Black Eye Behind the Monster

Chapter 6

My boyfriends name is Chris and him and I have been dating for almost three months, he still has no clue about the fighting world and I planned to keep it that way. He's about 5' 9", skinny brown hair no glasses or braces. He dresses in plain black t-shirts and jeans that make him look just right. He skate boards but he's not really a skater. He plays football with me and my friends but not a jock, he's just right. My perfect man.

"Angel baby what happened to you? Are you okay?"

"Yes babe I'm fine" I give him a quick kiss on the lips, he's hesitant but he enjoys the embrace.

"What happened?"

The concern in his eyes hurts my heart because I knew I have to lie to him just to protect him.

"Well me and my sister got into another fight, and when I was on the ground she opened the door on my face and busted my nose." It was a weak lie I've come up with better but others that asked bought the story. My younger sister and I get into fights all the time so it was common for me to come to school looking the way I did.

"The fights between you and your sister are getting worse. You should just tell your parents or something, I don't like seeing my beautiful girl getting hurt like this."

"Thanks babe"

The bell rang and we didn't talk the rest of class Mr. Slerfy kept going on and on about how the law of cosines was the best thing the mathematics community ever came up with. Sine, Cosine, Tangent, it was all garbage to me.I didn't give a damn about math I would never need it.
After class Chris kissed me goodbye and told me he would call me later. He couldn't even look at my face just stared down at my feet not daring to look up at my face.

I would talk to him about that on the phone, hopefully if I wasn't called away to fight. My 16th birthday is only 10 days away.