Status: Off Hiatus ^^

New Beginnings

The end of the Date

“I had a really great time,” Jonathan said, leaning up against the car. His breath was visible as the twilight air cooled considerably around them. Payton rested her head against his chest, pressing close against him for warmth while his arms tightened around her.

“Same, I’m glad that you came with me,” she replied, her voice slightly muffled by his hoodie. They remained close for a few minutes, neither speaking. Feeling his fingers tangling themselves into her hair, she let out a soft sigh. “You know, I kind of don’t want this day to end—I haven’t felt so relaxed or happy in a little while.”

“Good to know.” His tone seemed to smile. Payton let out a soft laugh. “I want us to go out again,” he stated, running his fingers through her hair, “Have dinner with me tomorrow night,” he offered, “I have practice in the morning and a couple of interviews until five. I can pick you up?”

Payton pulled away and looked into his dark earnest eyes. “Alright, pick me up at seven.” His bright smile lit up his face, causing her cheeks to turn red. Thankfully, if he called her on it, she could blame the cold. A cold wind picked up around them, causing them both to shiver slightly. “I should head home,” she said quietly, trying to stem the disappointment flowing through her.

“Do you want me to walk you home? That way I won’t have to ask for directions,” he teased in return, shifting away from the car and pulling her close to his side as he began walking, not really giving her a choice in the matter.

“Sure, I wouldn’t want to bring the Great Jonathan Toews down to the level that the rest of us mere mortals are,” she retorted back cheekily. He let out a booming laugh and kissed her temple, shocking Payton into pleasurable silence. His lips were warm and slightly chapped from the cold. Swallowing, she couldn’t quite hide her pleased expression. Glancing up at him, she could see a smile toying at his lips.

“So how far away do you live?” he asked as they walked past a few buildings.

“Not far, just that one up ahead.” She pointed to a utilitarian red brick building. Payton couldn’t help but feel slightly embarrassed at the apartments. Knowing him, he lived in some swanky upscale condo with uber modern trimmings. Mentally, she shrugged, pushing her negative emotions away, although she wasn’t fond of the apartment building, she loved her little space, bright and colorful yet at the same time, so cozy.

“Cool, what floor?”

“Eighth floor,” she returned, hiding a yawn behind her hand.

“Well, throwing stones to get your attention will be a challenge,” he said lightly, winking slowly down at her. She let out a laugh as they continued forward. It had been a really sweet day, probably one of her more favorite dates that she had experienced. All the others were the same, dinner at a restaurant, followed by a movie, but this one was different, unique, one that would stand out for a long time in her mind.

Even it being Jonathan brought it up to the top. It wasn’t that he was a professional Hockey Player, it was who he was, a somewhat serious guy with an incredibly sweet and romantic nature. The only complaint that she had was that the date was ending so soon, despite them spending most of the day together. She couldn’t wait to have dinner with him, to see what he was like in his own element.

They entered the building, their fingers still entwined as they walked to the elevator. Payton shyly looked up at him through her lashes. More than anything she wanted him to come up with her, perhaps not to sleep over, but she really didn’t want him to leave. He made her feel on top of the world; like she was the only woman he had seen throughout the day, that she was the most beautiful.

“Would you like to come up for a drink or something?” she asked her voice low and slightly unsure. His lips widened in return as he crowded her against the wall next to the elevator doors. Dipping down, he buried his face into the side of her neck, kissing it softly before his lips moved to her ear.

“As much as I really want to come up with you,” he murmured quietly, huskily, his voice like melted chocolate, “I have an early morning practice and I should head off now, while I still have the control to.” Soft, lightly chapped lips moved across her cheek and down to the corner of her lips.

She couldn’t move, her own lips opening in a slight gasp. It was like fire and ice all in one as he claimed her mouth in a tender but intense kiss. Eyes fluttering closed, Payton’s arms moved around his neck, her fingers playing idly with his hair as she responded eagerly. All she could hear was their soft panting, all she could feel was his body all around her; it didn’t matter that she asked him out to get back at her brother, all that mattered was that he was there, that he was kissing her.

And boy could he kiss! Heat scorched through her skin as his hands deviled inside of her jacket, parting her shirt slightly so that he could stroke at the skin at her waist. A whimper sounded and Payton was sure it came from her as Jonathan groaned in return. Slowly, he ended the kiss, keeping his body close to hers.

He swore something in French, something Payton had difficulty translating in her bemused state. Eyes wide, she stared up at him, her chest heaving slightly as she tried to catch her breath. “Wow…” she trailed off, her hands still entangled in the hair at the nape of his neck. He gave her a wolfish grin as he tried to control his own breathing.

“Tomorrow…” he seemed to groan, “I can’t kiss you again until tomorrow.” His dark eyes were like swirls of heat as they stared straight into her own. “And I will kiss you again, Payton. But if I do it now, I won’t be able to leave.” She swallowed and nodded, her mind trying to catch up. Smiling softly at her, he leant forward again, kissing her temple softly before moving away. “Wear a dress tomorrow.”

Nodding, Payton watched as he walked away, not noticing the person watching her from the stairwell as she turned and pressed the button for the elevator, her fingers tracing her lips unconsciously.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i've taken so long to update, first kiss was hard to write, plus i've been moving, internet should be up properly next week