You're the Talk of the Town

six.

“Oh wow, your back.” Joan smiled. They had just gotten out of school and were walking to Joana’s truck.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Blaise asked, looking at her black haired friend.

“Your old self is back. Its nice. I thought you were going soft on me.” Joan said, unlocking her doors.

Blaise smiled to herself. This is what she wanted. She felt relieved.

“What do you want to do tonight?” Joan asked as they pulled out of the school parking lot.

“Movies. We haven’t gone to the movies in a while.” Blaise said, looking out the window.

“Oh yes. We haven’t! Then we could go back to my house and have a girl’s night!” Joan squealed, bouncing in the driver’s seat.

Blaise just laughed as she stared at her friend. This was going to be a great year.

----------------------------------------------------------

“Gabe, were going to the movies later. Wanna join?” Johnny, Gabe’s new guy friend, asked.

“What time?” he asked, putting on his NY hat and looking at his gold watch.

“Around six thirty.”

“I’ll be there.”

Gabe left them then and went home. It was a Friday night and he was going out. Maybe he would get drunk. Who knew?

He went to his SUV out in the school parking lot and drove home. He pulled up into his driveway and got out and noticed a few girls across the street and a few houses down. They were laughing and walking into a house. This was news. He didn’t think he lived by anyone his age. Once they were gone from view he went inside to get prepared for tonight.

“Hello Gabriel.” His mother said once he got inside.

“Hello mom.” Gabe grinned at her. He loved his mother. He walked up the steps to his room and opened his notebook. He had some things he needed to get on paper, so they wouldn’t leave his mind.

---------------------

“What are we going to watch?” Blaise asked as they pulled into the parking lot.

“I was thinking about that action one with Bruce Willis…” Joan said, looking at Blaise.

“That sounds good.” She said, unfastening her seat belt.

“Look! Johnny’s here!” Joan suddenly whispered.

Blaise looked to where she was looking and smiled. Joan liked Johnny a lot. They flirted all the time.

“Well, tonight’s the night you finally get together.” Blaise said, holding back a laugh.

“Oh shut up.” Joan said, smacking her arm.

They walked over to the Theatre and bought their tickets. It was surprisingly cold for it being the beginning of October. Blaise wished she had brought her jacket.

“Joan!” Johnny said, walking up to us.

“Hey Johnny.” Joan said, beaming up at him. He was doing the same thing to her.

“Hello Blaise. How are you?” he asked, looking at her. Blaise liked Johnny, but only in a friend aspect. He was very polite and always included everyone.

“I’m great Johnny. You?” she asked, politely.

“I’m great.” He said, his gaze returning to Joan. Blaise felt like she was going to be sick this was so cute.

“What movie are you seeing?” Joan asked.

“We are seeing the Bruce Willis one.” He smiled.

“We?” Joan asked just as Blaise spotted him. He was walking up to them.

“Yeah, me and Gabe.” He said, looking at Blaise apologetically. She was confused.

“Well look who it is.” He said, stopping right in front of her.

He was wearing black skinny jeans, a purple hoodie with a bright yellow v neck on. His had was barely hanging on his head and he had those ridiculous white glasses on. The smirk on his lips was enough to make her want to hit him.

“Yeah, the new asshole.” Blaise said, smiling at the flash of shock in his face that was quickly covered up by anger.

“Oh really? I’m the asshole?” Gabe said glaring and moving closer to Blaise.

“Yes. I believe that is what I said. Can you not hear?” She said, pursing her lips. She did not like how close he was.

“That’s funny because the last thing I remember is you –“

“Come on Gabe. Stop.” Johnny said, grabbing his friends arm. Gabe looked at Johnny and
then turned and left into the theatre, Johnny following him.

Blaise just stood there. She couldn’t believe what he was about to say. She felt angry and betrayed, but she didn’t know why.

“What was that all about?” Joan asked Blaise.

Blaise ignored her and pretended she wanted something from the concession stand. She knew she looked pissed off. She needed to control that before she went into the theatre. She wouldn’t let him see that he got to her. She wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction.
She got water and then went into the theatre. She couldn’t see where Joanna was so she just walked up the aisle, looking down each row.

“Blaise, here.” She heard a whisper a few rows up. She saw a hand waving and walked to it.

She was sitting by Johnny, who had Gabe on the opposite side of him. She sighed. She didn’t want to deal with him any longer today. But she did it for Joanna.

She sat down quietly and waited for the movie to start. This night couldn’t get any worse.

---------------------------------------------------

Gabe was in the arcade shooting birds waiting for the time to pass until the movie started. Johnny was out in the lobby. Where Gabe was supposed to go in a matter of seconds.

He finished up his game walked towards Johnny. When he saw Blaise he instantly went to anger mode.

She looked at him as he walked up to them.

“Well look who it is.” He said, stopping in front of Blaise.

She had on jeans, with a fuchsia sweater and a black bow in her hair. She still had on the
same bright shoes she wore every day. She looked cold, but he ignored that.

“Yeah, the new asshole.” She said. Shock flew through him but he quickly covered it with anger.

“Oh really? I’m the asshole?” He said is a harsh whisper, moving closer to her. He didn’t understand the feelings he had. It was a mixture of confusion, anger and betrayal.

“Yes. I believe that is what I said. Can you not hear?” She said, pursing her lips.

“That’s funny because the last thing I remember is you –“

“Come on Gabe. Stop.” Johnny said, grabbing his friends arm. He looked and Johnny and
wanted to hit him. But decided against it and turned and stalked into the theatre. He walked up a few rows and sat in the middle; Johnny sat down next to him and sighed. He wanted to leave, but that would only satisfy her.

“What was that about?” he asked, looking at Gabe. Gabe sighed.

“She called me an asshole.”

“People call you one all the time.” Johnny stated.

“So? That doesn’t mean I like to be called that.”

“What did she do to you?” Johnny asked as Joan came and sat down next to him.

“Nothing. She never did anything.” He said harshly, glaring at Blaise as she walked up the aisle.

“Blaise, here.” Joan whispered to his right.

He watched her as she sat down next to Joan, sitting the same exact way as he was. At least he knew that they both hated each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was not out yesterday. Even if i promised someone this..
Things came up.
comments would be amazing!