You're the Talk of the Town

twelve.

“Gabe, please. Not now.” She whispered, quietly closing her locker.

“Lets go.” He told her, looking down the hallway. It was almost empty.

“Where?” She asked, looking down the hallway as well. She wanted to go with him, and she didn’t know why.

“I don’t know. Anywhere. Blaise, we need to talk. Somewhere where we wont get interrupted.” he said, looking down at her. She gazed back up at him and a million thoughts ran through her mind.

She could stay here and pretend to still hate Gabe, when in reality, she didn’t anymore. She didn’t know what made her change her mind, but she knew she didn’t hate him. But in staying here, she wouldn’t know what he had to stay to her, and that made her wonder. Or she could go with him and have a day off. And let rumors fly, because god knows they will.

“Lets go, before someone catches us.” She said, closing her locker and looking at him. He smiled, and started walking down the hallway.

-----------------------------------

Gabe led the way out to his car, and opened the door for her. He softly shut it and walked around to the drivers side. He got in and saw her glance out her window. She was nervous, or scared. He couldn’t tell.

“Where are we going?” he asked her, hoping she had a place in mind. She had lived here longer.

“Just start driving. We’ll see where it takes us.” she said, looking down at her hands.

He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. He didn’t keep track of where he was driving. All he knew was they needed to go someplace private. Someplace quiet.

He found himself stealing glances at Blaise. She just stared out her window, her arms wrapped around herself. She was still perfect to him. She looked at him and he snapped his head back out the window. He didn’t know what he was doing. He didn’t know what made him want to talk to her. Maybe it was to help her. He didn’t know.

“Pull over here.” Blaise said, barely whispering.

He obeyed and pulled over onto the dirt road that was adjacent to the highway, driving into the wilderness. He finally pulled over at a small spot off to the right of the road. He cut the engine and sighed. He took off his seat belt and turned toward her. She did the same and faced him, her eyes meeting his. He didn’t know where to begin. He decided that apologizing would be best.

“I’m sorry.” he said, looking out the window behind her. He couldn’t meet her eyes.

“For what?” she asked, looking down again.

“For being such a dick. For everything that has happened in the past few months.” he said.
He still didn’t meet her eyes, he didn’t want to see the reaction on her face.

“You know, I didn’t understand at first. Why you were being so mean. But then something clicked in my head. I was rude. I was the mean one. You were the new guy, and you just wanted friends. And I totally blew you off. If anyone should be apologizing, it should be me.” Blaise said, earning a surprised stare from Gabe. “I’m sorry.”

“Blaise…”

“Gabe, can we start over?” she asked him, her eyes finally finding his. He felt himself being lost in them.

“Yes.” he said after a few moments of silence. He kept looking at her. He knew something was definitely wrong. He didn’t know, seeing that they were now on good terms, if he should ask about Saturday.

“What?” she asked, her mouth slightly turning up.

“Hmm?” he asked, not looking away from her.

“You were staring at me.” she said, hugging herself even tighter. He looked away from her and felt his cheeks burn. This was something new. He never blushed.

“Nothing.” he mumbled.

“Yeah right-shoot!” she said, then let out a string of cusswords that echoed in the car. He looked back at her, and she was holding her back.

“What’s wrong?” he said frantically. Moving his eyes all over her body to find the problem.

“Its-Its nothing. Just my back.” she said, her voice cracking.

“Blaise, let me-” he said, reaching for her, but she slapped his hands away.

“No!” She yelled.

“Blaise-”

“Gabe, please don’t.” she whispered.

“What happened to you?” he demanded, scooting to the middle seat. She stayed silent and Gabe grew anxious and worried.

“Did he hit you?” he asked, his voice soft.

She looked up at him with sad eyes and he felt anger flare up in him.

“Blaise, what did he do?” Gabe asked, moving even closer to her. He saw her eyes fill with tears and he felt like he should defend her, help her.

She suddenly burst out into tears and Gabe brought her into his arms, letting her cry into his chest.

If you were to ask Gabe five days ago if he would ever be in this situation with Blaise Adams, he would have said no. But strange as this may have been for him, he knew it was right.

This was where he was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah, yes.
another short one.
there were no comments..and i was sad.

this really would have been up sooner,
but one of my friends passed away and it has been difficult.
i do apologize.

fin.