Status: Still Going. Slow Updates Though

A Collection of Short Stories

The Shining Cowness

“HAHA! That’s a good one,” Nikki exclaimed as she clutched her sides as if to hold in the laughter

“I’m telling the truth! I swear to GOD that there was a shining cow in the paddock last night!” Tim screamed back. No one believed him about the strange phenomenon.

“You know what? I’ll show you tonight. I know exactly where it is and I know for sure that it is true!” He continued. Nikki stared at him contemplating whether she really should see if there is such a thing as a shining cow.

“Okay fine. Tonight at 8PM you come pick me up and show me where the shining cow is. If you fail you owe me ice cream for the entire year.” Nikki held out her hand to emphasize the bet.

“And if it is true then you owe me ice cream for the entire year,” He said whilst moving his hand to her hand.

“Deal,” they said in unison whilst shaking hands.

~FF to 8:30PM same day Location: Crazy Bill’s Paddock~

“What the hell were you doing at crazy Bill’s paddock? Do you know what will happen if he find us here?” Nikki whispered. She shivered in cool night’s breeze.

“No I don’t know and we won’t find out because I’m going to show you the shining cow and then we are outta here,” Tim exclaimed. He picked up his pace eager to get out of here as soon as possible. He finally reached a green valley with a small river in the middle and gulping down the water was a herd of cows.

Some were already sleeping, others were grazing or drinking water. Nikki could see some light emanating in the middle of the herd. The two got closer and lo and behold, in its Shining cowness was a ...A shining cow.

It seriously looked as if there was a normal cow that was then blocking the path to heaven. Nikki couldn’t believe her eyes and Tim couldn’t believe that fate was nice to him for once for actually letting the shining cow still be here.

“Well that means you owe me ice cream for the rest of the year!” Tim whispered giddily. Although who wouldn’t be happy if they could get someone else to buy them ice cream for the rest of the year.

But at that moment they were spotted. By Crazy Bill of course. His shotgun in hand and a crazy look in his eye was enough to tell the two that they were dead unless they can get of his property in a second. Sadly they couldn’t, but they sure did have a good shot at it.

Although they did make it out of the farm alive. Albeit a little scathed but alive all the same. Just goes to show that if a friend says they saw a shining cow in Crazy Bill’s paddock then your friend saw a shining cow in Crazy Bill’s paddock. Do not question what happens in Crazy Bill’s paddock.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was written for a prompt off GaiaOnline