We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

A couple weeks after the New Years Party, I wake up and look over at Mike who's standing by his dresser apparently looking at something in the drawer.
"Morning." I say, startling him in the process.
"Oh hey." He says closing the drawer quickly, "Umm, did you have any plans for today?"
"Plans? Umm not particularly, why?" I push off the blankets off myself.
"Okay, I want to spend the day with you today." He says as he comes up to me and wraps his arms around my waist.
"I'm sorry, but I really have to go to the washroom." I say as I push away from him and hurry off. After doing my business I look at myself in the mirror. I have to tell Mike, he's going to figure it out eventually. Why am I having so much trouble just telling him? I splash my face with water and head back into the bedroom.

"So what did you have in mind for today?" I ask as I go to pick out my clothes.
"I was thinking we could go down to the pier."
"Yeah okay." I say as I decide on my 'skinny jeans' and red off the shoulder shirt. "Did you already shower?" he nods. I go back into the washroom and complete my routine. As I finish drying my hair, I try to build up the confidence to tell Mike but when I open the door and see him slipping on his jacket it's lost.
"Ready?" he asks.
"Yeah." I say grabbing my purse and jean jacket.

We head out to the car and realize Mike is acting kind of anxious. Did he know? He couldn't possibly know, there was no evidence of what was going on.
"Mike, are you okay?" I ask casually.
"Oh, uh yeah. I'm just trying to remember how to get to this café by the pier." Okay, I think to myself, I'm just over-reacting because I'm paranoid, Mike always acts like that when he's trying to remember directions somewhere.

We get to the café by the pier, a nice little place; the lunch rush had just ended so we were like one of the few people there. We order a light lunch, and I still can't help but realize Mike acting antsy, I try to convince myself I'm seeing things.
"Cassie, are you okay?"
"Me, yeah. Why do you ask?"
"You seem a little distracted." He says furrowing his eyebrows.
"Oh, I'm just thinking how great the pier is for photographing. Just having a 'creative episode." He nods in understanding.

After lunch we decide to walk along the docks, we walk down to this one balcony like thing higher up. We decide to break there and just look over the scenery, not a typical outing I'd have with Mike, but still nice.
"Cassie, I need to ask you something." Mike says after a few minutes.
"Yeah?" I say looking at him, his hands are in his pockets. He removes his hands from his pocket revealing a small item.
"Cassie, from our first conversation I knew I couldn't let you go, Cassie will you marry me?" My heart literally jumps a beat, so he didn't know.