Status: Active :)

Tell Me, What's Real?

Epilogue

The world was dark and empty with despair. Rain dribbled onto the field, disguising her tears as they streamed down her hollowed face. Her eyes were dark and clouded with grief, eclipsing her blue eyes into darkened, shining moons that looked utterly broken and empty. Her chest was heaving as sobs transformed her, her hair hanging wet and limp against her ivory skin as she clenched her long, bony fingers in agonized fists. .

”We are gathered here today to honor the death of a loved one; Isabelle Thomas.”

A cry left her lips as she fell to her knees, her dress becoming tainted by the muddy grass as the elderly woman beside her wrapped her arms around her writhing figure.

Two couples stood in the clearing where the clouds met the sun, watching with unspoken sadness and desolation. A tall man had his arms wrapped around a blonde-haired girl, his lips against the top of her head as he murmured reassurance in her ear. Tears dribbled down her face, falling but never once hitting the ground.

”Stolen in the middle of the night, she is endlessly loved by all and will never be forgotten.”

Shaking off his arm, the girl stepped forwards, her footprints splashing against the wet grass as she walked over to the mourning woman. With a glance back she saw that her sister was following and she stopped, holding out her hand for comfort and support. Pale, bony fingers curled around each other with ominous desperateness, and they squeezed it tightly before walking together through the rain.

No one looked up. The woman lay broken on the grass, her chest heaving with absolute brokenness as she stared down at the casket. The two girls walked until they were behind her, tears falling down their cheeks and dribbling onto the grass.

The one on the left wrapped her arms around her mother, cries leaving her lips as well as apologies and begs for forgiveness. She clutched onto her mother as though her life was at stake, tugging and pulling at her clothes though they never once moved. The other stood to the side and watched silently, biting her lip as sobs warped her figure.

“I’m sorry,” she cried, clutching onto the grieving woman. “I love you so much, mummy.” She wanted to be heard, and the woman wanted to hear her. But they couldn’t because their worlds were parted and the final words would never be spoken.

”A daughter, sister and friend to many, Isabelle was loving and caring to all that she met.”

The woman tensed when she felt water brushing against her back, her sobs halting as she stiffened. It didn’t feel like the rain did; the droplet seemed to caress her as it trailed down her back. Sniffling, she looked over her shoulder, a sense of serenity running through her as her heart filled up with warmth.

For a second, clouded blue eyes stared back at her and she gasped. In an instant they disappeared, and a cry left her lips as she clutched at her body. “Come back,” she whispered, clenching her eyes shut to stop the tears from falling. “Sweetheart, come back.”

The girl placed her hand on her mother’s shoulder, trailing her fingers over her skin as tears streamed down her face. “I’m right here, mummy,” she whispered gently, her voice stolen away by the wind. “I’ll always be right here, I promise.”

With shaking fingers she caressed her mother’s cheek, begging her to turn around and see her for one last time. But she didn’t. “I’m happy, mum,” she said gently, her voice going unheard on deafened ears. “Jimmy makes me happy. And I’m with Leslie now.” Her voice was croaky and hoarse with unshed tears, and she sniffled as she wiped at her eyes with her spare hand. “I love you. Don’t forget me.”

The words went unheard but the answer was whispered out into the air. “Never.”

A hand tugged at her wrist and she pulled herself away from her mother, turning to face the solemn eyes of her sister. A hand intertwined with hers, fingers reaching up to wipe at her tears as she smiled shakily. Her eyes swept back to the edge of the field, meeting a pair of crystalline blue ones which were watching her with concern and love. He gave her a smile, holding out his hand to her. With a glance back at her mother, she walked to him on shaking legs.

His arms were around her before she could speak. She cried against his chest and he felt it; he felt her tears and he felt her pain. Cradling her to his body, he kissed all over her face, his lips sweeping up the tears that leaked from her darkened eyes.

With his arms around her and the light of the morning sun shining upon them, they disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe that it's over! D': I loved this story so much! Thank you to everyone that supported me and supported this story; it really means the world to me. I've loved every comment that I've received and to hear how much you all enjoyed this story really made me feel wonderful.

I'm going to miss Jimmy and Izzy. They were my favourite couple out of any of my stories. /tear

I love you all and I'd be honoured to hear from any of you or even see you following any one of my current stories.
Ash xx

These are my new stories that are updated every fortnight, I promise.
-Beautifully Broken -- Brian Haner Jr.
-The Devil's Deal -- Zacky Vengeance.
-You've Become the Rain -- Kennedy Brock.
-The Forgotten -- Original.
-Forget Me Not -- Garrett Nickelsen. (Coming Soon)

I have a lot more spare time now, so they definitely will be updated quite frequently. Check them out if you like. XD