Status: In Progress...

The Way to Believe

Chapter Nineteen

I was back at grandmas in no time. She opened the door and said, “So what are you going to do?”

“I’m gonna get it tested.”

“What kind of test?”

“You know, DNA.”

“Oh, and do you know someone who works in that field?”

“Well, Sami’s dad does. I think he’ll help me.”

“Okay.”

“Let’s go.”

She stared at me, “In that?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Oh, uh, I guess not.”

“No, you look like a pirate.”

“Thanks.”

“It’s fitting isn’t it?”

“Well we don’t know for sure, yet.”

“No, I suppose we don’t. Anyways come, lets get you some better clothing.” She bustled out of the room and upstairs. I followed her. When I reached to top of the stairs, she was pulling things out of a dresser. She grabbed a simple green top. She gestured at it, “that was what I wore to Neverland.”

“Really?”

“Yes, and you can keep the pants and boots, but please for the sake of getting arrested lose the sword and knives.”

I took off the belt and took off the purple top, and slipped the green one on. I looked in her full-length mirror. I now looked like a normal girl again. “Better?”

“Much.”

We left the house and got into her car. “Now, we need to figure out what you are going to say.”

“Um, how about, I tripped and fell and we want to know if the blood is mine.”

“No, bad idea. We were cleaning out my attic and came across these, and we wanted to know if they were Wendy’s and her husbands?”

“We are going to say Wendy?”

“No, just say your great-great grandmum or something to that effect. This way they’ll have to take your blood too.”

“Uck, I don’t like needles.”

“Well suck it up, besides it was your idea.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Love?

~ Elona