We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

Well the past couple of months have been interesting. Morning sickness didn't seem as severe as it was last time. But the cravings were just as bad, mainly for Cheerios. Mike has been more than supportive, the complete opposite of Corey. Jill and Bianca had now become my closest friends since we were all going through the same thing. But today I was faced with a problem they couldn't help me with.

I lie in our room bawling my eyes out. Mike was out having some sort of band practice with Billie and Tre. His going to be back soon, I should stop crying. In my attempt to get the tissue box I break down yet again. The bedroom door opens and Mike stares at me upset.
"Cassie, what happened?" he asks, his voice quivering.
"Nothing, sorry." I mumble as I grab a tissue and wipe my eyes.
"It's not nothing." He says as he comes to sit next to me. "No one cries like that for nothing."
"It's just I came to realize that I'm going to have issues if it's a girl." I say feeling like the ultimate bitch, "I know that makes me a bad mother but if it's a girl, I don't know she'll be tainted." He slips next to me and wraps his arms around me.
"Don't be ridiculous, you'll love the baby no matter what it is." He says in a soothing voice.
"I'll love it, but I'll look at it differently."
"Then we'll work through it." He promises. "Here I got an idea." He takes out his cell phone and skims through the phone numbers finally selecting one.

"Yes, I'd like to make an appointment for Cassandra Marquin....... is it possible for one today?...... thank you." Mike hangs up the phone.
"What was that?"
"I got you an appointment so we can find out the gender." He says as he helps me up.
"But we agreed-"
"I can't stand seeing you like this." My cell phone rings and I just stare at it dumbly. Mike picks it up.
"It's Jill." I shake my head. "Hey Jill, no she won't be showing up today, she's a bit under the weather. I will okay. Bye."

We drive down to the hospital and I've more/less composed myself. We head up to the gynecology ward where I'm taken immediately to a room. Mike joins me moments later, followed by the doctor.
"So I understand you'd like to know the sex of the baby?"
"Yes." I say after a couple of moments of consideration. She sets up the ultrasound and spreads petroleum jelly across my stomach.
"Hmm okay, here we are." The doctor says to herself, "well I'm proud to tell you, that you're having." I hold onto Mike's hand, "A boy." I let out a sigh of relief.
"Well I have to tend to another patient." The doctor says leaving the room.
"This is good." Mike says smiling at me.
"Yeah, this is good." I kiss his lips gently. "Thanks."
"For what?"
"Being so good to me." he chuckles.
"I love you Cassie."