Status: Off Hiatus ^^

New Beginnings

The Second Date Part Two

Rain deluged down in sheets, hammering the roof of the camero with unrelenting force. The purr of the engine soothed her nerves to a dull roar as Jonathan held her hand over the gear shaft. Rolling her head on her seat, she watched as the street lights illuminated his features as he concentrated on his driving.

He turned then, gifting her with a slow tender smile before lifting her hand up to his lips. “We’ll have to make a run for it,” he murmured against her palm, the car slowing beneath them. Placing their entwined hands back down, he parked the car and pulled a large coat out from the back. “Wait here, ma petite.”

Racing out into the wet with the coat over his head, he went around and opened her door. Ducking under his arm, she waited for him to lock the car door. With him leading, they ran across the wet road. Water soaked through the thick fabric over their heads, leaving them to deal with a steady stream of water dripping over them. It was around this time that Payton was more than pleased with her decision for minimal makeup.

They stopped inside a doorway. Shivering a little, she watched as Jonathan shook out the coat before hanging it on one of the pegs beside them. Stifling a giggle, Payton reached over and smoothed her hands through his hair, brushing away at the water. He was just so adorable.

Pulling her close, Jonathan nestled into her neck, kissing and nipping at it gently for a moment. Sighing, Payton held him close, enjoying the intimacy between them. It was hard keeping her hands away from him, she felt like she needed to touch him as much as possible. Either that, or it was the atmosphere he was creating for her, and she hoped it was a little of both.

Pulling away, he kissed her nose and forehead. “Come on, Payton, reservations remember?” he said with a grin.

“You started it,” she teased, “Looking all adorable in the rain.” His laughter was low and heady. Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, Jonathan guided her down the stairs. It was then she actually started paying attention to where he brought her. The walls of the staircase were a soft muted green, covered in a wrought iron vine. Tea candles flickered artistically in their vine sconces, casting a welcoming light over them.

As they walked down, the narrow corridor widened into a large room and Payton couldn’t control her gasp. Three of the four walls had large fireplaces crackling happily with several couches arranged around them. In the middle of the room was about ten or twelve small circular tables covered with table cloths the same green as the walls. French style decorations were arranged all around them, more popping out as she focused on particular areas.

She almost jumped when Jonathan’s hands rested on her shoulders, slowly pulling her coat off of her. Blushing, she turned her head to look at him shyly. Although he still had his baby boy good looks, he was now simply roguishly handsome. Payton couldn’t decide whether or not she hated how the merest sight of him had her completely breathless.

“Breathe Payton,” he murmured before passing her coat to Maitre de.

Real cute, she thought at him with a playful glare. It was worth it, seeing his face light up in a bright smile.

**

The dinner was exquisite, full of flavour and passion. There was no other date that could come even close to this one and Payton wasn’t ashamed to admit that she wanted more. They danced close to one another on the small dancing floor, their eyes hardly straying as the song crooned about stolen hearts.

His arms held her tight and close, as though he wanted her there with him as much as she. Payton bit her lip as she started imagining more than just a few dates. A serious relationship was what she really wanted and having Jonathan at her side was more than just a little appealing. The only issue was what he thought about the whole thing. Perhaps she was being too hasty with the idea, it was, after all, only their second date, and she didn’t want to ruin it with talks about the future that he may or may not have been ready for it.
But if he brought it up first, she wouldn’t be against the idea at all. In fact, she would more than likely pounce on it like a kitten with cream.

...And pounce on him too while she was at it...

“Want to head out of here?” He whispered in her ear. “I think they’re about to close.”

Turning her head slightly, she noticed the few other patrons getting their things together and nodded regretfully.

“I suppose we had better,” she replied a little mournfully.

“Doesn’t mean the date has to end, silly,” Jonathan said, leading her towards their table. “We can be like teenagers and go watch a late movie, or something.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to Shout out to my friends Soup and Peter for helping me out with this one...plus damaging my ribs with laughter whilst planning it LOL.
I know I know, it has been way too long since i posted, but inspiration struck and now i have this intense need to obey it. Call it instinct or whatever, but i should be punching out a few more chapters soon. So please enjoy and let me know what you think, especially those 47 who have subscribed. Don't worry guys, i still remember and worship you ^^