We Met At The Eye Doctor

We met at the eye doctor

I rock three month old Travis in my arms adoringly as my mother bustles up to me. "You don't want to get spit up on your dress," she says taking him from me. I roll my eyes. "Are you going to do something with your hair?"
"Umm."
"Here, I'll do your hair," Jill volunteers as she places baby Molly in her baby seat. I take a seat on the chair in front of the mirror and she twists my hair into an elegant bun.
"Sorry I'm late," Bianca says rushing into the room.
"Where's Josh?" I ask as Jill secures a flower in my hair with a bobby pin.
"He's with Tre."
"How do you think Mike's holding up?" I ask as I check out my hair in the mirror.
"He's probably just as jittery as you," Mandy reassures me, fulfilling her job as maid of honor. Bianca and Jill are my bride's maids; we really grew close over our pregnancies. Stella is the flower girl and Travis is the ring bearer. Mike's groomsmen are Billie, Tre and James of course.

"We're going to start now," Myla says coming into the room. She picks up Travis, she was going to carry him up the isle.
"Where's my flowers?" Stella asks nervously.
"Here they are sweetie," My mother says handing her the small basket.
"Shoot, who's going to watch Molly?" Jill asks as I grab my bouquet.
"Here, I will," My mother volunteers as she picks up the baby girl. "Good luck Cassie." She leaves the room to sit with the congregation.
"Ready?" Mandy asks as we all stand in the back of the chapel. Mike and the guys are already up front with the officiate.
"Of course, I'm just nervous," I say as I smooth out my dress.

The music starts, Stella, Myla and Travis are the first to go down the isle. Then its Jill and Bianca, then its Mandy, finally I step down the aisle. I look up at the man I'm about to marry and know it's right. Mike looks so gorgeous up there smiling back at me. As I get up front I hand my bouquet of flowers to Mandy and Mike takes my hands in his. I look into his eyes as we say our vows. As the officiate announced us husband and wife and my lips met Mike's I knew my life was complete. I know there's no such thing as perfect but my life at this very moment is pretty damn close to it.

-End-