We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

We sit in the airport in Hawaii, waiting to transfer flight, which has been delayed one hour. The kids are playing at the small arcade near the food court where Mike and I are currently sitting, with our Starbucks coffees.
"Cassie, I've been meaning to ask you about something." Mike says casually as he taps his fingers on the lid of his coffee.
"Yeah."
"Well, it's just that. . . . well I find that I'm pretty serious about you, well you know I love you." he runs his hand through his hair, "Well I need to know that you support my lifestyle."
"Mike?"
"Well my last serious relationships ended because of either touring or time I spend in studio."
"Mike, I love you. I won't just leave you because you tour for a couple of months." I say rolling my eyes, "I'll miss you like crazy but I won't just end it."
"Thanks, I really needed to hear that." He says smiling, "Move in with me."
"Are you serious?"
"Uh yeah." He says smiling from ear to ear. "I want you to move in with me."
"Yeah, of course." I say still staring at him trying to make sure I'm not delusional.

Our conversation picks up again.
"So what do you usually do for Christmas?" I ask realizing its only days away.
"Well I usually have my sister Myla and her husband over for dinner or something. What about you?"
"I don't know, usually my parents drive up to see me or I go to see them, nothing much." I say shrugging.
"Well, we can have them over at my-our place." Mike says shrugging, "I'll meet your family, and you'll meet mine. And we can both feel awkward together."
"Yeah sounds fun." I say laughing. "So is there any sort of band Christmas celebration?"
"Well we all go to Billie's on Christmas Eve for dinner and stuff."

Behind Mike, Tre is pacing back and forth talking on his cell phone seriously, but he stops as soon as Bianca nears him and he shoves his cell phone in his pocket.
"What's up with Tre?" I ask in a low voice.
"He plans on purposing to Bianca, he has this whole plan on getting her a dance school in Oakland, and purposing to her there."
"Oh, that's why he's so twitchy all of a sudden."
"Yeah, you should've heard him explain all of it to Billie and I. He was like a mental case."
"He really loves her." I say as I watch them from afar.
"Yeah, well they've known each other for like fifteen years." Mike says shrugging.