Status: Ended.

Marrying a Total Tool

3

Ryan pulled up to his house and parked the car.

"Your mom won't like me. I can feel it." I said quietly. Ryan chuckled and walked around the other side to open my door.

"Thank you sir." I smiled stepping out. Ryan shut the door and stood behind me, leaning his head on my shoulder and his arms around my waist.

"Anything for you ma'am." Ryan whispered in my ear, and then softly kissing right underneath it, "And for the record, my mom will love you."

I snorted and Ryan grabbed my hand and began to pull me towards the porch. We walked up to the door and Ryan opened it and drug me inside. I took in a sharp breath but immediatly let it out as I looked into the house. It was very quaint, and cute!

"Come on. I want you to meet my mom." Ryan said pulling me towards the kitchen where I immediatly smelt an amazing scent. Chocolate chip cookies.

"Did she know you were coming?" Ryan chuckled. Chocolate chip cookies were my favorite food ever.

I shook my head and Ryan entered the kitchen first. A short, slender, woman was standing by the stove. She had long brown black hair like Ryan's.

"Hey mom." Ryan said smiling. She turned around and immediatly perked up when she saw Ryan.

"Hello sweetie. Is this Riley?" She asked. Ryan nodded.

"Pleased to meet you Mrs-" I started but she cut me off.

"Just call me Gwen." Gwen... reminded me of Guin.

"The Fair Gwen of Air." Ryan smirked quoting "Freak the Mighty".

Ryan gave his mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "How did you know to cook Riles's favorite food, ma?"

Gwen looked at me and smiled, "You like chocolate chip cookies as much as Ry? Wow!"

I smiled at Gwen, "It's my favorite."

Gwen put on oven mits and and opened up the oven. She pulled out the tray of cookies and placed them on the counter. Almost immediatly, Ryan reached for one, but Gwen shooed his hand away.

"Give them ten minutes to cool, Ryan. You are going to burn your fingers off." Gwen said scolding him but then ruffling his mohawk.

"Ma! Not the hawk." Ryan smiled and Gwen waved him off.

"Take Riley out to the swing while the cookies cool." Gwen said to Ryan.

"Yes ma'am!" Ryan saluted Gwen before taking my hand and pulling me out the sliding doors. He led me across the lawn before resting in a seat swing. Ryan set me on his lap and kissed my cheek.

"Where's your dad?" I asked quietly.

Ryan swung us a little bit, "He's not around. He left when I was twelve. Saying he couldn't take it anymore and he just packed his bags left the divorce papers on the table and I never saw him again."

"I'm sorry." I said hugging him.

Ryan shrugged, "I was more concerned about the Fair Gwen. She was distraut." Ryan, again, quoted Freak the Mighty.

"Do you like that book? Freak the Mighty I mean." I asked.

Ryan nodded his head, "I know it's silly, but it's my favorite. Always has been."

I smiled and leaned into him, "It's not silly."

Ryan tilted my head up and kissed me softly.

"That's why I love you. You don't judge me."

"I love you so much."

Ryan swung us for longer than ten minutes. Soon, Gwen was calling us in for dinner.

For once, I felt like I had a family.