We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

Adie, Bianca, the kids and I watch the guys play from off stage.

"Cassie, I'm tired," Stella complains while they're playing Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

"I'll take you back to the hotel then," I say as I take her hand.

"Boys, I think you should head back to," Adie says as she picks up Jakob, Joey trudges behind. "Bianca, you coming?"

"No, I think I'll stay here and watch the rest of the show," she says as her eyes don't leave Tre.

"Umm okay," Adie says as we head through the maze backstage to the back door where a car is waiting.

"Can you take us to the hotel?" I ask the driver.

"Yeah sure," he says stepping on his cigarette before sliding into the car.

The trip back to the hotel is short. I put Stella to bed.

"Here, I'll leave you my cell number because your dad might still be on stage if you try to call," I say jotting down my number on the piece of paper, "If anything happens either call me or go see Joey and Jake next door."

"I know, I know," she says as she pulls the blankets over herself.

"See you later Stella," I say as I leave the hotel room and join Adie in the hall.

We get back to the concert in the middle of the final song, Good Riddance. After bowing and blowing kisses to the audience the guys run off stage. Mike comes up to me and wraps his arms around me.

"Great show," I say as I stand on my tip-toes to kiss him. He was all sweaty, but I didn't care.

"Thanks," he says as he kisses the top of my head. "Hmm, I should shower."

"Meh, you're glistening," I say laughing.

"Awe no, I don't want to glisten."

"What? Glistening isn't macho?"

"No," Mike says laughing.

"I think 99% of those screaming fans would beg to differ."

"What's the one percent?"

"Drag-a-longs," I say as we start off back stage towards the dressing rooms.

"Oh okay, well I never like those drag-a-longs anyway, all over-responsible older siblings."

Mike strips out of his clothing to take a shower.

"Stop staring Cassie."

"I can't help it!" he rolls his eyes laughing as he steps into the shower. A few minutes later he steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around his waist.

"So umm where's Stella?"

"She was tired so Adie and I took her and the boys back to the hotel."

"Oh okay, thanks," he says as he pulls on the shirt.

"No problem."

We head out into the hall where Billie and Adie are waiting. We wait a few minutes more for Tre and Bianca.

"I'm in the mood for shots," Mike announces, "Tequila."

"Not me," I say as I lean against him.

"Tre hurry up!" Billie yells impatiently. Tre and Bianca slink out of the dressing room, Tre's arm around her waist.

"Let's go," Tre says smugly as we all head out the back door to the car.
"Find us a club, find us a bar, find us something," Billie demands to the driver.

"I think I know a club you'll like," he says starting the car.

"Fantastic," Adie says as we near a club, with music booming.

I've never seen Mike take down so many shots before; he held his liquor pretty well.

"Mikey, you're like a friggin tequila camel" Tre says as he slaps him on the back.

"Yeah Mikey, you thirsty?" Billie asks as he peels the label off his beer. Mike shrugs as he takes another shot, followed by a swig of beer.

***

"We're going to the beach! We're going to the beach!" Tre's voice is heard coming from the hallway.

"Goddamnit Tre," Mike mutters as he puts his pillow over his head. A knocking comes from the doorway of Mike and I's segment of the hotel room. "Come in!" Estelle opens the door slowly and peers in.

"Dad, can we go to the beach too?"

"Argh, five more minutes," Mike mumbles.

"How about this, I'll take Stella downstairs for breakfast and we'll come back up here before we go to the beach," I suggest.

"M'okay," Mike mumbles into his pillow.

"Alright Stella go get dressed," I say as I make my way over to my suitcase to get dressed.

"You don't mind?"

"Mind what?" I ask as I pull on a tank top.

"Stella."

"What no, why would I?"

"I dunno," he mumbles as he rolls his head over his pillow. I head over to the bathroom sink and fill up a glass with water. I go back into the bedroom and hand the glass to Mike. I then go over to my suitcase and grab a bottle of Tylenol, take two out and hand them to him as well.

"Thanks," he murmurs.

"Is dad sick?" Stella asks as we make our way down to the hotel restaurant.

"No, he just has a really bad headache," I say as we enter the restaurant to see Billie, Adie, Joey and Jake sitting at a table. Adie waves us over.

"Where's Mikey-boy?" Billie asks as Stella and I take our seats.

"Hangover," I say quietly.

"Ha-ha figures," Billie says chuckling to himself.

"Did Tre wake you guys up this morning too?" I ask as the waitress brings us our food.

"Well technically we were already awake," Adie say shrugging, "It's Tre, nothing we can do about it."

"So I take it you won't be joining us at the beach," Billie says referring to Mike's hangover.

"Yeah, we are," I say looking over at Stella.

"Mike's not going to be a happy camper," Billie says laughing.

"Happy camper?" Adie asks quizzically.

"Shoosh you," he says as he pokes at his breakfast with his coffee spoon.

After breakfast Stella and I head back up to the room. Mike is sitting on the couch with a coffee mug in his hand. Stella runs off to her part of the hotel room to put on her bathing suit.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I run my hand through Mike's hair.

"Like shit," he mumbles as he pulls me onto his lap and kisses my lips.

"So you're not coming to the beach," I say as Stella runs back into the portion of the room we're sitting at.

"That was fast," I say as she stands there proudly.

"Come on Dad."

"Okay, okay, just let me find my sunglasses," he says as we stand up.

I go to put on my bathing suit as Mike locates his sunglasses; he already had swimming trunks on, with a white tank. I pull on a skirt over my bathing suit bottom and we head out to the beach. Bianca takes Stella boogie boarding as Mike and I share a beach chair in the shade.

"Mikey boy has a hangover, Mikey boy has a hangover," Tre chants.

"Don't make me hurt you," Mike says as he adjusts his sunglasses.

"Michael has a hangover, Michael has a hangover," Tre chants in an English accent.

"Mmm get Bianca to distract you."

"She's gone boogie boarding with YOUR daughter," Billie says in Tre's defence.

"Adie, distract your husband with your wifely powers," Mike mumbles.

"Oh yes please!" Billie says excitedly.

I peck at Mike neck gently causing me to see a glint of a smile on his face.