Status: In Progress...

The Way to Believe

Chapter Fourteen

I left the Pantheon to go and see the city. I flew over the forest and landed just a ways outside of the city. I wouldn’t be good to just fly into the city. I would get strange looks.

I walked into the city. On one of the gates was a sign that read:

“Welcome to NeverTown:
The town that never grows up
Population: 3,000”

I smiled, NeverTown, how classic. I wonder if Peter had thought of that. I continued into NeverTown. Do they have shops? Currency? This was one part of Neverland I was not familiar with.

I saw a stand by the side of the road. “Tomatoes, Potatoes, and Turnips For Sale.” The person working in it could not have been older than 15. She shouted about her wares, “How ‘bout some pretty red tomatoes! Only 2 Cyns for pound!”

Apparently they had a currency; what is the exchange rate, I wonder? The people who passed me were wearing all sorts of clothing; from ball gowns to ratty street clothes. Though none of them seemed to mind the filth, or lack thereof, of the others.

I saw street rats and fancy nobles. Where do these people live?

No use wondering.

...

I walked trough the town and up to the harbour. There were 6 ships sitting in the cove. One had black sails and looked beat up. I smiled, that one must belong to Neverlands only pirate.

I think I'll go on board.

I walked up to the edge of the dock, and tried to see aboard, but considering the boat was much taller than me it wasn't a surprise I couldn't see anything.

I turned to the front of the boat and peered at it. There on the bow was a mermaid, how cliché.

“Hey! You! What are you looking at!” A head popped over the edge of the railing.

“Nothing that concerns you.” I stared at the man. He appeared to be in his twenties with black hair and dark eyes. He smiled. It was a crooked smile, it lit up half of his mouth.

“I like that. Who are you?”

“No one you’re gonna steal from.”

“Of course not. You’re a lady. I couldn’t steal from a lady.”

“Sure you could.” I winked at him, “And I’m sure you have.”

“Ah, you got me!” He grinned, “Why don’t you come aboard the Jolly Roger?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ssrry it's so short...

You will get more if you comment... :)

~ Elona