We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

The next morning I wake up in Mike's bed draped in a sheet, but Mike is nowhere to be found. I pull on my underwear which is lying on the floor by my jeans. My shirt seems to be missing and my jeans are looking fairly uninviting, yet Mike's shirt looks VERY inviting. I pull the button down shirt over my head and the smell of Mike's cologne excites my senses.

I walk out of Mike's room down to the living room where Mike is sitting talking to Billie Joe.

"Why hello Cassie," Billie Joe says in an obvious mocking tone.

"Hi," I say turning red at the fact that all I'm wearing is the shirt Mike was wearing the night before at the club.

"Hey Cass," Mike says smirking.

"I was just leaving," Billie says repressing laughs.

"Bye," Mike calls as Billie heads out the door.

"That was awkward," I murmur as I sit next to Mike.

"Nah, he'll only be laughing until he gets home, then he'll tell Adie they'll take a quick laugh and then it's forgotten," Mike says laughing, "Unless Adie chooses to bug you about it."

"How reassuring," I say planting a kiss on his lips.

"So why are you wearing my shirt?" Mike asks finally.

"Umm, my shirt has been misplaced and I didn't feel like looking for it," I say laughing.

"Misplaced huh?"

"Yup, I looked around the room and it was no where to be found," I say laughing.

"Oh well it's on the middle of the stairs," he says laughing. "Hence Billie's mocking tone."

"WHAT?!" I exclaim suddenly remembering the night before when I literally ripped off my shirt as we stumbled to Mike's bedroom, "I thought that was because I came down in YOUR shirt."

"Well probably that too," Mike says casually.

"You're all too casual about this," I accuse.

"I guess I've become numb over the years to Billie and Tre's treachery," he says laughing.

"I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing," I mutter.

After retrieving my shirt off the stairs I get dressed and Mike and I decide to go for coffee.

"Are you ready to leave tonight?" Mike asks.

"I still have a couple of things left to pack," I say sipping my coffee. "You?"

"Umm, I usually pack last minute," he mutters.

"When you cam by yesterday I was packing."

"Well, when we first started touring we'd have to pick up and leave randomly so taking my time to pack just doesn't seem right," Mike says smirking.

"What about Stella, is she coming too?"

"Yeah, actually she's a flower girl," Mike says after a couple of gulps of coffee.

"Awe isn't that sweet," I say cheesily, "Does she pack ahead of time or is she like you?"

"Her mom packs her stuff at the moment," Mike says shrugging. "Which reminds, me I have to pick her up soon. Do you want to come or would you like to go back to your apartment?"

"I think I'll go back to my apartment. Finish packing, get a change of clothes, etcetera, etcetera," I ramble.

"Okay," Mike says unlocking his car doors as we step out of the Starbucks. He drops me off at my apartment. "So I'll pick you up at five?"

"Yeah," I say kissing him goodbye.

***

Five o'clock on the dot a knocking is heard from my apartment door. I swing open the door expecting to see Mike but instead I see Stella.

"Hey Stella where's your Dad?" I ask in a friendly tone.

"In the car, I told him I wanted to come up here all by myself."

"Alright, just let me grab my suitcase," I say reaching back to grab my bags and lock the door and we walk outside together.

"Hey Mike," I say sitting in the passenger's seat next to him.

"Hey," he says leaning over and kissing me.

"Ew!" Stella says from the back seat.

"Sorry Hero," Mike mutters. "You buckled up?"

"Yup," she says happily.

"Alright," he says as we drive towards the airport.

We get to the gate where Jill and James are already waiting. A few minutes later Billie, Adie, Joey and Jakob walk up to us.

"Where's Tre?" Adie asks looking around.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Mike says shrugging.

"We have to go through the gate soon," Billie says looking at his watch. Moments later we see Tre running towards us carrying Frankito in his arms.

"Sorry we're late," Tre says out of breath. "We got stuck checking in our bags with a loony."

"I'm sure," I say laughing.

"It's true, she was asking a million questions and she wanted to search my bag for drugs and..."

"How about we go through the gate so we don't miss out flight?" Jill suggests waving her ticket.

"Yeah," James says as we go into the designated line.