Status: Ended.

Marrying a Total Tool

6

I walked back into my house and didn't say a word to my mom. I walked right upstairs and looked out my window as I watched Riley.

She looked around the street with her single bag in her hand, she stared around and started to walk down the road. She must not know where she's going.

And that is all my fault.

In truth, I am in love with her. More than I should be since I just let her go. I don't know why I did it. I guess I'm afraid of getting hurt.

I finally made my way downstairs. My mom was shoving Riley's blueberry pancake in the wastebasket. She turned around and saw me.

"Did she at least have some place to go, Ryan?" Mom asked putting her hands on her hips.

I shrugged, "Probably."

"Why did you do it?"

I stared at the floor, "I don't know."

Mom threw the dishtowel on the ground, "You were in love with her. I just don't get you sometimes."

I turned away from her, "Me either."

************************************3 Days Later************************************************

I was driving down my street when I saw someone. They were hunched over on the curb and looked cold. It was raining pretty hard. My stomach dropped when I saw dark brown hair.

Please, please don't let it be Riley.

I slowed down and actually came to a complete stop. It was her. She was wearing the exact same clothes I left her with. She was shaking.

I didn't even have to think. I jumped out of the car.

I ran to her side and whipped off my jacket, placing it around her shoulders.

"Riley?" I whispered. She didn't look at me, only turned away.

"G-go a-away." She stuttered.

I didn't. Instead I picked her up and put her in the car. I threw her bag in the back and drove towards my house, but passed it. I stopped ,eventually, at Liam's.

I carried her inside where Liam gladly took her in.

"I'll take care of her Ryan. I promise." Liam nodded and then carried her away. My heart went with her.

Liam will take her.

Away from me, I mean.