Status: Ended.

Marrying a Total Tool

14

*Night Before Wedding*

Liam and I were laying in bed, his fingers were playing with my hair, but it was almost forced. Almost like he ... really didn't want to do what he was doing.

Or maybe it's just Ryan's words getting to me.

Ryan...

He's on my mind when I'm supposed to be in love with Liam. I have no doubt that I love Liam. But I also have no doubt that I can't resist Ryan. And if I loved Liam the way I'm supposed to then I wouldn't be thinking about Ryan.

And his kisses.

But I'm trying to keep my mind off of that. It was extremely difficult.

"Liam?" I asked. Liam looked over at me and popped his headphones out of his ear.

"Yeah?" Liam asked.

"Why are you marrying me?" I asked.

Liam paled a little.

"And I want all honesty." I said staring directly in his eyes. They were averting away from mine almost immediatly. A clear sign of uncomfort.

"Ugh. Um.... I am marrying you because..... I... urmm...." Liam looked away from me.

"Liam..." I put my head into my hands.

"I'm sorry."

I stared at him, "Don't even answer tonight. Tomorrow is what matters." I said turning away from him and laying down.

"I have to." Liam whispered. I'm pretty sure he didn't think I heard him.

That answered everything. Now I'm positive that Ryan is on my list.

I couldn't help feeling a little upset though. I really did like Liam at one point. Sadly, it wasn't enough for me to want to marry him, or love him.

*Day of Wedding*

Oh my god.

I'm not getting married today. But I have to sit through that whole service and then wait for Ryan to object for me.

And the worse part?

I'm standing in line, watching the bridesmaids go. And then it was my turn.

I stepped out onto the red carpet and saw everybody staring right at me. My heart sped up and I tried to focus down the aisle. And thankfully I saw Ryan standing right behind Liam. And as I was watching them I saw Liam turn around and nod to Ryan. Ryan smiled at him and whispered something.

Before I knew it I was standing right next to Liam, and I was handing Sarina my bouquet and she winked at me, before looking at Ryan.

I turned to Liam and he lifted my veil and took my hands. He looked far away, like he didn't want to be here.

I frowned.

The priest did his whole speech.

Then the moment came, "If anyone objects to this marriage please speak now or forever hold your peace."

My breath caught in my throat and I looked at Ryan expectingly.

Ryan looked at me and smiled.

"Going once." The priest said.

Ryan's smile turned into a smirk.

"Twice..."

I looked impaitently at Ryan and he smiled in my direction.

"And now we move--"

"Hold on." Ryan said stopping the priest.

The priest stared at him, "Do you object sir?"

Ryan put his hands up, "Yeah, sure whatever." Ryan said walking over to Liam and taking his hands from mine.

"What are you doing?" Liam asked angrily.

"Stopping Riley from making the biggest mistake of her life." Ryan smiled, "Sorry pal. But I'm in love with your fiancee."

Sarina's mouth dropped, "You're what!?! You didn't say anything about love!"

Ryan shrugged, "You didn't ask how much I liked her. You just asked if I liked her."

Liam glared, "You don't want to do this Ryan."

"I do."

"I'm in love with her, not you." Liam said his hands bauling into fists.

"That's not what you told me. You said you have to marry her. Not that you want to." Ryan said glaring hard into Liam's eyes.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Liam said. He was clearly about to punch Ryan in the face.

Ryan leaned close to Liam so only he, the priest, and I could hear him, "Tell me, Liam. Does she sigh when you kiss her too?"

That's when Liam lost it. He jumped on Ryan and tried to punch him in the face. Ryan dodged and turned it around so Liam was in a headlock.

"Would you two stop it already?" I yelled.

The two of them turned to me and stared.

"Liam, you make a great friend. And I love you, but as a friend and a make out buddy.

"But Ryan, I love you. And I love you as a lover and a person. A person I want to spend a long time with." I said quietly.

The priest threw his bible down, "Can you decide if you're getting married or not?"

"I'm not." I said walking over to Ryan. Ryan let go of Liam.

Ryan smiled at took my arms. He pulled me to him and I placed my hands on his shoulders. Ryan cupped my face and pulled my lips to his.

The kiss was short, and Ryan looked me in the eyes, "I'm ready for forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be a sequel to this story.