Status: In Progress...

The Way to Believe

Chapter Four

I think I fainted. ‘Cause I woke up and I certainly wasn’t in London, let alone Kansas, anymore. I couldn’t remember why I had fainted. I’m not usually one to faint so, this waking up somewhere else, not really knowing where I was or how I got there, was, to say the least, disorienting.

Nobody was around so I decided to get up. That’s when I realized I wasn’t wearing my own clothes. I was wearing purple silk pyjamas. I don’t own purple silk pyjamas, so why am I wearing them?

Oh.

It came rushing back.

Oh. Right.

I just met Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. And I had to have fainted.

No. That was just a dream.

So why am I not wearing my own pyjamas. Why am I not sleeping in my own bed?

Oh. Wait. That’s right. I don’t have a bed anymore. I’m homeless.

I looked at my surroundings. I swear every damn thing was purple. Or gold. It was blinding. The walls were purple, the ceiling was purple, the drapes were purple, and the bed was purple. The only things that weren’t purple were the floor, a pair of slippers and a jewellery box on top of the purple dresser. They were gold.

Not too shabby for homeless.

There was what seemed to be a doorway on my left and another in the front of the room. The one on the left was probably the bathroom. The other: the way out. I decided I would tackle the bathroom first. I really had to pee.

I peeked into the bathroom, but it was much the same. Purple and gold. Which is really weird considering I was going to have to sit on the gold toilet seat? Who ever decorated this room went a bit over the top. I scowled and sat down.

I’ll spare you the details. I went pee.

And washed my hands. And did all the other things you do after you pee.

I wasn’t going to wear these purple pyjamas forever. So I decided to poke around in the dresser / wardrobe I’d seen earlier.

I opened the wardrobe. It was like I was Lucy Pensive and I was discovering Narnia for the first time. I even gasped. Inside the wardrobe was a long row of not fur coats but ball gowns. In every shape, size and colour. I swear they must have all been designer dresses, because boy, were they magnificent.

I giggled. I pulled out the first one I could reach. It was long and green and felt so silky in my hands.

I tried it on. It looked fantastic on me.

Wow. Just wow.

I’ve never worn a ball gown before and I felt like a princess. Now normally I’m not really the princess type. I’m more of a jeans and a t-shirt girl. But man, I need to wear gowns more often. ‘Cause it really felt great. Spectacular really.

I pulled out another one. It was purple.

I think I tried on about 50 different gowns. The wardrobe didn’t seem like it could hold that many, but it kept throwing new ones at me and I tried them all on.

I put on a black and greyish one. I feel like a sexy pirate. I laughed.

“Arrrr,” the mirror didn’t say anything back.

Just at that moment the door burst open. I spun around. It was Peter Pan boy. Or just Peter Pan. I gulped.

“Oh. Uh. Sorr-” He trailed off, and stared at me. “You- you should wear that.”

I stared at him, “What?”

“You should wear that dress. You look really pretty in it.”

“Oh, um thank you?” I looked at him. He had short curly blonde hair, and blue eyes. He was wearing knee breeches and a white piratey top. He was smiling at me. He had this really toothy grin; it even looked as though he had fangs. They were cute. Crap. I always fall for guys who have fangs. They’re adorable. It’s not fair.

“Oh, um. Maybe I should go?”

“You don’t have too.”

“Well you should get dressed or something.”

“Didn’t you just say I should wear this dress?”

“Yeah, I did.” He laughed, it was a musical laugh, “But only if you want to.”

He waved at me and left.

I sat down on the bed and smiled. My life just got a whole lot more interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment!

Love Elona