-occupied with thinking about Billie. It was now or never. I dialled the number.

"Hello, who is this, why are you ringing and where do babies come from?"
Stupid wise-ass Joey. Ah, now I'm being mean about Joey! Joey's awesome!! I've got to shake this.
"Hi..is your Dad there?"
"That doesn't answer any of my questions. It makes me wonder, are you worth talking to?"
He is in a very questioning mood today..
"Joey please."
"Fine" he sighed. I heard running noises and muffled voices.
"Hello? Who is it?"
"Tr...Tr....Travel Agency."
"Huh?"
NO DAMNIT!!
"Tre I mean."
"Right, easily confused" Billie laughed
I took a deep breath. Too deep.
"Are you OK?" asked Billie.
"No, Mike's mom is HUUGE and so is yours."
"Tre, is this about when she beat you up that time? In her defence, you looked like a burgaler, what with the balck beanie and gloves 'nd all, also you are pretty weak."
"No, I'm just saying" I scoffed
"Is that all you rang for?"
".....not exactly"
Pause. Very long pause.
"Is Green Day really THAT important? I mean music? I've heard better."
"...what??"BIllie sounded totally lost.
"I..."
"Have you and Mike got in a fight or something?"
"No."
"Then what the hell is this about Tre?" asked Billie, sounding angry.
"Umm....I have a dog, a fish, they need to be walked"
"Tre-" I cut him off and switched of my phone. I may not have said I was leaving, but I think he got the jist.

There we go, job done.

Now it's just the fans, family, ditant realtives I'm forced to call family, friends and the fans. Wait I already said that...