We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

"Yes, of course." I say finally as I sling my arms around his neck and kiss him passionately. That explains why he was so antsy all morning. This was perfect, now all I have to do is find the right moment to tell him. Or it could be quite the contrary and he only proposed because he knew. Our kiss finally breaks and he slips the engagement ring onto my finger.

"I was going to ask you on New Years but I sort of chickened out with everyone there and the whole Tre and Bianca getting married." Mike says as we walk back up the pier.
"Really?" I say happy inside, because I only found out last week so he couldn't possibly have proposed because he knew. I should tell him now, just get it over with. I look down at our enlaced fingers then back up at his smiling face. I open my mouth then shut it again.
"Cassie, are you alright?"
"Yeah, you really caught me off guard." I say smiling, "I love you."

A couple of days later and I still haven't round up the courage to tell Mike. Today we're invited to go for lunch at Jill and James' house. Now I'm worried, Mike will notice the fact that I won't be drinking wine or beer or whatever alcohol they choose to serve.

We get to James and Jill's house and lunch is served almost minutes after we arrive. Billie Joe, Adie, Tre and Bianca were already there, we were the last to arrive.
"Anyone want a beer?" James asks as he stands up from the table.
"It's a little early in the day for me." I say casually.
"Not for me." Billie says as James hands him a brown bottle.
"Me neither." Mike says as the rest of us just snicker.
"That's because you guys used to put beer in your cereal." Adie says laughing hysterically.
"That was once and we were out of milk." Billie says in his own defence.
"We all know that excuse is bull." Tre says shaking his head, "We ate beer cereal on the weekly basis for like a month."
"What happened to what ever happens on tour stays on tour?" Mike asks fairly amused with the conversation as well.
"That was abolished because of Ramona, Estelle and Jakob." Tre says nodding.
"Why they blab?" I ask curiously.
"No, they were conceived." Billie says laughing. "Making kind of hard to pretend it never happened."
"Funny how each one of you have a tour kid." James says in mockery Lunch continues with such rowdy conversations.

We all head into the living room for coffee and dessert. The tension seems pretty high in the room.
"Dear friends," Tre says standing up, "We have an announcement to make." Bianca also stands up, followed by Jill and James. I glance at Mike, Billie and then Adie; they seem as clueless as I am.
"We're pregnant." Bianca and Jill say at more less the same time. Now my head is spinning, is this some sort of sick joke? I look at the four people standing, they're serious. We all start saying our congratulations and stuff.

"Tre, only one ball and you still can knock a girl up." Mike says in mockery, which makes me feel a hell of a lot more uncomfortable.
"Oh shut up Mike." Bianca says rolling her eyes.
"I heard it has not so much to do with the balls, it has more to do with the prostate." Adie says laughing.
"Haha, you guys are carrying around dead weight!" Tre says teasing the other three guys in the room.
"Hey, I happen to like my balls thank you very much." James says putting his hand over his crotch.
"Same." Mike and Billie say laughing.
"Ahh you don't know the freedom of only one." Tre says happily, "so much flexibility." Bianca lets out a snort of laughter.
"It's fucking hilarious that you're both pregnant at the same time." Mike says as the rowdiness continues. I wish we could change topic of conversation. "Which means-"

I pull Mike aside for a second; no one seems to notice because Tre is talking about flexibility.
"Stop cracking those sort of jokes or you're going to make an idiot of yourself." I hiss.
"Cassie, what's gotten into you?" he asks dumbfounded, "No one else seems to mind, and it doesn't even concern you."
"Yes it does." I say getting an awkward stare from my fiancé. "Well sort of."
"what?"
"I-I'm pregnant as well."
"What did you say?" Adie asks, she was the closest to us. "You said something."
"Uh, uh. Oh fuck." I mumble, "Funny thing is, I'm pregnant as well."
"You're kidding?" Billie says laughing. I shake my head.
"I think she's serious." James says staring at me, "Or she's a very talented actress."
"I am serious."
"Well congratulations you two." Tre says causing a chain reaction in congratulations.

"Adrienne, would you like to tell me something?" Billie asks in mock sincerity.
"No Billie."
"You sure?"
"Yes." She says laughing, "I'm the only woman here who's not with child."
"Awe, now I feel left out." Billie whines, "Let's go make one."
"Nope, I'm good." Adie says as everyone bursts out laughing. I look over at Mike who's smiling, but has remained silent.

We leave a little while later and the drive is pretty much in silence, this is what I feared a repeat of what happened with Corey.
"Mike, are you upset?"
"No, I was just wondering why you didn't tell me before." He says calmly, "Or did you just find out?"
"No, I've known for a little less than two weeks." I say quietly.
"Why'd you wait so long to tell me? Why'd you keep it secret?"
"I thought . . . . .it would . . . . . well I was scared."
"Scared of what? That I'd leave you? That I'd be upset?" he questions, "Maybe I haven't looked in the mirror lately but that doesn't sound like something I'd do."
"It didn't sound like something Corey would do either." I say quietly.
"I'm not Corey, I love you and I'll love our child." He says sincerely, "You should know that by now."

***

Mike's P.O.V
I can't believe Cassie's pregnant, not in a bad way. I'm happy, it would've been nice if we could settle down first but I'm sure that she's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with so it doesn't make a major difference. I'm upset because she kept this from me for so long. I know she had a traumatic experience with her ex and I'm trying to understand that but I guess you can't understand that type of thing unless you live through it. I hope her fears and worries about this whole baby thing don't get worse because of the bastard known as Corey.