Status: In Progress...

The Way to Believe

Chapter Seventeen

“Where have you been?” My irate grandmother stood in front of me hands on hips. “My daughter, your mother, is killed in a car accident, you, my granddaughter, disappears! It’s as if you were off-planet.” That’s my grandmum for ya. She is probably the best grandmother a girl, like me, could have. She’ll yell at me and then say something totally awesome, like off-planet. Seriously grandma, it’s not Star Trek that I just found out about, it’s NeverNeverLand. “No note. You’re gone. You could have been dead! You could-”

“Neverland.” I said it in barely a whisper.

“What?”

“I’ve been in Neverland.” This wasn’t much louder.

“Oh. Well that’s all right then.” She left the doorway and bustled back into the house. I just stood there. Well that’s all right then. Is that the only thing you have to say. Not, oh let’s see, You’re Out Of Your Mind!

She came back and screeched, “You coming?”

I looked up at her; she is about 6 inches taller than me, and uttered “You’re not going to kill me?”

“No. At least not yet.” I gulped and walked in.

She gestured at the sofa, “Well, sit down.”

“Uh, okay.”

She looked expectantly at me, “So? Why’d you come back?”

“I, uh, have to ask you a question.” I fished around in my pocket, and pulled out the piece of wood.

“What’s that?” I showed it to her, and a look of realization flitted across her face, “Why have you got that?”

“Was your grandma Wendy Darling?”

She pursed her lips, “Yes.”

“Why didn’t you and mum tell me?”

“Because of your eyes.”

“My eyes? What have my eyes- Oh.” My purple eyes. Hooks eyes. “D’you think Peter would have thought I was evil?”

“I don’t know.” She frowned, “He doesn’t know, does he?”

“Know what?”

“That you’re Wendy’s great-great-granddaughter.”

“I don’t think so. But he’s not stupid. He might have figured it out.”

“If he has, he’ll think something really weird was going on.”

“Yeah.” We sat in silence for a while; each of us contemplating your own thoughts.

“You know purple eyes run in family’s right?”

“Yeah. What d’you- Oh.” I stood up, “I’ve got to go.”

She just looked at me and said, “Go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long... Pretty hectic around here...

Comment = Love

~ Elona