Status: In Progress...

The Way to Believe

Chapter Twenty-Three

Sami and walked through the halls of her dad’s work while Grandma and her dad chatted.

“So, what are you gonna do?” She looked at me.

“I dunno. I mean it’s kind of a big shock. But, this has all been a bit of a shock. You know with one thing and another.” I sniffled, “Here I go, bawling my eyes out again. You know we still haven’t had the funeral.”

“I know, they finally reported it in the papers. Mum was shocked, and I think that was part of the reason Dad did this for you, and your grandmum. I think he feels bad, and that maybe it’ll help you, or something. I dunno though.”

“Yeah, well, it was good of him, but it kind of puts a big wrench into everything. Everyone’s whole perspective of the story of Peter Pan and Wendy will be changed. Well, not the people here, but the people in Neverland; they’ll be shocked. Peter will be devastated, you know his Wendy. His perfect Wendy wasn’t so perfect as he supposed.”

“No apparently she wasn’t.”

“That’s why she married so soon after she came home. I wonder what happened to everyone else, like the lost boys and her brothers. Hmm. Well, I think we should go home now. Gotta talk about things with Grandmum.” I turned back towards where we had come from.

“Bye Iris, hope I see you soon.”

“Me too.” I smiled at her and turned and said to Grandma, “It’s time to go.”

“Okay honey.” And we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's so short. And that it's been forever. Gawd.

Love Elona