Still Frames In My Mind

"Time of Your Life" by Green Day

Yes, I realize this song is used for every sappy sad ending, whatever. If you’re reading this and have lost someone to the ebb and flow of life, then you understand how this song can take on a whole new life.

I’ve been sitting back a lot lately, thinking about all the good times me and this kid had. I look at the photographs of us playing music and the time he went to the ATM naked from the waste down and I think about why I called him Dixie Cup and the time he got drunk and broke a bottle against the neighbor‘s house. I laugh and I cry and I wish with every fiber of my being that we could go to Natty Greene’s just one more time to play Galaga while screaming Star Wars lines before getting kicked out, but then I realize we can’t.

That fork in the road left us choosing two completely different roads and that’s okay. I’m where I should be and I’m sure he feels the same.

At first I was bitter. I hated his girlfriend and him. I felt as if I had wasted the last five goddamn years of my life, but then I guess life finally butt fucked me and I saw the truth. You can’t hang onto everybody. People come and go and sometimes they don’t. The best thing you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride and not worry about tomorrow.

Tyler and I had our moments, our ups and downs. Even when I think back to us red faced, fists raised and screaming I can’t help but think it was worth all the while.

If there was one last thing I could say to the dude it’d be, “I’m sorry, Shaun.”

He’d get it….
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to post a still frame of the man, the myth and the ledgend; if you guys would like to check that out.