Status: Slowly getting back on track.

Story Of A Girl

What A Beautiful Thing

“I’m freaking out. I’m freaking out.” Evelyn put a hand over her heart as she stood in line. She glanced at Frank when he laughed from beside her. She narrowed her eyes, looking towards the photo set-up. “Mr. Iero, you’re supposed to be up there.”

He shrugged. “So? I hate all the people up there anyway. You actually like me enough not to tease me.” He stared up at his empty spot in line, trying his best to hide behind Evelyn when some people glanced around for him.

She grinned at him. “I would never tease you. I don’t tease my best friend.”

His eyes met hers. “I’m your best friend?” He smiled. “Really?”

She laughed. “Yup.”

He laughed, shaking his head. “I feel like I’m in fourth grade.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Fourth grade?”

He nodded. “Ya’ know, where best friends were always such a big deal and math tests just generally sucked and you liked to hang out in the library just to talk your friends.” He smiled, shaking his head again.

She stared at him with interest as his smile faded. “And then what?”

He sighed. “And then your parents get divorced.” He scratched the back of his neck. “I probably should get up there.”

“Frank,” She stopped him.”I know I have no clue where you’re coming from, so I probably shouldn’t say this, but sometimes it’s a good thing two people get divorced. Then-”

“Easter,” He shook his head. “I really don’t want you talking to me about how this is a good situation, ‘cause it’s not. So please, just don’t.” He turned around, walking off to find his spot in line.

She sunk back in her spot in line, biting her lip. She stared at her shoes as the line moved forward until the girl behind her shoved her forward. She looked back curiously.

“It’s your turn.” She shot, glaring at her.

Evelyn turned around, staring at the man behind the camera as she walked onto the set. She sat down on the stool and smiled a fake smile at the camera.

“Turn your head to the right some.” He said, smiling as she did so. “Tilt your head just a bit. Perfect.” He stared at her, observing her small smile. “Okay, big smile, hun.”

Inwardly sighing, she smiled bigger, exposing her teeth. She held back a flinch as the snap went off. She pushed herself off the stool, looking up when someone called her name.

“Wow, you look so pretty today!” Trent exclaimed, grinning at her. “I liked your picture.”

She smiled lightly up a him. “Thanks.”

“Your smile was a little fake looking though. But, you can always get re-takes.” He said, kissing her forehead.

“You’re in a good mood today.” She noticed.

He jumped up. “Yeah, because football is gonna start soon.”

She sighed. “Oh yeah. I’ll have to talk to Muffie about when cheer practice should pick up.” She sighed again, looking up at him. “You wanna come over for dinner. My parent’s haven’t seen you in forever.”

He glanced at her hesitantly. “It’ll push my workout schedule back,” He smiled when she looked at her feet. “but, that’s okay.”

She grinned back up at him. “This will be fun.”

○○○

“So Trent, how’s school?” Monroe smiled happily as she stared at the teenage boy sitting by her daughter.

“It’s great. I plan to make this year the most memorable. You’re only in high school once.” He grinned at the woman.

“Well,” Evelyn shrugged, “unless you fail, right?” She laughed, gently patting Trent’s shoulder. She stopped laughing, clearing her throat when no one laughed along.

Lane Stewart turned to stare at Trent. “Are you getting ready for football, Trent?” He stabbed into the chicken on his plate.

“Yes, sir. Been practicing since summer ended. I’m really excited.” He let go of Evelyn’s hand as himself and Lane jumped into a conversation about football. Evelyn rested her head in her hand, straining her head forward, trying to be interested in the conversation.

Monroe watched her daughter. There was no doubt that Trent was a nice boy, a good boyfriend and a amazing student. Of course both of the brown-eyed girls parents approved of him, he was everything they could want for their daughter. But, as Monroe watched her daughter strain to be a part of the conversation, she couldn’t help but feel as though he just wasn’t good for her...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know...I know
I kept you guys waiting for the shortest chapter in history...
But, i WILL post the next chapter tomorrow. I promise.
I'll probably be posting it really early in the morning. Like, around 3 or 4.
Gotta get up early for basketball practice.
Anyway, I had a fun weekend xD
Went to a hawaiian themed dace at my school Friday, hung out with my boyfriend at the mall Saturday and then spent the night at his house afterwards. Came home today and I'm ready to relax xD
How was your weekend?